Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should I buy a wicked laser Krypton 750mw +?

funny-gifs-nope.gif

AnthoT

Wicked lasers has wicked prices also :p ( wicked expensive )

Marki

had a look at the sites, the prices are muh better than WL! Though the host or mw isnt as high. Is it that difficult to offer close to 1W power for greens? Would someone on the forum be able to custom make one for cheaper?

had a look at the sites, the prices are muh better than WL! Though the host or mw isnt as high. Is it that difficult to offer close to 1W power for greens? Would someone on the forum be able to custom make one for cheaper?

Remember that WL may offer a "1W Green Laser", but the actual power output will be about 800mW, which those sites offer listed at their actual power for much less. On a side note, after (or preferably before) you purchase any laser over 5mW, you MUST have protective goggles to protect your eyes. No amount of caution can guarantee your eyes safety, so invest in them while you have a head start with the money you DIDN'T spend on WL.

But what about the question on #20, what would you guys recommend as to a high powered green? I see lazerer.com has a 500mw green that seems to be pretty good for a good price, but how can you get something in the 800mw-1watt range in green that is way less expensive than the $1000 asking price of wicked lasers? I know dragonlasers.com is very reliable but the price is pretty high for a laser that doesn't even reach nearly the power that is desired. Please comment, I am extremely interested in buying a very high powered green laser. I just wish survivallaser.com sold green, but that is just wishing...

Honestly you won't even be able to tell the difference between 700mW and 1000mW. Check out warnlaser.com

DJNY

I could har sworn I read a good post about them not long ago, but I could be mistaken. OP, you checked out this sale? Strong and cheap for the product http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-ft-700mw-sky-532nm-slight-underspec-price-drop-74122.html 680mW green for around $500.

Yeah I saw that posting. But I also saw this online: 532nm 1000mW Green Laser Pointer (Black) with key Free shipping Via DHL
which is basically the same exact model except 1000mw and also only $400. And then I saw this online too:
Dazzler series PL-E 532NM Green Lasers - Cooling & Code Switch
The thing about this last laser is that it is 700mw, which is still pretty powerful, but around $800. And I am guessing both of these are way better than the WL Krypton. But the thing about ecrater's laser is I am not sure how reliable ecrater is to do business with and if the output is as they claim. I have read good postings about jetlasers though.

How about you go with lasever.com? I can buy a 2W greenie there for about $1200. (lab style, portables only go up to 800mW rated. Estimated price of 800mW portable 532nm green - $600 shipped)

by the way, DON'T order what you posted above. if you want to order from jetlasers check out the group buy we have.

Last edited:
Hey imho I have to rep for laser glow. They have extraordinary customer service, and you get what you pay for. Sturdy lasers and they test the laser and send the readings with the laser. It is worth the price if you're in the aries range. Hercules...not so sure but worth looking.

Last edited:

MojoLA

Sigh, I went through the same "Wicked Lasers? You dare even CONSIDER buying from that scum??" And then you are brow beaten into submission and made to feel about as welcome as dog poo on your shoe if you don't immediately agree.

In any case, since I became a laser fan about a year and a half ago, I have bought a number of low and high power lasers from some of the alternate companies suggested, home made builds from users here and, yes, the 1W Arctic from WL.

Yes, it took forever to get it. They were not prepares to deal with the huge influx of orders that thing got.

But since I received it, it's worked flawlessley. And I use it A LOT. I feed my laser lumia show with it and I have it running almost every night for 4 or 5 hours, constantly on until the battery dies (about 1.5 to 2 hours), so I go through 2 or 3 battery changes per night.

And the laser still works perfectly. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you that's a hell of a workout for a laser. While you're at it, ask how many other 1w (or close to it) hand held lasers are out there that can handle that sort of duty cycle and you're not likely to get many answers.

And most people here will begrudgingly admit it's also still one of the coolest hosts for a laser at any price.

So why all the hate for WL? I think its mostly from (well deserved) past behavior. But if you have your eye on a WL product I'd say treat it like any other product you're thinking of buying - do the research, read reviews and see what people who OWN THE PRODUCT have to say about it ( you'd be amazed how many WL haters have never owned or even ordered one).

Then decide what to buy! Also keep in mind WL are easy to get ahold of and offer money back guarantees, some other things hard to find.

And now I will be called a shill for WL because I had something nice to say about them.

Well, ALMOST... Yes, the laser still works great, but the threads for the battery cap have gotten worn and I can no longer close the compartment (And can't use the laser unless I hold it closed).

So I am now about to embark on my first journey through WL customer support. If they take the laser back and fix the problem free of charge, I'll have a hard time understanding why anyone STILL hates them so much...

So I am now about to embark on my first journey through WL customer support. If they take the laser back and fix the problem free of charge, I'll have a hard time understanding why anyone STILL hates them so much...

So why all the hate for WL? I think its mostly from (well deserved) past behavior.

You asked, and answered your own question...

I don't like WL, having both ordered their products, and owned them.

I just think there are better options out there, that don't have a history rife with problems.

Last edited:
I think a big reason for hating wicked lasers is because the arctic is way underpowered, and WL "used" to have terrible customer service. I know now they are way better, but if you really want a bad ass laser that is much brighter and less costly than the arctic, go to Survival Laser Home and you can purchase the 1watt blue, that will not only be brighter than the arctic, but will also arrive at your door step in about 3-4 days and you also get the satisfaction on building it yourself. I recommend getting the deal that lpf member: Garoq has on his thread, just pm him and you can get the 1watt blue for $139, but I recommend the extension tube and also the copper heatsink and copper diode. The only problem I have with survivallaser is they only have blue, red, and violet, and I really want a green one. It may be years till the price of the green diodes go down in price and maybe then they will finally sell them. This is why I was interested in the krypton, but the price is way too high and I don't feel like waiting almost a month to get it.