Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The real output of Priceangels lasers

Trevor

I have told you my feeling honesty. But you are always the objector and attackor of me even since the first time I come here, why?

You just said you approve of your marketers falsifying prices to deceive customers into thinking a product is higher quality or worth more than it actually is.

I feel like it's fairly logical to object to this practice. :thinking:

-Trevor

You just said you approve of your marketers falsifying prices to deceive customers into thinking a product is higher quality or worth more than it actually is.

I feel like it's fairly logical to object to this practice. :thinking:

-Trevor

I think it's been demonstrated many times that the terms of business ethics vary around the globe.

Yes, at this price said laser is probably a reasonable if not a good, or great deal, but I wouldn't bother wasting your time trying to argue the virtues of honesty, or being "reliable" to these sorts of "discount" exporters that seem to regularly consider honesty as a nice bonus, and not the norm.

I don't like making generalisations, as there are always exceptions, but it's impossible to ignore the fact that the terms of governance and business from the region these companies originate from is vastly different from those in the US, or EU.

In which case, I think it's not really fair to be too critical.

Just expect this and make a choice based on whether or not the risk of buying is worth the price.

Personally I always add the cost of a return shipping to the price and if it still seems good value, then happy days :)

I think it's been demonstrated many times that the terms of business ethics vary around the globe.

Yes, at this price said laser is probably a reasonable if not a good, or great deal, but I wouldn't bother wasting your time trying to argue the virtues of honesty, or being "reliable" to these sorts of "discount" exporters that seem to regularly consider honesty as a nice bonus, and not the norm.

I don't like making generalisations, as there are always exceptions, but it's impossible to ignore the fact that the terms of governance and business from the region these companies originate from is vastly different from those in the US, or EU.

In which case, I think it's not really fair to be too critical.

Just expect this and make a choice based on whether or not the risk of buying is worth the price.

Personally I always add the cost of a return shipping to the price and if it still seems good value, then happy days :)

Agreed

I dont get upset by marketing techniques like these because they are what I expect. Would it be nice if everything was honest? Yes. Is it going to happen? No. All Chinese bargain sites rely on misleading and over exaggerated specs to market their products. You just have to try to weed through the crap and some decent deals can be found.

This kind of thing isnt going to go away so making little jabbing comments is probably not worth instigating arguments.

Trevor

Well, at least he's reliable. :shhh:

EDIT: Concerning the above post, I'm fine with you considering my comments "jabbing" as long as you are aware of this practice and are willing to knowingly support it by throwing money at it. :)

-Trevor

Last edited:

HIMNL9

...... and are willing to knowingly support it by throwing money at it. :)
-Trevor

Careful, with that what you ask ..... one of my throwers can punch slots in street signs, using old "100lire" steel money pieces as ammo :whistle: .....

(sorry, can't resist :p :crackup:)

At least John is being upfront about it.
He hired a manager and if he gives the guy crap about the way he is doing his job, he has a hostile employee.
The manager probably has a very "discount online store attitude" and so does things like all of the others do.
Its a toss up really, put yourself at a disadvantage in the market (because overstating the value works well on the unwashed masses) or smack down your hired helper.
I'd probably do what John does and stay on my vacation ^_^

Trevor , I understand you wholeheartedly. But I hope you can understand me to some extend. I have told you I don't think it is a over $100 laser, and more, the money you need to pay is only $23.67.

I am afraid no one will he happy to work for me if I do as you told me. They need to do in their own way as long as the way will not be harmful to my customers.

BTW, I do think this laser worthy the price with no doubt. And will tell you the real output if possible.
(I don't have IR Filter, so all real outputs I told you include the IR. This point have been told before)

Reliable john

Maybe it's just me, though I know some of you agree... John is going WAY above and beyond what is necessary for the sake of a reliable or even semi-reliable product. I definitely agree that the marketing ploys for different countries and societies vary... Anyone who's ever traveled to Dominican Republic for a little vacation has definitely heard "cheapie cheapie... You like you buy"

While I don't condone the business practices of management, there's also a very different societal structure in terms of respect. Here in North America, its perfectly acceptable to question your management decisions, but in many eastern cultures, it's disrespectful and rude. I can see why John might make that decision. (about the 120$ to 23$ price drop)

People are also suggesting that John gets an IR lens after everything he's been doing already...

Maybe I'm being too ... Self-critical here, but I find the North American sense of entitlement a little disheartening. Some people expect that he bend over backwards for us... For a 40$ laser. Really? I think we are fortunate to have someone that actually cares enough about the customer to do what he has been doing already yet we ask more without offering to help.

Well, I'm offering to help John and (maybe in an indirect way) our community here...

It's not much, but I'd like to buy a few of those IR filters and send them to John. We make the assumption that it's a business expense however how do we know he's not paying out of pocket.

Anyway, I think it would help John, it would benefit us here, and it's a little something maybe to say thank you for caring enough to try and keep a very small niche market happy. :san:

If anyone else is interested, PM me, but I can only see this benefiting the community in the long run.

Last edited: