Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

Re: The REAL Kryton GB round #3

I'm looking for a host for my LPC-815 red burner build. I am extremely interested in the beast if it is going to have a key switch as well as a momentary and ends up being around $80. I might also want a ppr.

Last edited:

I'll take one classic kryton groove unanodized & polished please.
Thanks for offering these!

Chuck

Last edited:

Asherz

I'll take a few as well, but where do you find prices? Am I missing something? :)

EDIT: never-mind I found the price list on the original thread :)

I put my self down for a few, but what does everyone think the best anodizing colours are? so many choices I can't decide lol. I think the beast will be a polished black, what about the grooves?

Is it possible to have anodizing like this done?

stmatch3.jpg

h60332.jpg

On this one, on the groove you could have purple body, black side grooves and front grooves also black. Is the skull possible on the end of the barrel maybe? or a cool black laser sign.

Last edited:

Thnx Ken, i just added the anodizing for my hosts ( im @ work now lol ) white is possible right?

They call it clear, but yes:

DSC00057.jpg

^Ken's picture

Last edited:

o wow thnx for that pic they look nice:drool: that green in the middle looks tempting to:undecided:

Bryce007, In your picture the white ones on the right are clear? What would polished look like?

Yea. Bare and polished. Wow! That looks sweet! That is definitely what I wanted to order. Thanks for finding the pic. It is not an option but I wonder what a beast would like like bare and polished.

EDIT: It looks like i might have read things wrong. Is bare and polished an option for the beast too?

I am unclear on the bare but polished option. Does that cost extra?

Last edited:

Another question... Is there an option for the groove to get a focus ring from jayrob and have it bare and polished like the barrel?

Jay can make it for you when dimensions are available, polishing can be done. Polishing yourself isn't too hard, as long as the finish is good (my own lathe work was a bit shoddy, so there are some slight scuff-marks which won't polish out, this won't be an issue on the Krytons) it's just 20 minutes with a cloth and some metal polish.

Kenom

sorry guys, I see a ton of questions that beg answering, and I will get to them.. Thanks to bryce for answering a few. I will get back to answering these wehn I wake from my nap...

Kenom

OK here goes. I'm not going to quote everyone as it just will get messy with so many responses.

The groove is 2mm wide by 2mm deep. I believe jayrob had to glue his to keep it in place.

It is my hope to get the Beast just like a RPL or Aries with a side button that is more than just momentary. Add onto that a keyswitch on the tail and an aperture shutter in the top.

White is not possible. Although as you see in the pictures, they look very white when polished prior to anodizing and anodize it clear. When your holding it in your hand it's not as white as you see in teh picture.

You can get a beast in unanodized polished so that it's nice and shiny like the pictured barrel. However keep in mind, the polishing cannot get into the fins so the insides of those will not look as good. On the Kryton grooves, the grooves and fins are only 2mm deep. On the beast it's going to be a bit more. (more surface area = more cooling) As to the cost of bare with polishing, it takes someone time to sit in front of a buffer to polish them up, so the cost is just $5 on top of the cost of the barrel. If it was anodized it woudl be the cost of anodizing + the cost of the polish and folks let me tell you. We all learned the hard way that non-polished anodized surfaces look like crap. It literally brings out every scratch and makes it visible. Can be best illustrated with this comparison shot.

DSC00033.jpg

It's only $5 more to have your barrel polished. Be it anodized or non, the polish is so worth it. You do not want to be the unlucky person who gets that red scratched up looking barrel in the mail and think to yourself, "God, it was only $5 that shoulda been paid" Anodizing CAN be stripped but the cost associated with stripping, polishing and re-anodizing is a hell of a lot more expensive than the initial $5.

Vets speak up and share your OMG stories from when you first saw those scratches visible.

Heres another
DSC00064.jpg

Last edited:

When are you expecting to ship these new hosts?

mfo

Man Ken....I hate you....I just booked my ticket to Honolulu yesterday, and figured I should tighten my belt a little bit, and now I see this thread! Well, I put myself down for one, but I might have made a boo boo :( When I was filling out the form for my Kryton Groove, I accidentally started typing in daguin's box. I hit control + Z to undo the changes, but please double check that I did not mess up his order. Sorry about that guys.

Oh yeah, these things look awesome.