Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So who likes hot/spicy food?

cd520

Im a fan of some heat but not extreme like some folks. I like trying various peppers and hot sauces. So who here is a chili head?

Trevor

istockphoto_2447147-raised-hand.jpg

-Trevor

Love it! I carry around my own how sauces...

Does anyone have any recommendations for hot source? I have not found one that is too hot yet...

daguin

I have one very basic rule about food --

Food should NOT hurt me.

Peace,
dave

daguin

Anyone know a girl who likes pungent food? :anyone:

My woman eats stuff that makes her sweat bullets :eg:

I cannot kiss her (or allow her to do anything else to me) for awhile after one of those meals :whistle:

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
I HATE spicy food. I avoid it at all costs. Especially the stuff that's so spicy it's painful.

Wimps... :D (just kiiding!)

Here some really good stuff: The Source Hot Sauce Extract Hot Sauce | Extreme Hot Sauces | Mo Hotta Mo Betta Hot Sauce I really do not like this one, it does not have any real flavor or does not bring out any flavors from food. Beside it was quite expensive, even with discount and being on special (yeap, in fatwallet sometime ago)

As for habaneros, they are no longer the hottest peppers, although the red savina habanero held the record, the Bhut Jolokia is now holds the crown.

I am growing several Bhut Jolokia plants. BJ's do have flavor a nice smoky flavor (unlike the expensive, tasteless, The Source).

I should have seed by the end of the month or beginning of October. If anyone wants to grow them, I be happy to send you a couple of seeds.

But seriously, BJ's are nothing to play with, they are HOT, the burning sensation can last up to 5 hours. If you are not comfortable eating Jalapeños (2,500 - 8,000 Scovilles (units of 'hotness", if you will) or Serranos (10,000 - 23,000) you will not be happy at all with Bhut Jolokias (855,000 - 1,075, 000)!!!

Also, the burning sensation is really in your mind... really, the capsaicin "just" binds to the nerves endings sending a wrong burning sensation to the brain. As a result of the message being received, the body start acting up (while you scream, of course) believing that something is happening to the tissue that is in contact with the capsaicin and sending the necessary information to increase the blood flow (redness) and into inflaming (swelling) in that area.

But that is not the end of it, literally, the capsaicin goes through the digestive system mostly unabsorbed and it is time for you body to discard it, it start "burning" the "other" end... and the process begins, again, with you screaming from you end, thinking that is the end for you, and lasting about another 5 hrs (actually less, saying that just as consolation) :D

However, just because is in your brain, it does not mean that it can NOT kill you. If you heart is weak, all the exciment could bring on a heart atack. Also, you may be alergic to capsaicin (or other ingredients in peppers) and bring a severer alergic reactions. And worst yet, exceed the 47mg/Kg maximum dosage for capsaicin and die of intoxication/overdose (not from the burning sensation, again, it is your nerves sending confusing information).

Hope this helps :D

Last edited:

Pilgor

spicy food everyday for me. If you want hot sauce get Blaine's hot sauce, they have the worlds hottest sauce in the world

cant down tabasco as such, but my tolerance is much higher than most people i know.
a very hot curry barely qualifies as eating for me. its more like a fun experiment or challenge :D

DTR

There is always Dave's insanity sauce.
Dave's Store

Nothing like a deadly spicy chilly if it is done right.
I love having my mouth a burning and my eyes and nose run like Niagara falls. It is a type of high for me.

I believe some of the hottest sauces don't even use peppers but just use pure capsicum extract.

cd520

There is always Dave's insanity sauce.
Dave's Store

Nothing like a deadly spicy chilly if it is done right.
I love having my mouth a burning and my eyes and nose run like Niagara falls. It is a type of high for me.

I believe some of the hottest sauces don't even use peppers but just use pure capsicum extract.

I was eating exactly that on my sub sandwich when I posted this thread. I apply it by using a toothpick and dabbing across the bread. I had sweat rolling of my face too lol. Good for the sinus's!!!