Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review Of The 100mW Grenade#532 From Lazerer.

Hi all,

I've received a sample unit from Lazerer.com to review.

The unit model is the 100mW Grenade#532.

Shipping and Packaging.

The laser was shipped from Hong Kong on July 5, 2011, and arrived at my door in North Eastern USA on July 16, 2011. 11 days was very fast compared to the weeks of waiting for most of the items I've purchased from Hong Kong suppliers. Max was very helpful through the whole process, and communication was quick, and clear.

The laser's box was gift wrapped, and sent in a padded envelope. The contents included the laser, 2 security keys, plus a spec sheet of the laser's performance, and information. A battery, or charger was not included, and have to be purchased separately from their web site. Everything arrived in perfect condition.

2hnarz6.jpg

212a9vl.jpg

2ijj2tl.jpg

14azcd3.jpg

21n0h1w.jpg

96cg2h.jpg

4iiwd4.jpg

Specifications from included spec sheet.

The spec sheet also included graphs for IR filtered, and non-IR filtered power output.

• Model Number – LZGN532-100
  • Wavelength - 532nm
  • Rated Power – 100mW (0.1W)
  • Battery – 16340 Li-ion (3.7v)
  • Laser Class – IIIb
Their Test results.

• Room Temp – 22.3*C
  • Distance (From Diode to Sensor) - 15.6”/14cm
  • Beam Diameter - 3mm
  • Test Instrument – LaserBee 2.5W LPM
  • Test Was Done During the First 45 Seconds.
  • IR Output (Stable) 9mW
  • Overall Output (Max) 106mW
  • Overall Output (Stable) 105mW
My test results.

• Clean TEM00 Spot.
  • Very Stable Output Power Overall.
  • Divergence Is 1.1 mRad. (Using Pseudonomen's Divergence Calculator)
  • After A 30 Second Warm Up The Power Peaked At 117mW And Dropped Down To a Steady 109.5mW. (See Photo Below)
  • Can Light A Blackened Match, Pops Black Balloons, Burns Dark Plastic, Ect.
2wq7gar.jpg

Pros.

• Laser Was Metered On A Well Known LPM, Using An IR Filter Before Shipping Out To Customers.
  • Laser Arrived +/- 5mW Of The Reported Output.
  • Very Low IR Output.
  • Safety Key Can Be Removed In Either On, Or Off Positions.
  • Focus Ability Is A Big Plus For Burning.
  • It Has A Collar Around The Power Button That Can Be Rotated To Cover The Button, And Avoid Turning The Laser On By Accident.
  • Spot Is Really Bright, And Lights Up The Room. Laser Safety Goggles Are A Must.
  • Battery Life Is Excellent.
  • Threads Are Clean, And Easy To Tighten.
  • Its Light Weight, And Easily Fits In Your Pocket.
Cons.

• The Driver Is Soldered Directly To The Diode Pins, And Is Only Supported By A Few Foam Disks. The Driver Was Slightly Bent Toward The Inner Host Wall, And The Spring Was Touching. Not Good Because Its Case Positive. Thankfully The Inner Walls Are Coated, And Stopped The Spring From Grounding Out.
  • Divergence Can Be Better.
  • Beam Is Slightly Skewed.
  • No Battery Included.
  • Might Be To Bright For Star Pointing.
Overall Opinion.

I think for the price this laser is a good deal. Its mid-quality, but on-spec, and focusable. As many of us know, affordable, on-spec lasers are not easily found. And this one burns. Hopefully Lazerer.com will continue to present on-spec lasers to our community. They are also offering LPF members a discount through August 1. >Click<

I fully recommend purchasing this laser from Lazerer.com, and I'm looking forward to owning more of their great products.

Big shout out to DTR for taking the time to help me.

Thanks Jordan. :yh:

Peace,

TJ

Last edited:

Re: Review Of The 100mW Grenade#532 From Laserer.

Nice review! Well done:gj:

Looks like a pretty nice unit! And the prices on these things seem right to.

Didnt know you could twist the body and hide the on/off button really cool feature

Last edited:

Nice review! Well done:gj:

Looks like a pretty nice unit! And the prices on these things seem right to.

Didnt know you could twist the body and hide the on/off button really cool feature

Thank you sir. :beer:

The collar around the power button is a great idea. They all should have it. Takes the worrying out of turning the laser on by accident, especially when its in your pocket.

DJNY

Nice review Mark.

For your thread title, it´s LaZerer ;)

The low IR in the output is a big pro for this one.

Again, great work.

Thanks Phi. Probably writing a review at 3AM was not a good idea. But I promised I'd get it done this weekend, and I wont be around to much for the rest of the weekend. Still packing for the move.

Cant wait to see your up coming reviews. :wave:

Great Review Buddy.:beer: Very Detailed and I like how you did the Pros Cons and over Opinion.:) It was very clear and understanding this way.

Pretty Good Laser for the money

Thanks for the detailed Review.;)

+ :beer:

Edit: Must of Rep'ed you earlier this week.:( I owe you one.:)

Last edited:
A very well executed Review T_J.....
All the info anyone interested in this Laser would need..
Clear and detailed... Professionally done... IMO :gj:

Jerry

Great Review Mark, and very detailed :beer:

You know about what is the duty cycle?

I have ordered the LZCS - 200mW 532nm Focusable laser.

I can't wait to arrive and also do a little review when I get it in hand.

DTR

Very nice T_J.:beer:

I did not realize that the collar was supposed to turn. It turned on me when screwing off the tailcap and I was just thinking it was poorly designed.:crackup:

Thank you men. :beer:

Thats a good question. I had it on for 3-4 minutes while measuring divergence and it was hardly warm.

you're welcome ;)

So I think that is not bad at all for this type, and price of laser.

when I get mine (200mW), I experience to see how it behaves, but certainly will heat up more,

first because it is more powerful, but also because the host is smaller.

We'll see what happens.

Very very intriguing, I may now have a good place to get a greeny, Thanks TJ for the review and the detail that went into it, The only question, is they have a sale advertised for LPF but its dated for 1/7 through 1/8 was this sale back in january or is for july through August?

Tonga

Very nice TJ, thank you for this review;)! That's pretty good for the price and pretty fast shipping too, I like!! DANG, I can't rep you yet!

Last edited:
Very very intriguing, I may now have a good place to get a greeny, Thanks TJ for the review and the detail that went into it, The only question, is they have a sale advertised for LPF but its dated for 1/7 through 1/8 was this sale back in january or is for july through August?

July 1st to August 1st. The Europeans, Asians, and a few other places put the "Day" first, then the month.

Thanks for the Clarification, it did sound a bit odd thinking a sale would only go on for 1 day.

Very nice T_J.:beer:

I did not realize that the collar was supposed to turn. It turned on me when screwing off the tailcap and I was just thinking it was poorly designed.:crackup:

Yup, the collar around the switch button is specifically designed to turn in order to help prevent unwanted activation.
As far as I'm aware, all of Lazerer's lasers using this host body have this feature.