Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu RGB review

849.95 would be about 470 pounds of new copper colored/coated zinc pennies.

Yes I am interested to see it and know what the output is, the duty cycle, the beam quality.......from what I saw the beams look good and mixing looked good too, I wonder if the RGB diodes and/or RGB engine might be for sale separate ?

That reminds me of the 1943 zinc coated steel pennies that were released during WW II in a response to save copper for the war effort. Now that was a cheap penny to make. I used to have some of them many years ago, but back then they weren't worth much. I wonder if they are worth anything today? Maybe scarcity has made them rare and has boosted their value. IDK.

I have some 1943 steel pennies, I read they are worth 45 cents each to as much as 10 dollars if perfect and someone really wants it.

I noticed the round rings in the spot during the sanwu video, if they are aligned that well that will be nice, there's a lot of angles to examine it and see, I assume all 3 lasers would need to have the same size beam and same divergence, if so then the alignment needs to be perfect and that will be interesting to see, I also wonder how robust they are, if you drop it on the ground is that a fatal mistake ? I'm not suggesting he throw it on the ground, just wondering ?

I will be happy when there's a RGB module for 50 bucks that's ready to use, even if it's not perfect ;)

Last edited:
I got a 300 mW RGB laser with driver for $46.00 from LaserLand awhile back. It is small and enclosed plus it is actively cooled. They now have one that is all direct diodes for <$53.00. Mine uses a 532nm DPSS laser for green. I believe the new one is all single mode diodes. and it is laid out more like the OPT Lasers one, but it is open like theirs too.

Well unit is on its way, it had to be sent in two pieces just in case and to make sure it will come through. -Since my last order from Sanwu was sent back by our customs due some taxing unclarity..

It will take a bit longer time to arrive.. :wave:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That's good, better to be safe than sorry and have an even longer wait. It's good that your customs sends items back rather than confiscating them. :yh:

BobMc

Thanks for the update Arctic. As Bowtie said “better save than sorry” it would be a shame to lose the unit. Still got my finger on the :drool: button:

I was going to say this has taken an extremely long time to get to you. But, I don't really know how fast you get stuff from China where you live, Tero. For me, it is 15 days from the shipping date.

I hear this laser might have a slow start feature, you push the button and wait 90 days :D

I hear this laser might have a slow start feature, you push the button and wait 90 days :D

RGB Head should arrive in few days, it has arrived to airport and I'm waiting it's delivery.. -Need to wait battery tube too ;)

Last edited:
Let's hope the battery tube doesn't get lost in shipping. I did get an out loud laugh at Robert's slow start comment. That was pretty good. Still looking forward to seeing one of these in someone's hand from here.

BTW, I did get my NDG7475 today, just 10 days from the day I paid for it. I want to assume that it has the same pinout as every other TO-5 diode, but if someone could confirm that, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
They are all the same. NDB, NDG, NUBM, NUGM

I have a NDG7475 and NUGM and they are both the same as NUBM44, 06, 05, 08 ect....

Thanks, Robert. I was fairly certain they are, but it is better to have confirmation.

Ok guys!
RGB unit head is finally arrived..

Long delivery time was caused from my end, and it has nothing to do with Sanwu..
Packet came from HK to Finland just in 3 days, rest of the time I've been struggling with Finnish Customs and postal service!

It's mind warming to receive package and see how EXTREMELY WELL it was packed!
-Like a Russian Matryoshka doll!

First impressions of RGB Unit head was:
It's Superb High quality build / finishing and it's unbelievable small sized..

Also it was nice to recognize that RGB unit will accept Sanwu 3x BE without any adapter..

Looking forward to receive rest of the parts for doing the final review! :drool:

HI-RES Images via Click :p

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Looking good, AD, when do you expect the other half? :yh: