Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu RGB review

BobMc

Snazzy looking! :drool:
Can’t wait, bet you can’t either. :)

That is great that it will take a 3X beam expander!!!

When I first saw you were doing a review on it a beam expander did cross my mind for a second but I thought prob not.

For its size, the Sanwu 3X Beam Expander is a great little Beam Expander that is very well constructed and looks great on just about any laser!

Last edited:
Great! I will be looking forward to your review in about a week. I am interested in how well the lasers are aligned and how well they match each other. Also wondering if one can realign one if it becomes misaligned.

If you have to send it back if it becomes misaligned? Oh man that would be a bad thing considering how long it takes for some to be shipped from them to the user?!?

Excellent!! Great little break from work to check this out. Appreciate the time/effort you put into this quality post. I think you nailed it.
Thanks, (Arctic)Dude!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice review AD, as you said, a great little laser for close and mid range distances.

It's too bad it wasn't aligned as well as your opt RGB laser, but it's probably going to vary with individual units depending on there initial alignment, and care taken with shipping.

Is there any idea on the cost yet?

Thanks for sharing! :beer:

Excellent!! Great little break from work to check this out. Appreciate the time/effort you put into this quality post. I think you nailed it.
Thanks, (Arctic)Dude!

Nice review AD, as you said, a great little laser for close and mid range distances.

It's too bad it wasn't aligned as well as your opt RGB laser, but it's probably going to vary with individual units depending on there initial alignment, and care taken with shipping.

Is there any idea on the cost yet?

Thanks for sharing! :beer:

Don't know the price tag yet, but I want to remind that alignmet in Sanwu is good. Here's a good example of cheap RGB units out there:

This is dot shot of my el'Cheapo RGB unit on 50 meters, red "dot" is 30cm diamer

P1100745.jpg

Same distance with Sanwu RGB

_1270870.jpg
​

Very good and comprehensive review, Tero. I knew you would do a good job with this. Considering the likely price, I will stick to the RGB unit I have and others I'm sure I will get. :thanks:

Gazen

Nice review, I’ve been looking forward to it. More beamshots please!

Did you confirm the modulation is PWM instead of analog?
That's a major bummer to me.

BobMc

Nice first thoughts Arctic, nice pictures. I received mine today also. Your right that is a nice tight dot of white. I tried both the 18650 extension and the shorter tube. With the shorter tube it certainly is almost a pocket laser, sweet, easy to carry. Sanwu mentioned that there is a 6month warranty on the beam alignment(s). If something gets out of alignment within the first 6months they will re-align for free. I ran mine for over 2 minutes with no over heating. I haven’t had a chance to throw some night beans yet, hopefully tonight if it’s a quite night. But inside I’m really impressed with how “white” the beam is. Can’t say about how they diverge at a distance. Hopefully tonight I get a chance to throw a white beam into the night sky. It is diffidently the quality of a Sanwu laser. The adjustment rings are butter smooth. Enjoy your RGB, I know I’m going to enjoy mine. :)

I LPM’d mine and got;

Red= 154.654
Blue= 179.993
Green= 156.595
White= 456.448

Have you tried the BE on yours yet?
I did and it’s a definitely something I’d like to try at night. With the BE you can dial in the dot a bit more. Nice tight(er) “white” dot.

Last edited:
Is the price a secret ?

Are these a custom order deal for now ?

How did yours compare to Arctics tester as for alignment I wonder, maybe you can post some pics ?

Last edited:

Encap

Is the price a secret ?

Are these a custom order deal for now ?

How did yours compare to Arctics tester as for alignment I wonder, maybe you can post some pics ?

Apparently :crackup:

My guess is limited production, requiring extra careful hand work and assembly, + expert fine tuning and tweaking, expensive.

My guess is probably something like $799 + shipping w/o a beam expander is my guesstimate perhaps more--doubt it is less.

Articdude,
Fabulous! Very nice photography too. + rep!
I'm surprised they used stainless steel-they use Copper-Nickel Alloy for the Challenger 2-seems like that might have better heat sink qualities than steel. It it really pretty to look at.

Last edited: