Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser Open Thread

BobMc

You found the aluminum finish option, right? ;)

Lots of driver choices:

Diode Drivers

Haaa, yes thanks, I found the aluminum hosts, than I used the search bar for diode drivers and all that came up was one 1.2 amp driver.

It's a conspiracy. :D

Edit;
Just ordered a couple of your alumium host and some other things. Gonna give them a try. Thanks :)

Last edited:

BobMc

Thanks, I hope you like them! :)

Me too! I'm sure I will.
When I find the time after I build I'll do a review, doesn't seem like anyone has done a review on them yet, seeing how their still pretty new. :thinking:

Last edited:

Garoq

Our DTR 20mm Diode Module Host Bundle is now available on our U.S. customer store!

DTR 20mm Diode Module Host Bundle

This will also be available soon on our international store.

32497245313_4c7aef79ec_b.jpg

The DTR 20mm Diode Module Host bundle includes the following:

• Your choice of black anodized C6 or S4 host (no logo) with DTR 20mm diode module adapter
• Drilled driver pill & brass ring
• Unwired blank battery contact board
• Your choice of standard 3-element or G-2 lens, both with extended focus ring
• Your choice of extended focus ring color
• External lens spring
• Silicone lens cap
• Ceramique thermal compound

NOTE: Does not include diode, diode module or driver circuit.

See DTR's build thread here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/sl-s4-c6-20mm-adapter-build-101083.html

The base price of $49.99 is a savings of about $7 over purchasing the parts separately. The base unit includes the C6 host and a standard 3-element lens. S4 host and G-2 lens options are available for a nominal extra charge.

This host bundle is designed to use a DTR 20mm copper diode module which can be purchased here:

DTR Copper Diode Modules

The inside lip of the adapter makes direct contact with the module and holds it in compression against the driver pill. By using a small amount of thermal grease, effective heat transfer can be established from the module to the adapter and the pill, and through the rest of the host.

Clearly a good number of different diode-driver combinations can be used in this configuration. We leave it to the imagination of the builder to decide what is the best combination of parts for their application.

An included O-ring can be placed between the end of the module and the inside lip of the module adapter to compensate for slight tolerances in the length of the module if necessary.

Note that this product is intended for use with the DTR 20mm aluminum and copper modules with the built-in driver shelf.

32497245473_243183e56a_b.jpg

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
:yh:Those hosts look good Gary, a super combo. with DTR's 20mm module, they ought to be a great seller!
There should be some cool builds made from these in no time!

Encap

:yh:Those hosts look good Gary, a super combo. with DTR's 20mm module, they ought to be a great seller!
There should be some cool builds made from these in no time!

Ditto BowtieGuy's comments.

Great new product--looks good--nice work Gary!

Excellent collaborative effort with DTR.
At $49.99 it is sure to be very popular especially with new builders wanting an easy build with a wide array of available diode choices in the 20mm module from DTR.

Last edited:

BobMc

Nice, very, love these c6 builds. One more variety of builds that use them, makes such a sweet simple build. :gj:

Garoq

We have a new lower price on the external lens springs, now only $2.49 each or $9.99 for a 5-pack!

37335087431_9d01e4ba1c_z.jpg

Hi Gary,
Well done on the price reduction for the external springs I will Be putting in an order tonight . Always a pleasure buddy

Rich:)

Garoq

Last edited:

Encap

Our new high-power 1.8-7.0A adjustable rectangular diode drivers have been shipped from our supplier and should be available on the Survival Laser stores later this week! Full specs and other info will be posted soon.

Nice addition to available SL products. Best of luck with it.

Hi, Gary,
Awesome more driver choices always contributing great products. Ill be ordering when all the specs are in. PLUS+ Rep..

Rich:)

Last edited: