Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the new 15W LPM from LPS....

Hi,
@encap and red,
Really no kidding if this is true well it’s a sad day. With no upgrade stated on the issues
Rich:)

Rich

Hi,
Im sure you won't see any improvement any time soon due to the time it takes to reconstruct and fix the flaws. So i will be patient and see what the near future brings in this case. Lets be positive and give it some time hey who knows we might be surprised to see the improved version. Keep you fingers crossed ..

Of course not fixed they were back in stock and for sale yesterday.
Just shows Tommy's true colors and that he could care less as he has indicated several times in this thread.
I just saw that he has them for sale again as
well.
There is no way that he fixed his Broadband
and Max Power issues in two days.
He is STILL claiming it can handle a 15Watt
Laser...

For the giggles I put 3pc in my cart and no
go. So I put 1pc in my cart and it added it.
Then I went and added another one to the
cart and it did not go in.

He has only one (1) unit for sale. I feel sorry
for the unsuspecting customer that buys it.

It took us months to find and test our coatings.
We finally found a 10W coating this summer but
have not done the broadband tests yet. That
will require a new higher power setup that we
still need to build.

Unless he contacts Coherent or Ophir to buy
one of their Sensors there is no way he will find
a 15W coating... If it was doable we'd already
have found it.

I'm not holding my breath....:beer:

Hi,
Im sure you won't see any improvement any time soon due to the time it takes to reconstruct and fix the flaws. So i will be patient and see what the near future brings in this case. Lets be positive and give it some time hey who knows we might be surprised to see the improved version. Keep you fingers crossed ..

Rich
Exactly.......

Yeah... I'll be surprised...:whistle: ;)

Jerry

Last edited:

Encap

Hi,
@encap and red,
Really no kidding if this is true well it’s a sad day. With no upgrade stated on the issues
Rich

Exactly---if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, chances are it is a duck

Hi,
Lets be positive and give it some time hey who knows we might be surprised to see the improved version. Keep you fingers crossed ..

I think the only difference between the current one and an improved one will be the smell.
Whoever made the current one either has no idea of what they were doing or didn't care or both.

Until them let's pass out the tinfoil hats, keep fingers crossed, and imagine a better world. :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Exactly.......

Yeah... I'll be surprised...:whistle: ;)

Jerry

Exactly -- maybe he will discover a new law of physics with that Pocket LPM. :crackup:

Jerry ,
how true is that , it will take some time ..

The possibility of a new law of physics, a new technology, a complete redesign by someone who knows what they are doing, and much higher price nothwithstanding, yes, will take some time.

Until then: "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame of me" applies

Last edited:
I should have written tarnishes their reputation further...

Wow more marketing BS....

He only had 3 units and one is not yet delivered...
Rich is a customer and I am a customer and both
of us are not satisfied... (The coating burns at 4W)

So that makes 2 out of two that actually received
the "LPM" and I'm sure Rich is not satisfied and
neither am I. That would be 100% of clients are
not satisfied..

How can he honestly say "most of our clients are
satisfied"

You know... if this was a Laser review and he stated
a Max output of 15W and it only did 3-4Watts the
community would be up in arms over the BS...

Can't wait to get my hands on the Next Generation
New and Improved LPM for testing.

Jerry

Last edited:
It must be some very crappy coating he is using.

I made up a 2 inch square plate to use as a dummy target. Painted it with 1200 Deg C black engine paint. No doubt its not linear but i have pointed a highly focused 8 watt 445nm at it and didnt leave a mark on it.

It must be some very crappy coating he is using.

I made up a 2 inch square plate to use as a dummy target. Painted it with 1200 Deg C black engine paint. No doubt its not linear but i have pointed a highly focused 8 watt 445nm at it and didnt leave a mark on it.
That's similar to what we use on our Aluminum
Beam Stops in the shop at a point where the
Laser's Beam starts to open up and is no longer
focused.

Jerry

All this things teach us some lesson.
Here is my opinion and also note to myself & other who sells measurement device *wink* *wink* ;) :D

(1)
Stating all the specification will not make my/our/your product becoming a professional product
but it should be mandatory to state all the fact and specification regarding the measurement device I/we/you sells to other people.

(2)
The specification said in #1 serves two purposes: to inform the buyer, what will they got AND to claim (or as a disclaimer) to whatever I/we/you sells.
For example if I/we/you were selling things with "about ±25% tolerance, sensor will smoke if laser is focused" mentioned,
then someone can't really protest if the sensor is smoked if he/she measures a focused laser IMO,
because it's already mentioned in specs, and customer should have agreed/acknowledge the specs when paying something.

(3)
It's better to sell cheap device but mentioned all the minus.
As for the LPM, this will let the buyer knows that the cheap LPM meant for "everyday approximation only" meter with so many limitation.

(4)
Stating "This is a sample. some place may not be perfect" is inadequate IMO,
should have been mentioned more detail about the minus or limitation.

(5)
As for coating, it took me about six month to find those carbon coating which has >480W/cm² damage threshold,
using no paint at all because all high temp paint i used is giving me a smoke lol.
Building LPM is rather easy, but making/finding the coating is not.

(6)
Calibrating can be easy, but it should be mentioned what's the reference sensor used, and which wavelength did the reference is calibrated to.
This serves just like a claim/disclaimer too. Because, you know, even those professional sensor don't have the spectral response for public.
Prove me wrong, but could you find the spectral absorbtivity for this particular Ophir product?: Ophir L30A-19mm-BNC.
I guess not ;) There is so many of Ophir model, they won't even bother to create all the graphs, or did they try to hide it from us?

(7)
IF the pocket LPM from LPS is sourced from some creator (and not built by LPS itself)
then the LPS should give some push to the creator to improve or to give more detailed specs
(or maybe some clarification/revision, e.g from 15W to 4W LPM).

(8)
I know that doing dropshipping can be this frustating, especially if the suppliers claims too much,
If the worst happen, the buyer (or LPF's community) can only blame the seller which is LPS, not the real supplier/creator of the LPM.
It's inevitable

(9)
I'm sorry to hear all this, to tommy as a distributor, also laserbee, Lifetime17, and other who already paid.
I hope that pocket LPM can be improved in future,
the community needs a cheap tools, but not a combination of cheap+crappy tools (no offense intended)

Additionally:
  1. If anything can go wrong, it will.
  2. If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the first one to go wrong.
  3. If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
  4. If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which something can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop.
  5. Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.
  6. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
  7. Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

[EDIT: added drama meawbin]
sticker.png

Sincerely, no offense intended,
Pradipta M.

Last edited:
All this things teach us some lesson.
Here is my opinion and also note to myself & other who sells measurement device *wink* *wink* ;) :D

(1)
Stating all the specification will not make my/our/your product becoming a professional product
but it should be mandatory to state all the fact and specification regarding the measurement device I/we/you sells to other people.

(2)
The specification said in #1 serves two purposes: to inform the buyer, what will they got AND to claim (or as a disclaimer) to whatever I/we/you sells.
For example if I/we/you were selling things with "about ±25% tolerance, sensor will smoke if laser is focused" mentioned,
then someone can't really protest if the sensor is smoked if he/she measures a focused laser IMO,
because it's already mentioned in specs, and customer should have agreed/acknowledge the specs when paying something.

(3)
It's better to sell cheap device but mentioned all the minus.
As for the LPM, this will let the buyer knows that the cheap LPM meant for "everyday approximation only" meter with so many limitation.

(4)
Stating "This is a sample. some place may not be perfect" is inadequate IMO,
should have been mentioned more detail about the minus or limitation.

(5)
As for coating, it took me about six month to find those carbon coating which has >480W/cm² damage threshold,
using no paint at all because all high temp paint i used is giving me a smoke lol.
Building LPM is rather easy, but making/finding the coating is not.

(6)
Calibrating can be easy, but it should be mentioned what's the reference sensor used, and which wavelength did the reference is calibrated to.
This serves just like a claim/disclaimer too. Because, you know, even those professional sensor don't have the spectral response for public.
Prove me wrong, but could you find the spectral absorbtivity for this particular Ophir product?: Ophir L30A-19mm-BNC.
I guess not ;) There is so many of Ophir model, they won't even bother to create all the graphs, or did they try to hide it from us?

(7)
IF the pocket LPM from LPS is sourced from some creator (and not built by LPS itself)
then the LPS should give some push to the creator to improve or to give more detailed specs
(or maybe some clarification/revision, e.g from 15W to 4W LPM).

(8)
I know that doing dropshipping can be this frustating, especially if the suppliers claims too much,
If the worst happen, the buyer (or LPF's community) can only blame the seller which is LPS, not the real supplier/creator of the LPM.
It's inevitable

(9)
I'm sorry to hear all this, to tommy as a distributor, also laserbee, Lifetime17, and other who already paid.
I hope that pocket LPM can be improved in future,
the community needs a cheap tools, but not a combination of cheap+crappy tools (no offense intended)

Additionally:
  1. If anything can go wrong, it will.
  2. If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the first one to go wrong.
  3. If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
  4. If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which something can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop.
  5. Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.
  6. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
  7. Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

[EDIT: added drama meawbin]
sticker.png

Sincerely, no offense intended,
Pradipta M.

Agreed... and common sense for anyone running
a business and selling a product.:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:

GSS

I think this thread will be one of the most interesting one's for Paul when he come's back;)
He had his surgery before this new pocket meter was even introduced:D

Last edited:

tommy

Here is some updates on the Pocket LPM for those who concern and support this LPM.

Let the LPM speak for itself.

d5aca48adef5d5fc1cca9ea999150c28.jpg

e2390f2e35b9aaaf6a27de567bd8e48d.jpg

For a complete video pls check our site and if you have questions pls contact us directly.

Those who doubt the LPM's ability, said max 2w, 4w, can save some energy, they pick a wrong target.

This is just the beginning of the LPM journey, more LPMs will be presented.

Thank you all.