Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Lasers - Offical thread

thu1

I ordered a sanwu pocket laser at on 9/28 and I'm starting to get the feeling I won't get it soon or even at all, especially after reading other people's experiences in the past couple months :/
you might get yours pretty soon. My order arrived yesterday and the order was placed on 9/23.

Last edited:

bulukaki

Regarding missing batteries -- Sanwu often ship the batteries separately for easier customs clearance. Seems like airport security and customs around the world do not like loose Lithium batteries.

Podo

Sharing my experience here.
My order arrived yesterday. Apparently they forgot to put in the two 18650 batteries.($30) Sent sanwu an email to communicate with no reply so far.
Hi,

Batteries are usually sent separately to avoid problem in customs or air-transportation, we have sent you the tracking number of your batteries.

-Francis

Podo

you might get yours pretty soon. My order arrived yesterday and the order was placed on 9/23.
Hi Jonny,

If you have selected first class shipping in your order, your order will be sent to our warehouse in New York first before we are able to send it to USPS and send you the tracking number. This usually takes about 20 days including the lead time of the lasers. Before the COVID19 pandemic, we were able to send tracking number to our customers about 10 days in average because the orders would be send to China Post directly. (This does not applies to priority or expedited DHL & Fedex shipping).

-Francis

thu1

Hi,

Batteries are usually sent separately to avoid problem in customs or air-transportation, we have sent you the tracking number of your batteries.

-Francis

Thank you Francis, I updated my previous post to reflect the reality. Nice laser btw

Starpointer

Hi, Does the Sanwu 304 green (532 nm) have an IR filter on it?

Edit: I’ve emailed Sanwu but haven’t heard a response so I’ve decided to ask here. Thx

Edit2: They responded: "[304] does not comes with IR filters but the IR output is less than 5mW"

Last edited:

Jonny 717

Just got my laser today. Shipping was kind of aggravating but at the end of the day it was definitely worth it. Build quality is very impressive. I know batteries are shipped separately, now I'm just wondering when I will get those?

shhhsh
'FREE' batteries are likely to be worth what you paid..nothing.
Most China companies hardly ever add free batts that are high quality.
2) send batts with a laser is like sending bullets with a gun AND doing this w/ the batts/bullets installed--very bad idea.
3) messgs day after day will prolly NOT make your laser arrive sooner. YOU will just make it seem longer & longer to you.

Sanwu needs to read all messgs sent-- so if 20 buyers do that--c'mon --that looks childish to me.
China is not down the street--it is FAR FAR AWAY. The is a pandemic-( & that may NOT help them to ship any faster?)

LAST where ever you are ...do you have holidays? (no location in your profile so we must just guess) In china they have very FEW--but the ones they do celebrate are many many days.
Nothing gets done til AFTER the holiday--look the holidays up and do not expect much if you pay at the 'wrong' time.
I send stuff no closer than 10+ days BEFORE .. and btw one of the big ones just ended.

The people who work where are are buying do NOT make a lot of money-
and dealing with a lots of unhappy buyers must be a big PITA.
They do not own cars. (very few) they ride the train to work-- some ride 1 or 2 hours each way.
Thier appartments are about the size of mommy's walk-in closet.
Vets here NEVER buy batts & lasers together-- There are good sellers of quality batts and they do not sell lasers. Some are in China some elsewhere.
READ the reviews on this.. search some of the words you are using.

MYB this sheds some light--

Two bulls ( one old the other young)
They are on a hilltop and see some cows below.
The young bull sez: " Lets run down there and have our way with some of those cows?'
the old bull:
''what?
..... lets WALK down there and have our way with ALL those cows?"

if you want personal service buy from a member HERE.
Batts
eye protection and every part for DIY a laser can be gotten HERE at LPF.

Buy used from a vet member. .
(btw unless you have access to a meter you are only making wild guesses about output.
IF we knew where you live (country is close enough) we may live close enought to meet and get every laser you have metered and graphed ---free

please try to not 'double post'
If post #6 is yours and so is post #7--just edit them into one post.
ITs not a 'rule' BUT IS the way it has been here longer than I have been a member.

A line had to be drawn in the sand and that line is ONE post.

if two are OKay--why not 3 or 4 or 7? (yes we had a brand new member who make 7 posts in a row --most just minutes apart).. that is like Messg. a seller 5 days in a row--?

Sanwu has been a great source for a long time--any problems now are new.

Podo is a great member and is with Sanwu for a long time.

best wishes
hak ( the OLD bull)

ps
I live 45 minutes from AixiZLaser in south houston-- Dr Chuck mailed me a check on (date was stamped on the envelope) it took 8 days to get to me. I did call on day 5 --learned nothing new. 'check was in the mail' --- really it was 'in the mail'

C"MON BIDEN!!
'

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
ITs not a 'rule' BUT IS the way it has been here longer than I have been a member.

if two are OKay--why not 3 or 4 or 7? (yes we had a brand new member who make 7 posts in a row --most just minutes apart).. that is like Messg. a seller 5 days in a row--?
I don't understand this. I see everyone double post and often. Even you.

Jonny 717

shhhsh
'FREE' batteries are likely to be worth what you paid..nothing.
Most China companies hardly ever add free batts that are high quality.
2) send batts with a laser is like sending bullets with a gun AND doing this w/ the batts/bullets installed--very bad idea.
3) messgs day after day will prolly NOT make your laser arrive sooner. YOU will just make it seem longer & longer to you.

Sanwu needs to read all messgs sent-- so if 20 buyers do that--c'mon --that looks childish to me.
China is not down the street--it is FAR FAR AWAY. The is a pandemic-( & that may NOT help them to ship any faster?)

LAST where ever you are ...do you have holidays? (no location in your profile so we must just guess) In china they have very FEW--but the ones they do celebrate are many many days.
Nothing gets done til AFTER the holiday--look the holidays up and do not expect much if you pay at the 'wrong' time.
I send stuff no closer than 10+ days BEFORE .. and btw one of the big ones just ended.

The people who work where are are buying do NOT make a lot of money-
and dealing with a lots of unhappy buyers must be a big PITA.
They do not own cars. (very few) they ride the train to work-- some ride 1 or 2 hours each way.
Thier appartments are about the size of mommy's walk-in closet.
Vets here NEVER buy batts & lasers together-- There are good sellers of quality batts and they do not sell lasers. Some are in China some elsewhere.
READ the reviews on this.. search some of the words you are using.

MYB this sheds some light--

Two bulls ( one old the other young)
They are on a hilltop and see some cows below.
The young bull sez: " Lets run down there and have our way with some of those cows?'
the old bull:
''what?
..... lets WALK down there and have our way with ALL those cows?"

if you want personal service buy from a member HERE.
Batts
eye protection and every part for DIY a laser can be gotten HERE at LPF.

Buy used from a vet member. .
(btw unless you have access to a meter you are only making wild guesses about output.
IF we knew where you live (country is close enough) we may live close enought to meet and get every laser you have metered and graphed ---free

Sanwu has been a great source for a long time--any problems now are new.

Podo is a great member and is with Sanwu for a long time.

best wishes
hak ( the OLD bull)

ps
I live 45 minutes from AixiZLaser in south houston-- Dr Chuck mailed me a check on (date was stamped on the envelope) it took 8 days to get to me. I did call on day 5 --learned nothing new. 'check was in the mail' --- really it was 'in the mail'

C"MON BIDEN!!
'

I'm going to assume you are talking about me

1. The batteries are not free. I don't understand why you would have the impression they are. I don't like paying for products and just not getting them (I've already written that money off as a loss)

2. I never double posted. And to be honest I can't find an instance where anyone else posted on this thread "day after day" like you claim.

3. The only reason I posted here is because I DON'T want to clog up sanwu's messages when it's possible for someone else who's had the same experience

Maybe if you got off your high horse you could have answered a few peoples questions instead of rambling about something I don't see happening.

C"MON TRUMP

Photon Master

Huge Sanwu laser fan here! Decided to carry my pocket series green around today

Question to Sanwu... would you every consider building an LEP laser powered white flashlight, similar to the Acebeam W30?

Alternatively, some sort of lens that you screw on to the end of your blue lasers with the phosphor to create the white beam

my W30 is definitely cool but I doubt the laser in it compares in power to yours!

Dwight2112

I ordered my first Sanwu Challenger on 10/30 and received it today in the US, 11/11. Now I've just ordered a beam expander for it and decided to get a pocket laser as well.

I'm struggling a bit with the multi function. With lots of practice, I can now somewhat reliably switch between low and medium power but I'm still not very good at hitting the other modes. However the real problem is that sometimes the laser simply does not come on at all.

From off, I'll do a full click and I get no output. If I then do another full click, presumably switching it back off, followed by a third full click, it might come on. It's very inconsistent. I've also had the output activate after a several second delay. I first thought it was just operator error but I'm now starting to worry that there is a problem with the laser.

I'm hoping that someone who has some experience/expertise with the multi function switch could render an opinion.

Thank you.

Photon Master

Have you tried other battery types? The beam expander is amazing. I use one on my 1.2 watt green Guardian and it’s amazing how tight it keeps the beam over long distances. Kind of weird how they call it an expander though huh? :)