Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should smurftacular be temp banned?

Should smurftacular be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://laserpointerforums.com/members/smurftacular/

I dont know about you guys, but this kids gets on my nerves, and seems a little immature to be on this forum.

Last edited:

Re: Should smurftacular be banned?

I've noticed the same thing. Not sure if it's quite enough to be banned, but I do agree with you, completely.

Rob

I wondered when this would pop up. LOL. Took a bit longer than I expected though.

I think his negative feedback is enough to warn other members about him. I don't think he needs to be banned.

I think he should leave. The police helicopter incident is just... AARRGGGH! And then make gifs treating the whole event like some kind of joke??

Come on guys, we have seen worst. We gave Tyler way too many chances. Doesn't smurf deserve one as well?

It's important to draw the distinction between "lasers" and "forums".

Yes, he did a stupid thing with lasers and if we had our say we would ban him from "lasers", but of course we can't do that.

But I have yet to see good reason why he should be banned from "forums". A bit immature and making some stupid posts, but certainly no threat to greater forum life (granted this could change). If he sticks around maybe he'll learn something about proper laser etiquette.

It's important to draw the distinction between "lasers" and "forums".

Yes, he did a stupid thing with lasers and if we had our say we would ban him from "lasers", but of course we can't do that.

But I have yet to see good reason why he should be banned from "forums". A bit immature and making some stupid posts, but certainly no threat to greater forum life (granted this could change). If he sticks around maybe he'll learn something about proper laser etiquette.

Plus he didn't point the laser at the helicopter. His friends did.

As much as I'd like him to be gone, there's no real reason to throw him out of here yet.

I'm with niko on this one. If the only reason we have to ban him is an untactful story about some friends of his doing something illegal (which might not even be true at all) I don't think that's enough.

I'm with niko on this one. If the only reason we have to ban him is an untactful story about some friends of his doing something illegal (which might not even be true at all) I don't think that's enough.

For me is not the only reason, just the last. He swears, and acts like a 12 year old. Hopefully he'll see this poll and wake up.

Tyler (as much as I hate his guts) contributed a service. He was a nice guy till things started coming out about how he really was. Smurf is an immature kid who needs to learn a lot about forum educate. I dont think he should be permabanned, but a 2 week vacation might wake him up some. It woked for me LOL.

roosl

I may still be too much a noob myself to be chiming in, but I think no on a ban.

I agree the Smurf seems immature, and should have just kept the whole helicopter thing quiet. As well, early on he indicated that another member here was part of that. So, if the helicopter incident is a factor, the Smurf shouldn't be singled out here.

It's definitely important for him to think before posting, and to see this thread.
twocents.gif

2 week ban-felonies are not jokes-he should have stopped his friends -if that is really the case. He probably provided the laser in question or at least he admitted being the one who 'turned them on' to greenpointers.--hak