Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Review: Reke 500RGB (laserius projectorus-cheapus)

LtKernelPanic

Re: Reke 500RGB

Thanks. That makes sense. I owe you a big +1 for all the info in this thread.

Guyfromhe

Thanks. That makes sense. I owe you a big +1 for all the info in this thread.
Heh thanks :)

I am _STILL_ fighting with my DAC... If you get it be prepared for a long painful battle...

Hopefully something I will have learned will help you out...

So far I have had A LOT of issues with pins... (wrong place, loose, bent, etc) You probably won't have that trouble...

Guyfromhe

Guys, I FINALLY got my DAC working... Check out the OP I added 3 new ILDA videos and a review of the ILDA functions of this unit.

Gary is a great guy, I am sure if you have any issues with your VM he will help you out.

Last edited:

Guyfromhe

It's totally on the FTP...

It's got a stupid name... It's a wicked awesome show and should be named properly...
You can find it in the "LA-frames" directory where all the other ILDA files are stored.

I think you need a 30k projector to run it decently... I had mine cranked to 20k to get a stable enough picture to video which is why most of the square boxes are oval :p

Anyway yeah go download it now and watch it, it's impressive.

EDIT: that Enya song is like PERFECT for it methinks.

Last edited:

ARG

Whoa, I skipped right over that one because of the stupid name, amazing show. Which Enya song did you use? Caribbean Blue?

Guyfromhe

Whoa, I skipped right over that one because of the stupid name, amazing show. Which Enya song did you use? Caribbean Blue?
I don't know why he wouldn't have named it something decent... I think it's the coolest file on the whole FTP server as far as I can tell.

I used Enya - Flora's Secret as the BGM... It seems slow paced and nature-y the way the show is..

EDIT: those two songs are very similar eh? I can't wait till I have some free time to actually play with this puppy now that I got it working!

Last edited:

ARG

I don't know why he wouldn't have named it something decent... I think it's the coolest file on the whole FTP server as far as I can tell.

I used Enya - Flora's Secret as the BGM... It seems slow paced and nature-y the way the show is..

EDIT: those two songs are very similar eh? I can't wait till I have some free time to actually play with this puppy now that I got it working!
Wow, that song completely suits the show, I need to finish up my projector, it's currently lying in pieces on my table :p Spaghetti interface probably doesn't do this show justice.

Guyfromhe

Wow, that song completely suits the show, I need to finish up my projector, it's currently lying in pieces on my table :p Spaghetti interface probably doesn't do this show justice.
Wow dude yeah get to it! *CRACKWHIP* I wanna do a scratch build but I'm already in over my wallet at the moment :p

And yes the interface view doesn't do it justice... Even on my crap projector it's 200 times better than looking at it on a PC screen.

I can't imagine seeing it IRL on a real analog 30+ scanner projector I'd probably be doing this -> :drool:

ARG

I wanna do a scratch build but I'm already in over my wallet at the moment :p
Yeah, make sure you have a large chunk of change set aside before doing a scratch build, I jumped into this (foolishly) thinking it would cost me under 1000$... So far it's cost me 1600$ and I haven't even bought the red laser yet (probably another 800$ :eg:)

Guyfromhe

Yeah, make sure you have a large chunk of change set aside before doing a scratch build, I jumped into this (foolishly) thinking it would cost me under 1000$... So far it's cost me 1600$ and I haven't even bought the red laser yet (probably another 800$ :eg:)
Holy crappers! I was under the impression it would take like $900-$1500 for a build... Yikes..

Gotta be a super fancy unit for that kinda coin though...

ARG

Well, I did go the more expensive route with the galvo's DT-30's instead of the PT's (everyone on PL told me PT's break to easily)

Lasers are a 300mW 532nm Analog, and a Prism corrected DIY 445nm.

But that price was also with DAC and software, which you already have, so 900$-1500$ is very realistic.

Also, i'm making a lot of costly mistakes since this is my first projector, :p but you will have the advantage of having a projector to look at for reference.

Guyfromhe

Well, I did go the more expensive route with the galvo's DT-30's instead of the PT's (everyone on PL told me PT's break to easily)

Lasers are a 300mW 532nm Analog, and a Prism corrected DIY 445nm.

But that price was also with DAC and software, which you already have, so 900$-1500$ is very realistic.

Also, i'm making a lot of costly mistakes since this is my first projector, :p but you will have the advantage of having a projector to look at for reference.
Probably not going to invest another grand... I'm already in it for about 500 bucks which I don't figure is too bad considering where I'm actually at now...

Wow 300 mW of green... That's gunna be a bright Mofo... I think mine comes in around 400 or so actual total output and it's pretty free kin bright...

LtKernelPanic

Ok how the hell I missed that I dunno. I swear I looked in every directory there. Watching it in Spaghetti it looks like it'd make a helluva beam show too. Really tempted to crack this thing open and see if you can somehow put better galvos in it because for me half a watt is great for in home use although I'd like to up the red a bit.

Those vids look good. I got a reply from Adam last night and PP'd him earlier today. He said he had one all ready to ship so hopefully he can get it mailed off tomorrow I may get it by Saturday which would be great. I know he's busy so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Oh well I need to replace a zombie diode in one build and try to figure out how I'm going to power three of my four gas lasers and display them along with 8 other lasers to finally get my rainbow pictures so I'll have plenty to do this weekend if it doesn't arrive.