Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

Re: Laserprojector group buy # 4

I am interested in the 1.4w projector, PM sent

I dont see my reply about 12vdc a converter and the nice compact LK 3D
it works just fine out in my camper where i have a cig lighter 12v.
Its actually a cool combination of raw nature and the tech of a laser projector.

I have displayed mine on moss covered massive oaks and rocky cliffs-its not always necessary to have a flat and white surfaces to project onto.

I did some stuff using people as screens (with proper eye are of course)I had them wear those white paper Haz-Mat suits and they were dancing to the music and the abstracts and lumia was nice on them. For alow cost yet great efx buy cheap window sheers from thrift shops the bigger the better
I hung five of these about 5 feet apart and the laser goes thru and shows on every layer- gave a eerie 3D look and pics from many angles all have their own interesting effect . Huge skrims are used in many shows ofter rear-projected with the LKs you can mirror the image for rear projection- with QS you can aslo do this with the software. next I want to run the same exact images at the precises distances from the front and rear projected from behind. may look great or not- the fun is in experimenting.

P-man knows
he has the handheld vs PJ thing correct. Sending him QS asap so he can work with it at home- BEST WISHES Pete for a speedy recovery-
'
last little hak factoid'- while the number of pointer owners now doing mostly PJs is an unknown I feel confident in saying only a handfull of projector geeks now just do pointers. Its a ladder and evolution. And pointers are at the very bottom (not at all slamming our pointers, they did for many bring us here today especially the green pointer, they will always have a special place in my heart.)

if you have to ask ='why projectors?' its doubtful you will understand my answer.

TEXLEM II coming to HOUSTON- see PJs to die for!!

experience in person that AHA! moment..

see my lasers for sale in the JL GB thread posted today.

any member is Welcome to join Lone Star Laser Fans-sub after joining and get an email soon about TEXLEMII

Last edited:

Put me down as a tentative for the LK RGB5 plus QS bundle.

-c

Maybe put me on the list. I need to read this thread carefully to get all the details. my inverter has the same AC plug as a house would, including the ground.

I may even be interested in the LK PD2, depends.

IF you can only afford one-- by that i mean while i really enjoy my 3D its the LkPD that allows me artistic control- I have both - so If i am entertaining some friends the #D will run off to one side or on the ceiling while i control the PD with soft ware- you cann put up in 7 colors( MILLION COLORS W/ THE lkrgb5) anything you can type into your keyboard you can save it and drag it to a workspace and then with one ckick you an bring it back up lyrics to entire song-
as easy as copy paste- see an image you like- take any JPEG and use Quick Trace to make a laser outline- copy any logo-save it-- so many complete laser song free for private use and enjoy-

I think most should make their first PJ a LK PD2
then save for QS- hard to put a price on something so awesome-

btw QS used to cost a WHOLE LOT more- Pango has more expensive thanQS- like $2000 expensive- but many pros use QS-

One side note i need all to understand-a laser soft cant'tell' a analog PJ what to do if you are trying to run a TTL PJ- we can do six at a time but all would need to be analog or TTL- so if you buy the LK PD2 and then get ther LK RGB5 - sorry you rnot going to run boith on QS-at the SAME time- likewise with one color PJs vs 3 color- up to six if all are the same -
number of colors--

hope this helps

Pman

Unless you use another computer or you could control the TTL one with a DMX control board.
I do wonder though if it is possible (may sound stupid) to set the analog one up in the software as TTL and it would just control it with 7 colors? I mean I wonder what would happen if you first tried the analog on its own but told the software it was TTL. Wondering if it would just control it that way. If that works, then you could try connecting them both up as TTL and see what happens.
Never really know for sure unless someone tries it or someone already tried this and verifies the analog won't work as a TTL software choice.
I'm an out of the box thinker so can't help throwing this out there. Just maybe it would work but we need someone to try it for us.

For anyone thinking that 500W (more like 600W from what I've heard) PD-2 isn't powerful enough I would say it is much brighter than you think. This is no toy. I would be surprised if the sd unit looks much brighter in person side by side but hak will have to answer that question.
I put way too much fog in my basement the last time I was showing some people and it was still cutting through it pretty easily.
You MUST get a fog machine and try it that way. You see all the beams creating 3d imaging from projector to target. The PD-2 is especially cool with this because of the effects wheel as a normal projector cannot create so many lines at once.

How much for the LK PD2 without the software? can I buy the software later? I have some large expenses coming up, but once those are out of the way I am for sure interested. I'll eventually want the software, just wondering if there is GB pricing going on with it or if I could get it at the same price later. any other things that should be obtained with the LK PD2 that cost extra?

Pman

Have had my PD2 without the software since the last GB so yes you can get just the unit. I'll be getting QS probably by the end of next week:)

For anyone on the fence about this, you should just jump on over and order one of these projectors. They are absolutely amazing. I have two of the LK PD2's and QS, they are great starting projectors. I look forward to seeing the LKRGB5 1.4W ANALOG in person, based on the quality I have seen from the LK PD2's I can only imagine how nice the LKRGB5 will be.

To answer a Q about how bright the 320mW 3D is- i used the remote control to stop it when there was a brightest white dot-my Kenometer lite showed almost 50 mW- so under the worst conditions ie some pauses the laser while some one stands directly in the right ( wrong) place and stares into the laser- they could get eye injuries BUT that is a lot of IFs.

Those already wanting-- I have been doing my best to promote these three GBs and so have MANY super friends-- but so far the only one close to closing is the LK RGB 5.
it needs only 2 or 3 more- We may be allowed to combine the LK 3D with the LK PD and LK SD

Pman

I am saddened by Len's remark above as those of us who own one of these know that if you could just show it to other members they would easily sell themselves. Considering the $ thrown around here and the prices of the units there seems to be a large disconnect between them and handhelds.
I would kind of like to know the age of owners of projectors here vs. just handhelds. My bet is it is a significantly older crowd. The purpose isn't to burn or pop anything which to me doesn't matter as much as a nice beam anyways.
I didn't make the statement above to cause strife. Just an observation and how I personally feel or enjoy my own stuff;)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Hey Pman, glad to see you back, I hope you're feeling better! :)

I'll bet you are totally correct with that last statement; it would be interesting to see the age breakdown of those interested in projectors vs. handhelds.

I am 21 and I am interested in both. :beer:
Hey Pman, glad to see you back, I hope you're feeling better! :)

I'll bet you are totally correct with that last statement; it would be interesting to see the age breakdown of those interested in projectors vs. handhelds.

Pman

That's what I want to hear DrZ! :)

Tmack

Hey len. LK - 3D for me please.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Hi Hak,
Add me to the LK-3D list also!
I know that I'd love the PD-2, but being a total projector beginner, I'll start with slow and work up. :)

Pman

I actually feel a bit jealous of you guys getting the 3D. From the description I got from Len, this really sounds fantastic and is fully self contained (as in requires nothing to run such as software). It is not a 3 color unit but actually a 7 color (mixed with the 3 colors like the PD2) and uses real projector parts and is not some simple toy projector. This is the real deal and it sounds fantastic.
You get to control everything without the need for other expensive add ons. How can you beat Len's willingness to buy it back if you aren't satisfied.
Can't wait to see the report on these once the orders go in. Think it's a very wise decision to start off with one of these as it seems so accessible. There's more than enough power for this to be very impressive.