Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Round One 445nm diode group buy.

Re: CHEAP 445nm diode group buy feeler.

They are *believed* to be up to 500mW per diode. For safety's sake I'd guess 150mW should be a good figure to state as guaranteed output.

daguin

How about if I just buy one of these so we don't have to wait for the GB to fill?

Peace,
dave

Besides that folks, at this price, I can see testing and pushing until we all know what they can be pushed to without harming the diode.

"It's a moral imperative"
real-genius.jpg

even if these were just 50mw that would still be good beats 405 any day, much better than 473 in terms of price and small size for a compact scanner.
I think i am in love, i was sad to think my mini scanner was going to have to expand for the 473nm laser but this solves my problems.
Dave: Please do i would be wiling to pay a bit extra just for you to kill one of them so we know what to do and what not to do.

Wow, that does sounds interesting! Now that DLP projector must have similar diodes for the green and red portion of the image? I was wondering if this would be a possibility of acquiring a red, green and blue diode in the same deal? That would be even more interesting, especially those who are working on a RGB/RGV project! What's the time frame to jump into that GB?
- Robert

Looks like Jayrob is going to have some experimenting to do with different optics so that he can get us a 445-G-1 lens to take care of the multimode beam. I am really looking forward to seeing these diodes in person. They should be beautiful.

ill take 2, just a question tho that is if theres enough know about these diodes - is a flexdrive or rckstr driver good enough to run these? im not much of a diy driver guy :p and i dont wanna kill it by giving it to much voltage for example.

daguin

OK.. sounds good to me Dave..

Done.

It should be here on the 8th.

I had to order from outside California to avoid the 10% state tax ;)

Let's keep collecting names here. People on the list here will get priority. After I satisfy the people on the list here, then I''ll offer them to the rest of the forum. I am going to want some, so we may have to cut it off at some point (or think about another one).

Peace,
dave

+1 for me i cant wait to hear how these go!

Count me in for 3 Dave if that is possible thanks!

Wow, that does sounds interesting! Now that DLP projector must have similar diodes for the green and red portion of the image? I was wondering if this would be a possibility of acquiring a red, green and blue diode in the same deal? That would be even more interesting, especially those who are working on a RGB/RGV project! What's the time frame to jump into that GB?
- Robert

The projector has blue lasers, red LEDs, and a green phosphor wheel. So the blue lasers are the only lasers in it, the green is produced from phosphors using the blue lasers to fluoresce them.

Quisp

Interested in one here...:cool:

Asherz

Put me down for 1, I may go upto 2 later on.

This an amazing deal, so much progress on these diodes so quickly. I still can't believe they put 24!? In that projector!

These are a lot brighter/visible than violet correct? and slightly more bluey (if that's a word) in colour?

How long do you think until we can see these posted out?

Cheers Elektro.