Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[Review] Laserlands' Protective Glasses 650nm

Traveller, where did you get those? They look nice.
And it looked to me like the "bad" review you highlighted was a positive review...

Traveller, where did you get those? They look nice. And it looked to me like the "bad" review you highlighted was a positive review...
They are from an Italian company, Univet. Being from MD, you're better off visiting OEM. Details and links can be found in my review.

As for the "bad" reference, I wasn't referring to the OP, who's review was lacking in important details, but to SenKat's comments:

"I would exercise caution when dealing with a known scamming company like zonestealth. I would be willing to bet that they are not adequate to protect your eyes - where did you test them, and how were they tested ? I am not really grilling you, so don't take it personally - but anyone can post, "I have had them tested"; which can consist of shining a laser through them to see the light transmitted - POOR test that is, by the way...dang, sounding like Yoda now....be aware that Zonestealth has scammed folks in the past with their cheap crap - underpowered lasers, and broad band goggles that can be bought at Wal-Mart for $4.00 with the same protection : NONE. "

With an own laser products site as well as over 5800 posts, I tend to take his comments a little more to heart ;)

True, he's a great member, but I've seen a lot of other posts that say how great they are. I guess it's like you said, good and bad vibes. I use cheap red laser enhancement goggles, anyway.
cheesy.gif
They are a bit dark, though.

IMHO, IF YOU CAN AFFORD THEM, go with the ML-7 Model WIDE SPECTRUM GOGGLES
from OEM LASER SYSTEMS. @ $156.00 shipped, they are NOT cheap, but they ARE CERTIFIED through a VERY WIDE RANGE of wavelengths. I have lasers in a multitude of wavelengths, but only need one set of goggles for ALL of them. In short, I LOVE MY ML-7's. rob

DJNY

IMHO, IF YOU CAN AFFORD THEM, go with the ML-7 Model WIDE SPECTRUM GOGGLES
from OEM LASER SYSTEMS. @ $156.00 shipped, they are NOT cheap, but they ARE CERTIFIED through a VERY WIDE RANGE of wavelengths. I have lasers in a multitude of wavelengths, but only need one set of goggles for ALL of them. In short, I LOVE MY ML-7's. rob

Hi Rob!
I think you mean ~this one~
Are they able to protect me from 473nm?

Ah 405 posts, I grow up to the blu-ray status :)

Those are the ones. For protection ranges, see the chart below the ad. It will show you the OD rating for all the wavelengths that are covered by the ML-7's. KUDO'S to KRUTZ who turned me on to these. For more info. on these goggles, PM "KRUTZ", he talked to one of the techies there for 1st hand info. I purchased mine on his recommendation. rob

Its their responsibility to give you some protection. Those are just colored lenses and nothing more. You got ripped off, and so are the others who are going to buy them.

I think this, along with the pile of other negative reviews of Laserland is good cause to stop referring them to people. I could care less if Merry is nice or not. They are a business selling faulty products that could hurt people. WTF

I sent her an e-mail yesterday, along with the pictures I posted here. Her responces were, well..........

Email.jpg

She then referenced the 5mw laser I used in the pictures......
snapshot24.jpg

I made reference to the glasses being sold as protection, not for seeing the dot easier (enhancment)........

snapshot25.jpg

My e-mail to her was not for the purpose of a refund, nor did I ask for one. I wanted her to know that these glasses were not safe....as protection. I made this post not to flame laserlands, but to let the ones who are not aware, know about these glasses. Eyesight is to precious to gamble on a cheap price.

That's kinda strange, 'cause mine have about 7 different CERTIFIED ratings printed right on the lenses. I bought mine last year & I don't think that for the price, that they aren't certified, no matter WHAT the site says. rob

To tell the truth, I don't really care if they're certified or not. I mean, if they work, why does it even matter? All a certification is, is a guarantee so that you know they work before you get them. If other members have proven that they work, then I don't really care.
I would trust anything that OEM puts on their website anyway, just because it's a good company.

Rob, I just looked at the ML7's and it said: "EN207/208 Specifications: Not CE Certified"

To tell the truth, I don't really care if they're certified or not.

Hold on a sec: EN207/208 is a European certification standard. The U.S. has its own certification system. In which case, the goggles ARE certified, but have not been tested according to European regulations...

edit: ...have not been tested by the European certification commmittee...
I didn't mean to "imply" that the EU standards are more stringent, just different. Frothychimp said it best:

"EN207/EN208 are the European equivalent to ANSI/FDA certifications or Canadian CSA certifications. You've probably more commonly heard them expressed as CE certified."

Last edited: