Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The I "C" Red Battle Royale LPF Contest

Yep! :D

1281038856-coffee-web-designers-716621.jpg

Many of the long time LPF veterans have invested thousands over the years in GB's, Murder Funds and just buying hard to find diodes and lasers, projectors, etc. This is a small contribution on my part to advance the hobby and help the LPF community.

Appreciate the kind words, but there are many more deserving. :bowdown:

Happy Lasing,

~ LB

I have a plan that is in development with Sinner.

As some of you know, I only hunt special wavelengths now. From DPSS, to special diodes. Those diodes that are the cream of the crop, super efficient, wavelength binned, etc, get put into my MS hosts.

That being said, I unfortunately only have one built (the 520nm in the MSV2). I still need a 460nm diode, a 420nm, and a couple others.

For the 3W 650nm, I am having a special MS-SSW built by Sinner himself. details are as follows.

MS-SSW with a copper head, and fit for 2 26650's. The entire top portions will all be copper. I will have an area on the bottom of the pill to drill in and put the diode, under that will be a second pill for the driver. Above the diode will be a 50mm tunnel for the focal length lens. At the end of the tunnel will be an opening, with a very small lip (0.2mm at most) where the lens will sit. Then another copper piece with the same design as the MS-SSW focus knob will thread onto the head, over the lens, securing it into the host in a shell. This will still allow for the awesome focus knob design, and infinite focusing, plus the lens will be encapsulated so no damage can be done, and if I need to replace it for whatever reason, it can still be removed.

I am stoked to get this show on the road!

ALSO! Some + Rep for LB for this awesome signature design!

Last edited:
3W 650mn MS-SSW!!! :drool:

Things are heating up :eek: I was wondering about those MS-SSW's. They are some Awesome hosts and huge. Nice entry Bloom :beer:

You're welcome btw, thanks for working on that RGB set for me :)

~ LB

Last edited:
Wow, LB! I am most impressed. And to BP for the 3W MS-SSW! I am so jealous! I wish I could get into this. Maybe someone will want a build by me when there are some viable build options available.

Big rep to you, LB on this thread! I would personally like to get as much info as possible with regards to lensing these things. I don't know what lenses are available, from where, dimensions, or anything.

LB, if you find a design you like, and still want me to build it for you, I'm game.

Thanks SBA, Sinner has promised C-Mount MS-Envys in the near future and Mr. Crouse and Jayrob have C-mount designs in the works too :) Issac and others are beginning to post lenses and options so, it looks really promising. You're a great builder and I would be honored to work with you again :beer: I love my Kryton and MS-SSW.

You do have 2 months to come up with a design. The 2 winners by LPF vote will both receive diodes. Won't cost anything to post a design :D

Team building is an option too if like minded members feel they would be better served by pooling resources and knowledge it's definitely an option. The ultimate goal is to have a lively discussion and share information. and have FUN!!!

~ LB

There's a lens in the 5W 650 thread, gimme a sec.

I cannot wait to build this.

This is most generous of you LB:bowdown: Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Thanks Scott :eek: I'm just a spectator :pop:

Nice Bloom :beer: thanks for posting the lens link.

Just some info pulled from the threads...

Lazeerer the Man said:
You need a Case Continuous + driver.

Or you must insulate the diode from the case Which is not hard to do.

Rather then using 2 drivers i would use 1 X-Drive since they can do 3A.

But to use an X-Drive you must insulate the diode from the case like i mentioned.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/i-fac-ed-5-6mm-445nm-diode-home-diy-81547.html

Posted by AALasers...
PRECISION LASER GRADE ACHROMAT 20MM DIA, 50MM FL - Surplus Shed

The brilliant CDBeam also has one of these diodes already :thinking:

DTR said:
Well here is what I got so far. They are some tough bastards. I ran it for 20 minutes on 5A with it just bolted to a heatsink out of a M140 projector. I paired it with a lens out of the panasonic projector.

Both Lazeerer and DTR have been doing some fantastic work testing these new diodes out for everybody as always. :bowdown:

Lazeerer said:
This diode has a FAC on it.
FAC'ed diodes use a long FL lens to collimate the beam with little power lose.
You can only use Short FL lens on NO FAC diodes.
Case + like all 650 are...

You see the diode in the heatsink and then 50mm away is the lens.
Thats all it takes.

~ LB

I would join but I don't think any one would helpme. My idea would be the "death Spirograph" two mirrors two motors 5w death laser a couple potentiometers a project box... Imagine the patterns you could burn

cantthinkofone said:
My idea would be the "death Spirograph" two mirrors two motors 5w death laser a couple potentiometers a project box... Imagine the patterns you could burn

Hmm... Crop Circle Projector? :thinking: You can design it on "paper" first and you have 2 months to see if there is some interest...

~ LB

Pman

Honestly not terribly surprised by this thread.
It's Lazerbeak and I'm honored to be one of his friends. The epitome of a true "giver"
Shames most of us with encouragement and kindness (and that's been ongoing way before this thread).

Thanks my friend for all you do. An example to us all.

Pete

Last edited:
Thanks Pman, I learned from the best ;) I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have with out your help :beer:

That makes me happy Duke :) I'm glad she liked them. You did a great job and definitely earned it :gj:

Now cut it out guys, this is a contest :na:

~ LB

I will draw out some schematics and maybe make a proof of concept with a 5mw red. A 5w Spirograph would burn some cool patterns and so that's def how I'm entering this contest. No one copy me