Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Hardest thing I have ever had to in my Life

Thank you All for the kind words of faith ;)
I am looking on this as a blessing for her as she is no longer suffering and is with her loved ones :angel:
That dosn't make this any easer to type here though...

I am most happy to hear several members have quit the cancer sticks
and are on the road to recovery of there breating, GOOD on you guys :beer:

Thanks again everyone for all the support in my time of need :gh:

my condolences my friend, Jeff.

My mom passed away from the same cause.

I hope your words will ring true with all who read them here, I know we have many great members who smoke. I, for one would like to see them around for a long(er) time.

All smokers eventually quit...some day.. its up to them when.

len

Sorry to hear that Jeff, she is in a better place now, no more pain or suffering. I hope everyone on the forum reads your OP and listens to it. I know I have never smoked in my life an never will.

TTerbo

Sorry to hear this :(.
I remember when i lost my nan... makes me :cryyy:

Having lost my grandma to the same thing a little over two years ago you have my sympathies. Both my brother and I have flat out told our mom "You saw what happened to your own mother maybe it's time to quit." She still hasn't.

mod101

I'm sorry for your loss flaminpyro, I lost an uncle when I was really little to smoking. I still have aunts who smoke though (One of them was married to the uncle that died). I have tried to stop them from smoking but to no avail. Thanks for your message, makes me want to try to get them to stop smoking again, even if I dont fully succeed i may have some impact.

Sorry for your loss, but thank you for your heartfelt message.

I clicked on this thread while having a stoge, wasn't expecting this. (Thought this thread was going to be about you selling your lasers to support your family or something... :p )

All i can say is I've been trying to quit, on and off for the past three months (smoker for four years), and your post will definitely go into the thoughts of quitting smoking. After this upcoming Monday's midterm there is definitely going to be break.

I am realy glad to hear this Ken and hope you can keep it up as you will in the long run be much better for it :D

It's been a while now so how is it going for you still using the ecig's ?

Peace All...

Jeff, I will add my own heartfelt condolences.

I have smoked now for 25 years and within the last 3 weeks have transitioned over to electronic cigarettes. I have tried multiple times to quit smoking with no success so I figured I'd give the Ecig a try. I've now been 1 week without a cigarette at all, and plan on moving from 16mg of nicotine I am getting in the Ecig, down to 0mg over the next 2-3 months. The initial transition from analog (what ecig users call cigarettes) to the PV (personal vaporizer) was rather difficult since I knew it wasn't a real cigarette. However now I don't smoke analogs at all and only hit the PV about 5-6 times a day. I no longer stink of cigarette smoke, can actually taste my food, am getting my breath back, and the flavor of the ecig (cherry is my fav) is pleasant for everyone to smell around me. The thing wasn't marketed as a cessation device, but I am using it for this purpose and have every confidence that it will work where others have failed.

I know how you feel man, my family is plagued with alcohol, cigs and drugs, I'm the only one in my family who hasn't tried any of them. People bust on me alot because I refuse to even have a single beer, but not many people I know have the discipline and will power that I have, and I refuse to do things to be popular.

Jeff, I will add my own heartfelt condolences.

I have smoked now for 25 years and within the last 3 weeks have transitioned over to electronic cigarettes. I have tried multiple times to quit smoking with no success so I figured I'd give the Ecig a try. I've now been 1 week without a cigarette at all, and plan on moving from 16mg of nicotine I am getting in the Ecig, down to 0mg over the next 2-3 months. The initial transition from analog (what ecig users call cigarettes) to the PV (personal vaporizer) was rather difficult since I knew it wasn't a real cigarette. However now I don't smoke analogs at all and only hit the PV about 5-6 times a day. I no longer stink of cigarette smoke, can actually taste my food, am getting my breath back, and the flavor of the ecig (cherry is my fav) is pleasant for everyone to smell around me. The thing wasn't marketed as a cessation device, but I am using it for this purpose and have every confidence that it will work where others have failed.

I've been nicotine free for a few months now. I smoked for roughly 16 years and after multiple attempts, I finally got to a point where i preferred wearing nicotine patches over smoking.
Once I was at that point I was able to use the "steps" to go from 24, to 14, to 7, and then to quit completely. I still crave cigarettes but it isn't that bad.

Awe im so sorry to hear of your loss! If it makes you feel any better i quit smoking after i read this! J/k I dont smoke. Ill definitely keep this in mind! I hope yo and your family do not take the loss too hard and everything is ok. Im glad you posted this because it is not good to keep things like these pinned up. My prayers go to you and your mom tonight!

mfo

I've been nicotine free for a few months now. I smoked for roughly 16 years and after multiple attempts, I finally got to a point where i preferred wearing nicotine patches over smoking.
Once I was at that point I was able to use the "steps" to go from 24, to 14, to 7, and then to quit completely. I still crave cigarettes but it isn't that bad.

You started smoking at 10 years old dude?

Inside his mother He Clawed his way out and was Prematurely born because he needed to get out to the open Air so he could start Lighting up.
rauch12.gif

daguin

I started when I was 12. I had to roll my own with Bugler and straw paper. I smoked until I was 28. I'm 57. I still get an occasional craving

Don't start and you never have to quit

Peace,
dave