Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

SELEM is coming who is going

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date Start date
I might be able to pick up Sam if he wants - I might be carpooling with LTaudio, and if both are wanting to go there won't me as much room for stuff in the back, but it's an option.

I was hoping you would offer Alex. TY .

I sent Sam a longer request/invite via his Sam'sLaser FAQ site just a while ago- he will prolly get back to us on Tuesday or so. I am sure I can get you some gas funds to help with that expense. Adam says he has asked Sam before and approves of anything involving having Sam make it to SELEM. I will copypasta his reply in this thread. At least we have him considering it. I promised him that most anything he brought to sell will get sold & I hope the free shirt and spaghetti 'n meatball dinner may win him over---lol

I would be grateful to anyone who knows Sam personally if they can influence his decision.

I will be making every attempt I can, to make it to SELEM this year. Classes start up again on the 22nd, so it might be a long week after driving all that way.

Its getting closer!!!!! LOL

I'm bringing possibly 3 guests.

Last edited by a moderator:
The venue used for SELEM is perfect- but not cheap--Most of our 50$ pays for that and its time to pay. Any LPF members is welcome to attend, signing up to be a member at PL is not necessary. BTW unfortunetly SELEM is not suitable for children and all under 18 must be with an adult or see Adam for more info. All attending agree to sign a liability waiver. You may bring a guest.

51 Days may seem like a long way off but time has the way of speeding up, so... PLEASE send in your 50$ ASAP. Adam(buffo) does an extreme amount of work pulling these off, the money is needed to pay for the venue ---now.

thanks for your help on this. look on PL for the sign up Thread SELEM V. dont forget to include your shirt size and if wanting extra button collor knit shirts this needs to be paid for -and sizes wanted. They dont monogram extras.
They are $20 each.

hak

Last edited:
dont forget to include your shirt size and if wanting extra button collor knit shirts this needs to be paid for -and sizes wanted. They dont monogram extras.

Hey guys, just wanted to clarify something regarding the shirts. The shirts are free with SELEM registration, if you want an additional shirt, Adam has set the price at $20 per shirt. We plan on setting a cut off date around Aug 12th. So anyone who registers for SELEM or pays for an additional shirt prior to the cut off date will receive a fully embroidered, official SELEM shirt.

I also wanted to mention something about pointers as I saw a post above about us not liking pointers at SELEM. C'mon guys, who hasn't seen the Artist Cafe Helicopter take down video?! I don't know of anyone at SELEM that would object to folks bringing a vast pointer collection, it's more lasers! If it spits out coherent light, bring it! I'm not even bringing a projector or pangolin this year, I'm brining one thing, that is if CNI ever decides to ship my new pointer....

'dont forget to include your shirt size and if wanting EXTRA button collor knit shirts this needs to be paid for -and sizes wanted. They dont monogram extras.'

Hey guys, just wanted to clarify something regarding the shirts. The shirts are free with SELEM registration, if you want an additional shirt, Adam has set the price at $20 per shirt.

Thats^^ what I was trying to say-- I should have worded it differently--sry if that caused any confusion.
One shirt comes with every paid (In advance registration) you can still just come and pay at the door --still 50$.. but no FREE shirt.

Even if you are fairly sure of coming but cannot pay right now --it would be nice to PM Adam ( buffo) and let him know that-- asap.

about the pointers/handhelds--
i do know that some would not welcome stray beamage onto thier shows( I know I would not like that) and last year sombody was shining a 445 around outside the venue and i heard a few who were not liking that very much.

So do bring them but use your common sense.

I have room for one more rider (possibly two) in my wagon and also room in the suite at the HIE depending upon Dr.Sams descision.(for Thur/Fri and Sat nites) I want to depart central Texas Wed noonish. Leaving Newton Sun Evening.

I will be there and have (hopefully)a working RGB- a Texas-size Lumia set-up and my fav handhelds. I have a 12mW SL Argon 'plug and play' to sell there. ~$200 or best offer. Runs from 115vac. You may be able to get more out of it with a mod. Spec-Phys. 163 iirc. PM for more info if you are interested.

If you think you might like SELEM --go--- you will not be dissapointed.

UPDATE Edit- I just had a rider run into a problem going so I have room for one possibly two with gear(or not) leaving early Wed before the event and returning to Sun afternoon arriving in S.Central TX early Monday. contact me via Pm asap.

Last edited:
BUMP- lost A rider--so...

Our Car going to SELEM early Wed 8/17 needs one more body-- Best meet up spots will be Houston very early or Dallas FW before 11 am- ALSO able to pick up someone along the Route--I 30. Spots to stay are easy to get several are looking for roomies. if your funds are very tight ATM you could save $50 and come as a guest (no shirt) So you would need gas $$ and about 90$ for three nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Conover--PM me ASAP --PLEASE

another change== looking like no longer going thru DFW area but thru Houston instead-- room for more --PM me asap. or any point along I -10.

Last edited:
I'll be flying into Charlotte ~5pm and picking up a rental car

Who's excited?

Peace,
dave

willy_nilly.gif

That is all!

Last edited:
I'll be flying into Charlotte ~5pm and picking up a rental car

Who's excited?

Peace,
dave

I'm excited to meet you and possibly Aryntha.

on a side not can you bring me 2 LED lenses from the C@s!o projector.

Also do you still have your protera 488nm laser.

I'm excited to meet you and possibly Aryntha.

on a side not can you bring me 2 LED lenses from the C@s!o projector.

Also do you still have your protera 488nm laser.

You just want the lenses? :thinking:

I still have the Protera. It only does ~1mW ;)

I haven't taken the time yet to see if I could tune it up

Peace,
dave

Back