Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Reke 500RGB (laserius projectorus-cheapus)

Re: Reke 500RGB

Hehe it happens :p

I dunno what a beam show it would make but the actual show is something to see.
I think you could put better galvos in without tooooo much trouble... I am not ready to spend another $200 on galvos right now though..

There are pots for the lasers inside you could try playing with to get more red...
Half a watt is good for a home projector I think it's a tad too bright personally but still good.

He might take a day or two to ship it he did for mine... Sounds like you have a lot on your plate anyway...

Hi everyone,
Thanks guyfromhe for a great review. I had already purchased the 500RGB from Dino and while getting inpatient for delivery found this review.

I have a question for anyone with one. How do I get DMX mode to work. I suspect my unit may be faulty. I set DIP switches 1 and 10 to on, just like to manual and presume this is either address zero or one. I try to control the laser with these two switches on and I get nothing. This controller does work on the rest of my fixtures. I then tried switching DIP 2 on thinking this may be for address one and still nothing.

Has anyone got DMX working and was it simple. I found your txt file and although the channel list is fantastic I can't even get it to switch on in DMX mode.

PLEASE HELP..
Michael

It's probably not faulty.. I had that problem for a few minutes too...
Dip 1 and 10 sets it to DMX mode channel 1. When you are transmitting DMX the red LED should be blinking if it's getting a signal...
If that's happening try this:
Channel 1 = 255
Channel 2 = 10
Channel 3 = 46

Let me know if you get something.

Thanks for your advice. At least it helped me know it was definitelty on address one.

No luck though. I tried DIP 1 and 10 on and transmitted on address one. The pass through worked as my PAR on address one responded, but nothing from the laser, even with your channel settings. It does not even switch on. Strangelly when I pull the DMX cord partly out it can cycle through patterns very quickly. Also tried a different cable and address 17. Sounds like it may be faulty if you got your's running within minutes. No I have to decide if I try to repair it as sending it back in the post will be a pain.

Thanks for your advice. At least it helped me know it was definitelty on address one.

No luck though. I tried DIP 1 and 10 on and transmitted on address one. The pass through worked as my PAR on address one responded, but nothing from the laser, even with your channel settings. It does not even switch on. Strangelly when I pull the DMX cord partly out it can cycle through patterns very quickly. Also tried a different cable and address 17. Sounds like it may be faulty if you got your's running within minutes. No I have to decide if I try to repair it as sending it back in the post will be a pain.

Make sure the DIPs are securely switched into the ON mode, they can be hard to switch by hand.. If something happens when you unplug the cable there's probably hope still...

Does the DMX LED flash at all?

its 50% off atm
300mw 650nm Red 50mW 532nm Green 150mW 450nm Blue Laser RGB Full Color Animation Laser Light DJ Equipment Auto Sound DMX512 ILDA PC Master Slave Stage Laser Light Projector Reke-500RGB - DinoDirect.com
For only 18 hours so whos going to buy some if you were on the fence get in now.
if you use the coupon
SHARKCOUPON
it gets you 10% off plus free shipping i doubt shipping will be free but the projector is only.
US$ 224.09 before shipping
with all discounts.
there appears to be no shipping charges.
i am in the paypal checkout right now

Last edited:

I tried it, I don't get free shipping with that code... If you get it for $224 that's a steal...
I paid $275 for mine (with shipping) and then $15 tax when it got here...

The price looks the same as it always was (it's ALWAYS been 50% off) we all found coupon codes on the net for 10-15% off their listed price... but no one got free shipping... Most of us paid under $300 for the unit.

I paid just over $311 with shipping for mine...I'd sure like to know where you guys are finding these deals... ;) {JK!!! I already purchased so it would not do me a lick of good any more! :)}

Last edited:

I paid just over $311 with shipping for mine...I'd sure like to know where you guys are finding these deals... ;) {JK!!! I already purchased so it would not do me a lick of good any more! :)}

We all just looked on the internets.

Cool! just noticed my review is sticked :) that's pretty sweet :p
Anyway I made another video.. I totally love this show... The projector actually preforms slightly better than my camera can capture on this video... I had my scan speed set to 15kpps for this and it turned out quite well.. Even being a fairly complex show it runs pretty nice on this unit.

I have no idea who made this show but it's extremely well made and I demand anyone who gets a DAC watches this.

Also awesome song :p

LtKp: hows your DAC coming?

Nice vid Guyfromhe! It just shows once again there'a a lot that can be done with this projector and I agree with you how the complexity doesn't seem to affect the overall performance too much. I would love to get my Reke to do graphics like that, but at the expense of looking stupid I must confess that I am pretty oblivious on the advanced use of laser projectors. Specifically with finding the right DAC card and the IDLA connection to my laptop. I bought this extremely affordable projector because of its price and your review, not because I know how to customize laser shows.

I do plan on searching and reading up more on making customized graphics with this projector sometime soon though. If there's any suggestable links out there aside what's in this thread on doing this, any schooling is always appreciated :beer:

Nice vid Guyfromhe! It just shows once again there'a a lot that can be done with this projector and I agree with you how the complexity doesn't seem to affect the overall performance too much. I would love to get my Reke to do graphics like that, but at the expense of looking stupid I must confess that I am pretty oblivious on the advanced use of laser projectors. Specifically with finding the right DAC card and the IDLA connection to my laptop. I bought this extremely affordable projector because of its price and your review, not because I know how to customize laser shows.

I do plan on searching and reading up more on making customized graphics with this projector sometime soon though. If there's any suggestable links out there aside what's in this thread on doing this, any schooling is always appreciated :beer:

I've been through so much reading I really can't say any specific place to go, check out PL and their show forums they have a lot of good info, even here on the show forums...

The DAC concept as a whole/general is fairly simple... Either go with the Ryia light DAC or contact 300Evil on PL for an AudioLase (completely assembled if you don't want to solder and learn what parts go where) then other than a cable modification (for this projector) it's basically plug and play... You will need to grab Spaghetti or similar software as well to play / create the shows. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them.

You can start out by checking out the Spaghetti demo... There is a very large learning curve but after a few weeks it's easy :)

I've been through so much reading I really can't say any specific place to go, check out PL and their show forums they have a lot of good info, even here on the show forums...

Yeah I thouht about joining PL to get more info about this, but I understand those guys aren't too fond of LPFers like myself for all the negative attention powerful handheld laser 'misuse' has brought to this hobby in the last year or so :thinking:

The DAC concept as a whole/general is fairly simple... Either go with the Ryia light DAC or contact 300Evil on PL for an AudioLase (completely assembled if you don't want to solder and learn what parts go where) then other than a cable modification (for this projector) it's basically plug and play... You will need to grab Spaghetti or similar software as well to play / create the shows. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them.

I have no problem soldering or building anything like this, it's the schooling on 'how to' that I lack with customizing projectors ;)

You can start out by checking out the Spaghetti demo... There is a very large learning curve but after a few weeks it's easy :)

Nice, thanks again for the suggestions. Looks like my next step here is to get on PL, take the noob hazing and abuse and then start digging for info!
digging.gif

EDIT: ...just joined PL and I can already see another forum addiction that I won't have enough time for following on a daily basis :crackup:

Last edited:

Thanks to the USPS my DAC is collecting dust. I ordered the parts to make an adapter to close the interlink at the projector's ILDA port over the holiday weekend. The parts were shipped on Tuesday but the USPS in their infinite wisdom instead of directly shipping from San Francisco to me were in western Iowa decided to ship them via Providence, Rhode Island. I'm also waiting for the silicon wire I ordered from Moh to arrive so I can build it. Since I came down with a case of the plague I doubt I'd have built it anyhow. Oh well I have a 4 day weekend this week so I foresee some quality (ha. yeah right) time with my soldering iron this weekend. Then I can get a copy of Spaghetti and check out your show. Looks pretty cool from the demo version.

Although I also foresee being distracted by a case of the "oooo shiney!"-ies when something else I ordered arrives early next week too. ;)

Yeah I thouht about joining PL to get more info about this, but I understand those guys aren't too fond of LPFers like myself for all the negative attention powerful handheld laser 'misuse' has brought to this hobby in the last year or so :thinking:

I have no problem soldering or building anything like this, it's the schooling on 'how to' that I lack with customizing projectors ;)

Nice, thanks again for the suggestions. Looks like my next step here is to get on PL, take the noob hazing and abuse and then start digging for info!
digging.gif

EDIT: ...just joined PL and I can already see another forum addiction that I won't have enough time for following on a daily basis :crackup:

PL isn't that bad if you don't make a big stink about LPf...
If you can build the circuit order a kit from Adam and put it together and you should be good to go.. There's not much to customize...

I don't really have time for PL at the moment myself otherwise I would spend more time there..

LTkp: sucks... Usually Cana post fucks me around for weeks on end....

PL isn't that bad if you don't make a big stink about LPf... If you can build the circuit order a kit from Adam and put it together and you should be good to go.. There's not much to customize...

Awesome, thanks again for all your information and help! I wouldn't know how to make a stink over there about LPF though, I'm generally not a stinkmaker unless I've eaten something like taco bell twice in one day :beer:

Last edited: