Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

CAREFUL------Watch out on the newer 32650 batteries. Many of them are now 3.2v not 3.7v.

Only place I have found 32650 batteries that are decent, are the Feilongs on Ebay. Which I use in my jayrob flashlight.

IMHO, stay away from the Trustfire brand. Although I haven't tried their 32650, all the other ones I've owned in the past have been subpar and I've owned a lot of them.

There is also an IMR 32650 that just showed up on Ebay, I haven't tried.
A big thank you to Icecruncher and Lifetime for your advice. I noticed the 3.2V on many 32650 batteries and wondered about it but didn't know what to think. Your info will steer me in a different direction now. Great info. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi,
Ok the mag light host im offering holds 2X32650's OR 2X26650's with a reducing sleeve. If you want to choose the 32650's get the Fielong as stated in another post. I use them as they are the best we have at 3.7v per.
Rich:)

LT17, about your custom primary heatsinks, are they one piece (front piece for diode and lens) or two piece (front piece and back piece)? Thank you.

That was my first plan but now I prefer to put the heatsink inside the tube - if I can of course, to make the whole thing smaller, shorter and less bulky although I'd lose some heatsink mass with this design. I just don't know about using metal tape as an air gap filler. Or maybe if I don't run it too hot I don't need to worry about the 25mm to 26.3mm fit-up? Is a difference of 1.3mm considered a loose fit for a laser heat sink? I don't know.

Your heat sink will literally become a "heat sink" if you bury it inside where it cannot easily dissipate the heat out to the hair. Moot if your run time isn't too long, but if you want to run it longer, finding a way to couple that heat from the copper out into the aluminium body will help a lot.

The use of aluminum metal tape, or copper for that matter, seems dubious as a way to transfer heat to me, better to use a close fitting coupling with a lot of surface touching together between materials.

ok, thank you Alaskan. I will consider the pros/cons you mentioned.
FT17: About your really nice heat sinks: Which host were these meant for? Thank you.

1603053952325.png

Last edited:
Hi,
These were machined for a custom host to were they were interchangeable with three different diodes .
Rich:)

MurphyMurph

Bump🤙
FOR SALE.. 80.00
Here is a trans blue powder coated Mag Light , for a DTR 12mm copper module. This host is prewired with 22AWG silicon wire, And the tailcap has been machined out so the spring sits low for easy battery installation. Also has a custom focus adapter, the heat sink is massive for cooling of the heat transfer of the diode. Has cooling fins grooved in the sink as well.
It also hods 2X32650 or 2x26650 batteries and includes a reducing tube for the 26650.s
Thank You Rich:)
Love this host Rich! I spent a fair amount of time this year learning the lathe to try to recreate one of these jayrob / jayzeerer builds. Really wish I would have seen this one first! :confused: Great job!!

Rich do you have anything that works with the nubm044 and the 6x lenses from the group buy?

Looking to have something to tame the beast - lab or handheld

Last edited:
Hello LT17,

Your complete hosts always look great - love the pictures you post here.

Is your work dedicated only to complete hosts or do you also do machine work on individual parts (heatsink, head, tailcap, battery tube, etc.) sent to you by forum members?

If only complete hosts, are the hosts only your own designs or do you also fabricate according to the forum member's design?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer our questions.

Last edited:
I'm still using that sink with optics shelf Rich made me a while back, that's all you really need is a sink with a shelf in the front and if you want to use a bean expander an exit centered the same.

I use a lock to hold my G2 focus and I cheat the final alignment out of the lens thread slack using my lock ( drilled out and tapped through module end or thumb ring ) to hold the alignment and adding a few drops of UV curing glue for good measure.

You can also use an adjustable mount like this that Trin made......yes I know there's a lot of unused space, it will hold a 2nd laser and cube later.
Thank you for the pics, always nice to have again - I appreciate that. Locking the aixiz lens like that is great idea.

I had seen something in the past with a couple steel rulers and an enclosure also, sticks in the back of my head. Just trying to get ideas, I just picked up a 10x expander that this would be perfect with- but could end up being the length of a cane instead of flashlight sized. :)