Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sound card DAC tutorial

Can you explain more about the failure? What were you doing at the time, as in what frame(s) were you working with? Is your DAC in any sort of enclosure? Is the c-media sound card still selected as the default system sound card? Have you checked EZAudDAC.ini to make sure those settings are correct? Also, what software were you using at the time? In all the years that I've worked with computers and electronics professionally I have yet to see something "just stop" without there being some good reason for it.

@Guyfromhe: I swear by QS, can't go wrong there.

Probably some driver updated, or something on the system changed or bit-rot... I highly doubt hardware based on whats on that DAC...

I swear by QS and swear at my SC DAC :p

Can you explain more about the failure? What were you doing at the time, as in what frame(s) were you working with? Is your DAC in any sort of enclosure? Is the c-media sound card still selected as the default system sound card? Have you checked EZAudDAC.ini to make sure those settings are correct? Also, what software were you using at the time? In all the years that I've worked with computers and electronics professionally I have yet to see something "just stop" without there being some good reason for it.

@Guyfromhe: I swear by QS, can't go wrong there.

i was playing the laser radiation sign in lfi player. yes the cmedia soundcard is default. the right one is selected in lfi.....etc etc. its windows really. as i only get 2 channels even before the amp.

Where did you buy the galvos ? DTs and PTs are different models of galvos.

I bought the galvos at www.Entertainment-4U.nl. I had them for a cheaper price because they were advertising on "Marktplaats" (it's a dutch advertising site) I bought the LW20K (they are the same as the K12N scanners) scanner set.

Last edited:
I bought the galvos at www.Entertainment-4U.nl. I had them for a cheaper price because they were advertising on "Marktplaats" (it's a dutch advertising site) I bought the LW20K (they are the same as the K12N scanners) scanner set.

I see. Very pricy scanners for their speed. You can get 30ks for almost half the price. Not sure if the ones you bought are higher quality though. The videos you posted seem to project the images pretty nice though :) Well done. Btw, did you have to tune the galvos in any way?

I see. Very pricy scanners for their speed. You can get 30ks for almost half the price. Not sure if the ones you bought are higher quality though. The videos you posted seem to project the images pretty nice though :) Well done. Btw, did you have to tune the galvos in any way?

Yes, I had to tune them a little because the test frame was a bit ''off'' if you know hat I mean. When I project the grid test pattern it's still a bit off but I can't get it tuned right. Btw I payed a 100 euro's for the galvo's. It was a birthday gift.

Last edited:
Question:
On the ILDA pinout, DB25, pins 4 & 17 are Interlock. As far as I can tell, this is a loop back and there is no ground involved.
Correct?
HMike

MLenox

It seems to be doing just fine. When I was tuning, it would fluctuate +/- 2 milivolts when playing max.wav. IDK if this is normal, but it seems to be displaying images on my scope just fine.

Last edited: