Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

silliness with a 40 mw Evo Pro

You do realize he stated that he didn't want anything with that high of mW!

Correct.I wanted 40 mw.I got that with a ridiculously small beam and great stability, and cheap AA power.
I note, there are are a number of references here to failed rayfoss and o-like lasers.Also, beamshot comparisons showed the rayfoss with a bigger dot in the review I saw.
I like the laser I got, a lot.If I was lucky(very) I could have more power for less money.
But shipping to China is not that cheap from the United States.And, I have had sad experiences with low quality control lasers from China before.I have neither the time nor the money to test the el-cheapos anymore.
The Evo Pro works perfectly so far, and if it fails, I assure you I will post that prominently.So far, it is brick reliable and stable.

Correct.I wanted 40 mw.I got that with a ridiculously small beam and great stability, and cheap AA power.
I note, there are are a number of references here to failed rayfoss and o-like lasers.Also, beamshot comparisons showed the rayfoss with a bigger dot in the review I saw.
I like the laser I got, a lot.If I was lucky(very) I could have more power for less money.
But shipping to China is not that cheap from the United States.And, I have had sad experiences with low quality control lasers from China before.I have neither the time nor the money to test the el-cheapos anymore.
The Evo Pro works perfectly so far, and if it fails, I assure you I will post that prominently.So far, it is brick reliable and stable.

Shipping from china is usually free... And Like I said the 200mW from Rayfoss, is a laser that many people on this forum have, and it's overspec.

You cant really compare rayfoss lasers to WL(even though I HATE wicked), its like comparing a honda to a lambo. Now I personally would have recomended a CNI laser, much better design of their pens IMO, and they have great, overspec lasers alot cheaper than wicked, and a better quality IMO, infact WL used to, if not still does, got CNI lasers built into their custom hosts.
But as long as you are VERY carefull, and use proper eye protection, there is no reason that you cant buy, and enjoy a higher powered laser.

You cant really compare rayfoss lasers to WL(even though I HATE wicked), its like comparing a honda to a lambo. Now I personally would have recomended a CNI laser, much better design of their pens IMO, and they have great, overspec lasers alot cheaper than wicked, and a better quality IMO, infact WL used to, if not still does, got CNI lasers built into their custom hosts.
But as long as you are VERY carefull, and use proper eye protection, there is no reason that you cant buy, and enjoy a higher powered laser.

in that case, the evo 40mW is a wrecked lambo, that neeb thousans in fix, the rayfoss 200mW is like a fully tunned honda. =)

Well, I dont think its wrecked yet, doesnt mean it wont be, ive read some threads about different WL pens just randomly falling apart the day of or after getting it.
Now I wont argue with anyone that is trashing wicked, but understand that just because rayfoss lasers are normally up to spec, doesnt mean they are high quality.
Besides john seems happy with his, and ive been hearing good things about the PRO seris, but it all depends what you want, most people feel that getting the cheapest up to spec laser is the best idea, while others(myself included) like to get the highly expensive quality lasers that are always at spec, stay at spec, and are all around awesome lasers.
Just like the car senario, some people are fine with hondas, while others would rather have the lambo, doesnt mean honda isnt a good car, its just they want a higher quality.

Well, I dont think its wrecked yet, doesnt mean it wont be, ive read some threads about different WL pens just randomly falling apart the day of or after getting it.
Now I wont argue with anyone that is trashing wicked, but understand that just because rayfoss lasers are normally up to spec, doesnt mean they are high quality.
Besides john seems happy with his, and ive been hearing good things about the PRO seris, but it all depends what you want, most people feel that getting the cheapest up to spec laser is the best idea, while others(myself included) like to get the highly expensive quality lasers that are always at spec, stay at spec, and are all around awesome lasers.
Just like the car senario, some people are fine with hondas, while others would rather have the lambo, doesnt mean honda isnt a good car, its just they want a higher quality.

When I said wrecked, I meant in the sense of comparing value and what not... this 40mW cost the same as a stable 200mW...

Still, as I said some ppl want value, others want quality, its all in what your after. And the rayfoss lasers are near or at spec, doesnt mean they are stable. All DPSS lasers are unstable, some are more stable than others, depends on who made it, and how much effort was put into the manufacturing process.

Still, as I said some ppl want value, others want quality, its all in what your after. And the rayfoss lasers are near or at spec, doesnt mean they are stable. All DPSS lasers are unstable, some are more stable than others, depends on who made it, and how much effort was put into the manufacturing process.

When I was younger I used various low priced binoculars.They always went out of alignment or fogged internally...it got tedious.
So I bought a couple of Leicas. 10X50 and 8X42.They are incredible.And, they are the same every time I pick them up.I don't have the money anymore to buy stuff that pricey, but I am glad I did in the past.
Not that any dpss laser that I can afford will remotely approach the Leica benchmark, but I have found superior quality is worth it in the long run.

Yep:D I always prefer quality products in almost anything, especially lasers, even though you have to pay more, but like you said, in the long run you get more from it.

Just saying only 1 out of 10 people would go for a 40mW that peaks 46mW, opposed to a 200mW that can peak 210mW and is $10 cheaper, also not to mention that, many people crave this laser

Actually someone who has had one of the 200mw rayfoss lasers you're talking about said it was unstable, and underspec... Do you realize when you post something like "Wow I can't believe you bought that for 160$! You could have gotten something way better here!" it sounds really condescending. I guess I just belong to that 10% who would rather pay an extra 200$ to get a quality 200mw green laser from CNI...

Just saying only 1 out of 10 people would go for a 40mW that peaks 46mW, opposed to a 200mW that can peak 210mW and is $10 cheaper, also not to mention that, many people crave this laser

Its probably more people than you think, WL, CNI, and optotronics lasers are more expensive but they probably will stay in spec and stable longer than a cheaper laser will. You get what you pay for, there is no exception.

Its probably more people than you think, WL, CNI, and optotronics lasers are more expensive but they probably will stay in spec and stable longer than a cheaper laser will. You get what you pay for, there is no exception.

Exactly:D
Most of the cheap china lasers are always underspec, have poor divergence, and are rather unstable. You always get what you pay for, no matter what.
My 'good'(not DIY) lasers are from CNI and IMO totally worth the money, as I said before, its all in what you want. And me and others here want the high quality lasers that you find from various companies listed above, they wont let you down, and outperform the cheaper competition. But thats because we are into lasers, hardcore, love them. The other people here arent devoted to the hobby dont really care about the specs or the quality, they just want a bright beam to play with, and pay next to nothing for it.
Your rayfoss laser may be up to spec now, but check it in a few months after using it alot, and hows the divergence treating you?

EDIT: The green lasers section here proves our point, there are two seperate threads on here that are recent about their 200mW green rayfoss laser breaking, and another about one thats underspec and wont light matches, CNI lasers dont give you these problems, and in the very rare case they do, CNI will pay to ship it back for repair or replacement in the first 30 days, and a 6month warranty after that...

Last edited:
Exactly:D
Most of the cheap china lasers are always underspec, have poor divergence, and are rather unstable. You always get what you pay for, no matter what.
My 'good'(not DIY) lasers are from CNI and IMO totally worth the money, as I said before, its all in what you want. And me and others here want the high quality lasers that you find from various companies listed above, they wont let you down, and outperform the cheaper competition. But thats because we are into lasers, hardcore, love them. The other people here arent devoted to the hobby dont really care about the specs or the quality, they just want a bright beam to play with, and pay next to nothing for it.
Your rayfoss laser may be up to spec now, but check it in a few months after using it alot, and hows the divergence treating you?

EDIT: The green lasers section here proves our point, there are two seperate threads on here that are recent about their 200mW green rayfoss laser breaking, and another about one thats underspec and wont light matches, CNI lasers dont give you these problems, and in the very rare case they do, CNI will pay to ship it back for repair or replacement in the first 30 days, and a 6month warranty after that...

it's been 8 months, and it's just like day one