Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB laser on ebay for 9 bucks??

What does Trucker mean in your sentence :thinking:

PayPal has always been there for me as a
buyer or seller. They have not washed their
hand with my concerns.

Jerry

crook . Sorry Jerry but the google translator Sometimes does not translate to duty! Good for you with Paypal !

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I wonder if it's legit this time. Anyone want to take the plunge. :crackup:

BobMc

Yeah... me too.
I opened a refund request yesterday and the seller
has until June 13/17 to respond (which he won't/can't
since he is "no longer registered").
I'll be able to escalate to a Claim on June 13/17 and
the refund WILL happen 24-48 hours later.

Jerry

Yea, same here, I can ask for a refund in the 12th. Should be no problem getting our money back, it was a long shot with the sale, but had to try?. :)

diachi

Did the "Contact Seller" thing too, just a short wait and then I'll also have a refund. Didn't think it'd ever show up but doesn't hurt to try! :p

I have been biting my tongue on this but it's true, feeding the thieves just comes back around in higher fees for buyers and less buyer protection in the long run, yes I posted the ridiculous add as did others and I said it was 99.9% a scam, and I did not order any of it, I suppose we should just report these things and not help advertise for the crooks because in the long run it hurts us.

Yes I know, it's trivial, but what if you get cheated on a 895.00 ACOG and you have a dozen little BS claims, it would sure stink to get turned down when it counts for past playing with the systems good faith.

Reactions: GSS
I went ahead yesterday and asked for refund- I will hear back on Sat.

here is one more for$9.99
Plug&Play 400mW RGB White Laser Light Module/532nm+650nm+450nm/TTL Modulation | eBay

so far it looks like the work of another scammer--new pics-
whenever I see the same pics--red flag- this/that scammer does not have EVEN one to take pics.

...I doubt that bringing this to the attention of eekbay will do anything.. coz-- what if the item is for real??

.. do we demand proof (of life) a pic of several 'units' with the ebay username and the date... newspaper etc??..... I just do not understand going with such a low low price-- many more would buy if the price was like...a little more >half the competition.-- right?

enough wasted time on this---bye

Last edited:
Finally received refund but only after a courtesy email from ebay asking if I had heard back from the seller regarding my complaint, requiring me to ask them to step in and help. To start the process you must email the seller, but his account was closed, so why do that? Asking me to send an email to a dead/deleted account complaining I didn't receive my purchase? Doesn't make sense, but had to jump through that hoop anyway. My guess is some individuals send in a complaint but then don't catch the courtesy email from ebay that they must ask them to help to get a refund and they loose their money, ebay slightly more profitable!

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-12%20at%202.47.17%20PM.png

Last edited:

BobMc

Yea, got my refund this morning also. It works out I loaned somebody $8.99 for a couple of months with no interest. It was a long shot, but had to try. Knowing how much I paid for this one, 400mW micro RGB laser module - Opt Lasers it was a shot in the dark. :tinfoil:

Last edited:
Yea, got my refund this morning also. It works out I loaned somebody $8.99 for a couple of months with no interest. It was a long shot, but had to try. Knowing how much I paid for this one, 400mW micro RGB laser module - Opt Lasers it was a shot in the dark. :tinfoil:

I got my refund also.

I have bought an RGB or two off ebay from China which were well below $100 and although the alignment isn't great, they are a fun little toy for Lumia and such.

I think, I paid $60 for a 300mw or so, back a while.

But the one you linked to is probably dead on accurate both with alignment and power rating. :)

Last edited:
I didn't have a dog in this fight, but I got an a email from PayPal yesterday showing changes to their policies. Among these are a fee to take money out of your PP account and put it in your bank account. There were other changes as well. Policy changes to take place in July.

Last edited:

BobMc

I got my refund also.

I have bought an RGB or two off ebay from China which were well below $100 and although the alignment isn't great, they are a fun little toy for Lumia and such.

I think, I paid $60 for a 300mw or so, back a while.

But the one you linked to is probably dead on accurate both with alignment and power rating. :)

Looks like you made some good buys there. How do you like them?

The one I bought it's going a build like ArcticDude's http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/arctic-s-open-source-rgb-laser-host-99595.html :) gotta give that man a great shout-out for making it and open source host. :thanks: ArcticDude!
Got all the parts paid for and the host is in the air on the way to the States. So looking forward to completing the build. Going to be one beauty of a laser! :)

I didn't have a dog in this fight, but I got an a email from PayPal yesterday showing changes to their policies. Among these are a fee to take money out of your PP account and put it in your bank account. There were other changes as well. Policy changes to take place in July.

Got the same message from PayPal myself Paul, just never had a chance to read it though. In time. :)

Do you guys know how much that fee is going to be? I bet that will impact just about all prices on online stuff...