Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Robert gionis !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well your answers were well thought out, and I DID like what I read at that moment, now the pressure is on, and truer colors are starting to emerge.

I especially like this part.......

liar.jpg

That was after you asked about them! I dont really want to sell anything online it is a headache with creating ads, shipping and Paypal can be untimely depending on the buyer! I would sell one to just about anybody if they come asking!

I have nothing to hide and no reason to lie! The ONLY reason I joined this forum was to be able to ask questions from knowledgable people! And to learn! Not to try to sell lasers to guys that can make thier own!

I did advertise these on one website just to see how they would do! the ad has had alot of views if I ever get caught up I will put ten there for sale! I really don't want to but my GF is forcing me! HAHA really she is pushing me!

Ask yourself what are the odds the ONLY LDs that did not work for me where from the bargain bin! Live and learn I guess!

@ EF and PBD...
I hear you... If you are using a Lab Quality Bench supply there is
no problem...

But the majority of members here will see this and buy a $50-$150
cheap Chinese bench supply and will blow Laser Diodes left and right...
without knowing why...

I bought one of those cheap supplies ($130.00)... The Voltage and
current control pots are single turn and erratic..
It is so easy to overshoot the Voltage and current you want to set
to... I will not put a Laser Diode on that piece of crap... It's great
to power LD Drivers thought...

In all LD destruction safety... I wouldn't suggest to the members to
use a Non Lab quality Bench Supply as a direct LD driver...

Just my
2c.gif

Jerry

Exactly what I was trying to say, sorry I wasn't more clear. That a bench supply by itself is ok IF you know it can be trusted, and it's easy to test with an o-scope to make sure you can trust it.

Glad we're all on the same page. :beer:

No.... but you can stop the KipKay AA Batteries Driver is OK BS...
IT IS NOT OK.... and the more knowledgeable members here will
never agree to the use of raw batteries as a constant current source...

Jerry
(5700-271-24725)

Are you kidding you spent $30.00 for two 'AA" cells I've never heard of a "AA" cell costing this much :tinfoil: you know if you save up your money for say 13.3 purcheses of your expensive battries you could buy a nice current & voltage regulated power supply like this one ;)
21od1c.jpg

Well I guess you don't know everything then do you? Here is the batteries I bought!
Tadiran TL-5903 3.6V/2200mAh Lithium "AA" Battery
Tadiran TL-5903 3.6V/2200mAh Lithium "AA" Battery - RadioShack.com

And your power supply wouldn't fit into a flashlight, sorry!

He appears to suffer from both punctuation and spelling deficiencies. I THINK he was saying that he spent $30 on two sleds/diodes

Although I grant it is difficult enough to read what he writes to understand the confusion.

:thinking:Hmmmmmm:thinking:

Peace,
dave

No you just cant read! Where is anything close to me stating $30 for any sleds! Yeah its so hard to read what I have wrote! Maybe your just that stupid! Here is the listing for the batteries that you guys never heard of!

Tadiran TL-5903 3.6V/2200mAh Lithium "AA" Battery
Tadiran TL-5903 3.6V/2200mAh Lithium "AA" Battery - RadioShack.com

Challenge me on anything! Everything I have said is 100% the truth!
And if your looking for LOCs dont buy from greg!

You are repeating your self.... already said in your Post #29...

Hey... if you want... I have a company... and can sell you Brand New 3.6v
AA lithium cells for $100.00 USD each... then you can tell us you got a
bargain on the RS cells...

The Sled Issue has already been resolved.... Don't you read in the Threads you Post...:thinking:

And
please-490.gif
stop double and triple posting before someone gets pi$$ed off...

Jerry

Last edited:
That was after you asked about them! I dont really want to sell anything online it is a headache with creating ads, shipping and Paypal can be untimely depending on the buyer! I would sell one to just about anybody if they come asking!

I have nothing to hide and no reason to lie! The ONLY reason I joined this forum was to be able to ask questions from knowledgable people! And to learn! Not to try to sell lasers to guys that can make thier own!

I did advertise these on one website just to see how they would do! the ad has had alot of views if I ever get caught up I will put ten there for sale! I really don't want to but my GF is forcing me! HAHA really she is pushing me!

Ask yourself what are the odds the ONLY LDs that did not work for me where from the bargain bin! Live and learn I guess!

Once again, I call bullshit,,,,, forums log everything that is said in chronological order. that nose just grew another inch.

the second post you ever made on this forum, BEFORE I asked you anything.

bullshit.gif

Last edited:
OK, we're fast approaching the "this threads so messed up no one knows which way is which" point. I say we give Ronnie here the benefit of the doubt.. IMO, the most likely scenario is that he's just learned a couple lessons the hard way and probably got a little upset about the situation. It happens to the best of us..

And Ronnie: No refunds or exchanges on laser diodes. If you just accept that, you'll incur far less wrath from the people who supply them.

Well said EF... I agree... we're going nowhere with this Thread..
It has all been said...

Jerry

OK, we're fast approaching the "this threads so messed up no one knows which way is which" point. I say we give Ronnie here the benefit of the doubt.. IMO, the most likely scenario is that he's just learned a couple lessons the hard way and probably got a little upset about the situation. It happens to the best of us..

And Ronnie: No refunds or exchanges on laser diodes. If you just accept that, you'll incur far less wrath from the people who supply them.

The lesson learned was BE CAREFULL WHO YOU BUY FROM! This wouldn't be the first time a "deal" actually cost me more in the end! Buying LDs is very risky bussiness! This thread should have never been posted in the first place and it has been going nowhere since the start! And for the record I only tested his LDs AFTER the first installed one failed to operate! I used a rkcstr driver set to 420 mA using two 3.7v 900maH rechargables I leave the disharge function operable on my test load and also "discharged" the driver before connection! It is possible that I REALLY did get bad LDs and I do appreciate your suggestion to give me TBOTD!
I know you don't agree with me but you handle it in a civil manner!

I have done alot of reading at Sams there is a ton of usefull information there!
I suggest to anybody buying LDs at the moment to avoid Stonetek!!!
Modwerks and Lasersurplus are quality reputable bussinesses and 100% of LDs purchased from them have performed beyond my expectations! Modwerks also shipped my last two orders the VERY NEXT DAY! That is above and beyond what anybody could hope for from a supplier! He also double checked my order before it went out(checkmarks next to the items on the packing list!) He has a great deal on really nice battery chargers right now! I bought five with batteries and they work GREAT!!!! Lasersurplus also has a fast turnaround on orders too!

Last edited:
No.... but you can stop the KipKay AA Batteries Driver is OK BS...
IT IS NOT OK.... and the more knowledgeable members here will
never agree to the use of raw batteries as a constant current source...

Jerry
(5700-271-24725)

LMFAO!!! Do you even read anything? They are not raw batteries and they are very low powered akalines way below anything you are picturing! If generic drug store batteries have all this power why then does nobody here use them in thier lasers?
I used that rig when I first started playing with lasers just to check diodes I was scrounging out old drives laying around! Now I just hook up a preset discharged driver after mounting in a housing!
How do you power your portable lasers?
I use two 3.7v 900maH AA regulated through the rkcstrV3! I tried many combos and that is the best setup for me so far!

The lesson learned was BE CAREFULL WHO YOU BUY FROM!!

The first rule of buying lasers: (and I've said it a million times before) Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware.

Stonetek has a stirling reputation here, for the record. I am doubtful that Greg was interested in ripping you off. It's not how he conducts business. I would recommend him to anyone. I've bought diodes from him with no trouble whatsoever. Even so, he's not out of line refusing a refund/exchange on LDs. That's all I'll say about him since I'm not interested in taking sides on this.

Once again, I call bullshit,,,,, forums log everything that is said in chronological order. that nose just grew another inch.

the second post you ever made on this forum, BEFORE I asked you anything.

bullshit.gif

I told you in that thread and again in this one why I offered to sell ONE to a guy that was asking!

I set the current, but i assembled the laser and It's not working people. You can I send it too to fix/build it. I think I've fucked it..

Please let me know if you know someone that can do it free or cheap..

Thank you.

That is not a plan! That is reading about a driver your using and then offering somebody wanting to buy a laser a chance too! Anybody can go to that thread and see that was a response to tommii89!

Status
Not open for further replies.