Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should canned posts be allowed?

Should canned messages be permitted on LPF?

• Yes

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

daguin

No I don't feel any shame in having my banner in my sig as the open lpm project is good for the community and doesn't benefit me directly at all. Where as jerry's banner only benefits him and it 's shameless when he only posts anymore to welcome people and to chime in on lpm treads which he doesn't even really do anymore since that whole laserbee thread that called him out.

But I'm done talking about this as it has no relevance to the poll/tread!

See what I mean?
You have no shame (you are shameless) about your advertising because it is for an open source good cause and you don't make anything off of it

Jerry's advertising is "shameless" (he has no shame) because he makes a profit from it and posts it a lot

So you have "shameless advertising" and it is good
Jerry has "shameless advertising" and it is bad

Peace,
dave

I'm as guilty of this as anyone...

426463_531842013548542_307409718_n.jpg

Besides the pre-paid ads, are cold's ads sold based on impressions, or click-through? I thought the latter as most advertising seems to have moved that way from the wayward times of the early 2000s.

In the beginning of this thread it was made "clear" it wasn't about Jerry. Now it has fully evolved to be about him. Is he not a paying advertiser here? He should be allowed to advertise then. If people are using ad blockers, what they complaining about. As for the purpose of advertising, I think we all know it is to get your message out to as many people as possible. I say let it be. I have spoken =p lol.

Michael.

@BB - Most companies now work on a ppc basis, with no regard for impressions. I'm sure there are still arrangements for impressions, and simply placement as well though.

I have to agree, what difference dose it make if an add is on the left or on the right it's still an add and a message that some want to see.

I don't see what all the commotion is about if you don't like something tune it out, crap lets try and be a little more thick skinned about this,
I mean REALLY, come on you want to argue about add's and where they are placed :thinking:

Maybe some one needs to get out more and away from the typewriter/computer :crackup:

In the beginning of this thread it was made "clear" it wasn't about Jerry. Now it has fully evolved to be about him. Is he not a paying advertiser here? He should be allowed to advertise then. If people are using ad blockers, what they complaining about. As for the purpose of advertising, I think we all know it is to get your message out to as many people as possible. I say let it be. I have spoken =p lol.

Michael.

Last edited:
As IE said the banner I'm posting on my own free will and I have nothing to gain from it, and maybe if you hit the link you will notice it takes you to the openLPM project and not a store front or anything like that. As you may not know but I designed this banner also just did one for Mohgasm.com and am planning on possible offering it as a service to other members.

If I understand correctly Moh is offering compensation for
the that Banner... I would say you are gaining something....
Will you be offering all your banner designs for FREE...:thinking:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/mohgasm-com-banner-needed-20-gift-certificate-reward-81069.html

No I don't feel any shame in having my banner in my sig as the open lpm project is good for the community and doesn't benefit me directly at all. Where as (J)erry's banner only benefits him and it 's shameless when he only posts anymore to welcome people and to chime in on lpm t(h)reads which he doesn't even really do anymore since that whole (L)aserbee thread that called him out.

But I'm done talking about this as it has no relevance to the poll/tread!

First let me say that Names start with Capitols....
I thought I'd correct that for you...:beer:

All I've heard on this thread is reference to my name and
(allowed by the Admin) PAID FOR ADVERTISING.....
Why would I be ashamed to advertise my company's LPM
products:thinking: That makes no sense at all.
You really haven't thought this one out...

It seems to me that you are only reading the Welcome
section since you seem to think I only post on that section
of the Forum...:whistle:

As to chiming in on LPM threads.... Duh.... that's the business
I'm in. If I can help the Forum community by posting relevant
LPM info I will definitely do that whether you approve or not..

So you now admit that this POLL was posted to call me out
but no one else...

BTW.... it was obvious from the get go. This POLL was opened
the same day that ARG was arguing with me on this Thread...

http://laserpointerforums.com/f37/hi-here-cherry-china-80794.html#post1161801

For him to white wash the members here to say that this Thread
is not about me just questions his credibility....IMO

In business we need to remember the bottom line whether it is
Open Source or not... It is still competition...
So I question the motives of this Poll.....:undecided:

Jerry

Last edited:
How many times have we seen this. A new meter hits the forum people go after the Laserbee products Jerry defends his products, like anyone would, then folks get all butt hurt.

This thread should be shut down... sticky it for future reference. I can't wait for the new diode to come around so we can be all warm and fuzzy, {-----that was sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.