Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers TheJoker301 Does Not Tell the Truth to Customers or Uphold His Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My experience with SciFi lasers

That was in two threads, now I can't find it. If I remember right I think it was Vortish that said it was him who was going to work with Eitan for his U.S. distribution, but he backed out of it a few days ago when things went bad and said so in one of the threads. Maybe it was in the thread that was hidden I don't know, there are so many threads now that I can't keep up with them. It could be that Eitan was genuinely trying to solve the problem but he was just too late.

Alan

He may have wanted to work with second person here, in order to be able to send larger packages in batches. Shipping an EMS package for 20 lasers, and having them re-shipped in the US via priority would be much cheaper than 20 EMS shipments in the first place.

It's somewhat of a hassle to do for the the re-shipper, but the bigger issue is it would mean taking a risk on a batch shipment, and customer would need to be kept very up to date on expected delivery timelines.

I really can't see any other kind of arrangement working from a logistics standpoint.

OVNI

Re: Just bought three lasers from Sci-Fi

That Aspire laser looks great! .. Can you take a screenshot of the page and send it to me?

My school's firewall, for some reason, blocks all sites that are hosted in China. Also my VPN is blocked.

I made that Aspire and bought it locally for about $45. Here's the post which has links to other vape mods too. Note that the Aspire only works with one battery so you'll need to make sure the diode module you get from DTR's website runs on just one battery and doesn't need two. For example I wanted green (520nm) which normally needs two batteries but DTR custom made one to work off just one for no extra charge.

To use DTR's website, go to the diode section pick the color you want then scroll down to see the 22mm module option. Look for whether it'll work with just one 3.7V battery.

I saw your comment about affordability, not sure you'll be able to make this for $100. But you might not be far off.

EDIT: This red module "Opnext 120mW 638 22mm Module W/Driver & Three Element Glass Lens" (already works with one battery) plus buying the Aspire from Red's posted picture puts you in the $115 range shipped.

Last edited:

I made that Aspire and bought it locally for about $45. Here's the post which has links to other vape mods too. Note that the Aspire only works with one battery so you'll need to make sure the diode module you get from DTR's website runs on just one battery and doesn't need two. For example I wanted green (520nm) which normally needs two batteries but DTR custom made one to work off just one for no extra charge.

To use DTR's website, go to the diode section pick the color you want then scroll down to see the 22mm module option. Look for whether it'll work with just one 3.7V battery.

I saw your comment about affordability, not sure you'll be able to make this for $100. But you might not be far off.

EDIT: This red module "Opnext 120mW 638 22mm Module W/Driver & Three Element Glass Lens" (already works with one battery) plus buying the Aspire from Red's posted picture puts you in the $115 range shipped.

Oh, that's too bad. I already bought my batteries (2 16340s), and I don't feel like returning them. Going to buy a Sanwu challenger, prolly.

Maybe next time I'll go for the Aspire. That carbon grip is definitely classy.

OVNI

Oh, that's too bad. I already bought my batteries (2 16340s), and I don't feel like returning them. Going to buy a Sanwu challenger, prolly.

Those are nice. I may get one myself.

No need to return batteries, if you're like the rest of us then you will eventually need 3 or 4 or 5 different sizes of batteries. When I built my first laser I bought a 10 pack of 16340 and charger that just charges 16340, it was a bad idea.

Alan

ndMike

I made an order with big lasers a few days back. Are they a trusted company?

Re: Paypal claim active vs Sci-Fi Lasers

ndmike do not double post we will see the first one ok

Razako

They're not the most reputable in the world, but they'll at least get your order to you.

ndMike

Re: Paypal claim active vs Sci-Fi Lasers

I just opened a Paypal claim. If I don't get my money back by Wednesday, I'm going to escalate it to a dispute.

Wish me luck..

(Also if anyone wants to sell me a 1W 445 for a similar price, please PM me!)

ndmike do not double post we will see the first one ok

This I know dude,thought I had deleted it. Just an accident

Re: My experience with SciFi lasers

I hope no one is ordering anything, and if you have money with joker get it back asap.

Your supposed to ask that before you buy, be sure and let us know how it turns out, some businesses can improve and some can go downhill.

Alan

Re: Unhappy with Sci-Fi Lasers - NOT being resolved

I don't think anyone is getting anything, and for the record I have not contacted anyone at paypay or the Israeli foreign affairs, nobody at all.

I said it days ago when Joker was mad and threatening me that I would not do anything that could hurt the forum just to spite him, this is his "mr bad jokes" doing alone.

Well his lack of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.