Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Star Trek TOS Phaser's Laser Modded For Sale..

I've been admiring those phaser builds too, you know what would make an awesome one? Coaxial beam combining a 1 watt green laser diode with a multi-watt IR diode, if you could get them both collimated together on the output into one beam it would burn like the dickens, far more so than the visible wavelength light component and be able to see where it's pointing to dramatically add to the burning effect. The way to do that is optically easy enough, just the heat sinking and battery supply becomes the challenge for a decent amount of run time.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Alaskan, some toy props like this one have a bit of room..
This is a test fit of a complete 501B heatsink/module minus the sound board and speaker.
With a bit of work I can see 2 14500's fitting or maby 2 16340's in series in the handle.. I also bought 2 Efest off size 13450's but thats it on them, no more stock or to be found..
Do it Alaskan!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20181207_093412.jpg
    IMG_20181207_093412.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 11
More room in there than I thought then. It would be a new pointer for us to combine IR with a powerful visible beam, it sure would give the illusion the visible light beam was far more powerful than it should be. Another one to think about building, doable but needs some love and care to work everything out and a lot of time to get it right.

Another way is to machine an over sized phaser, maybe not so much larger to know by a glance it's really bigger than the movie version, but allowing more heatsink and battery capacity.

What about all that room behind the heat sink, Peter? Looks like you could get another couple of batteries in there.

GSS

You can have room back just about up to that larger pin as that is were the trigger goes on and pivots. The sinking can even be wider inside up to that point. Like I mentioned the sound board is also out and speaker has to be mounted up top. Which will take up room at least the way I do it. I use the stock trigger piece that hit's a added limit switch as it hits the sound card at the same time. Since I now use the battery box in the handle for the laser, which was originaly just for the sound, I added a battery source for the sound using 3 LR44 button cells that inside up top towards the back of the prop..
Alot of the these extra parts can be eliminated if you didn't want sound "but that's the fun of it" or use a simple smaller push button switch and make a circuit to step down the voltage to the sound to 4.5V from the 8.4V that the laser gets..

This pick is the first play build to show the basic's but since been cleaned up with the wires being shortened and some other basics..
The curvature of the handle will hold 2 14500's side by side and probably 2 16340's in series.

Attachments

• phaser 1.jpg
    phaser 1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 12

GSS

Check this Rubies Toy company. They seem to make alot of low cost props from every type of TV series or movie.
Not just this page link but I would browse as came across some rifle type props that have alot more room..

This looks like it might have some room...

Last edited:
Hey Pete!
Just catching up! I might ask to commission you for a Diamond select 2 Watt 465 nm if possible? I also showed the 2Watt 445 Rubies to my neighbor who wanted to buy it from me. I've been preaching to him about safety-and he has said he will do an intro post-get an Eagle pair and memorize the safety info. He is a gun safety fan and I emphasized that he needs to apply most of the same rules.

Reactions: GSS
Hi P,
GSS makes some awesome phasers, I'm sure he can do that build . 465nm are a nice WL pushed to about 470nm .
Good luck with the build ....

Rich:)

Hi P,
GSS makes some awesome phasers, I'm sure he can do that build . 465nm are a nice WL pushed to about 470nm .
Good luck with the build ....

Yes he does- I have one he converted- 465 @ 470 nm that's what I hope for!

I've got another NDB7675 and an SXD 2.4 amp driver that I am planning on using together to see if I can get a higher wavelength than 465nm. That is as high as I am willing to drive this diode, though I have heard of others driving them over 2.8 amps.

Hi P,
Yes a 465/470nm phaser would be really nice , there are 465nm diodes around with a GBall lens that would be great in a phaser build.

GSS

Hey Pete!
Just catching up! I might ask to commission you for a Diamond select 2 Watt 465 nm if possible? I also showed the 2Watt 445 Rubies to my neighbor who wanted to buy it from me. I've been preaching to him about safety-and he has said he will do an intro post-get an Eagle pair and memorize the safety info. He is a gun safety fan and I emphasized that he needs to apply most of the same rules.
Yike's.. Those Diamond Select are really nice with the removable P1.
They are tight inside though.. I did mod one with a 532 Fasttech module mod and kept the plastic nozzle.
Of course you know the plastic nozzle has to come off and replaced with a nice AL one. The switch setup is the hardest part as the little P1 mini has all the electronic's sound wise and the battery source. The main body's phaser trigger hits the switch under the P1 with a rod on the trigger.
JonPaul12 on ebay sells alot of metal parts and some trigger setups just for modding.. He sells a complete AL nozzle thats made to take a 12mm copper module and works as a heatsink also.
This would be the "ONLY" time I might not go to Lifetime17. Not at all because Rich couldn't machine it;) but JonPaul has been doing these sinks for years and has invested tons of tooling just for that one piece and has worked out the kinks of the nozzle fitting. Plus he puts them on sale once in while for around $20 and has the clear hollow plastic emitter tips.. Although he shows video's of using prop puddy to keep it in place..

Last edited:
Yike's.. Those Diamond Select are really nice with the removable P1.
They are tight inside though.. I did mod one with a 532 Fasttech module mod and kept the plastic nozzle.
Of course you know the plastic nozzle has to come off and replaced with a nice AL one. The switch setup is the hardest part as the little P1 mini has all the electronic's sound wise and the battery source. The main body's phaser trigger hits the switch under the P1 with a rod on the trigger.
JonPaul12 on ebay sells alot of metal parts and some trigger setups just for modding.. He sells a complete AL nozzle thats made to take a 12mm copper module and works as a heatsink also.
This would be the "ONLY" time I might not go to Lifetime17. Not at all because Rich couldn't machine it;) but JonPaul has been doing these sinks for years and has invested tons of tooling just for that one piece and has worked out the kinks of the nozzle fitting. Plus he puts them on sale once in while for around $20 and has the clear hollow plastic emitter tips.. Although he shows video's of using prop puddy to keep it in place..
Not enough room? I saw you converted some Diamond Select and got excited. :)

GSS

Decided to do build of a Star Trek Movie "Into the darkness" phaser. Never seen the movie and other than the TOS TV series i'm not even close to being a Trekie but these props are so fun.
A140 at 1.8A with a SXD doing a "Freakesh "1.99W". with a G2 :) It's also looks like it has a lighter blue color to it, to my eyes anyways..
Lifetime17"s front custom nozzle and a "Into a darkness different pulse like phaser sound..
I'm bumping this style phaser for sale..

Attachments

• IMG_20190407_095409.jpg
    IMG_20190407_095409.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 6
Hi Gss,
These phaser mods are great , you do some nice work on these props. Also you prices are awesome for the work put into these mods. Real laser beams and sound to match , keep up the good work buddy.

Hi GSS! The TOS phaser I bought from you was stolen from my car trunk. So I'm in the market again. Arrrrrrrgh. The ONE time I forget to lock the door is the ONE time the local thief goes through my car.