Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review and test of Jetlaser 150 mW 532nm laser

cd520

Butterfly moth?
Dragon moth?
Hawk moth?
Kissing moth?

Last edited:

Amorpha juglandis

Owl Moth

Walnut Sphinx or is it called just Sphinx

Carpet moth

Looks a bit like a Luna

I O moth

Peacock Moth!
Coh WINS

Family: Wild Silk Moths (Saturniidae)
Subfamily: Buck and Io Moths

(Hemileucinae)

Automeris io

IO or Buck moth

the hint??? I...Oh ... AND What the
'Buck' is hak talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automeris_io see the middle photo there

Last edited:
The Rayfoss green comes from the same factory as the SKY greens. They're the ones that don't make the quality control standards. They still have the SKY protection features (such as heat guard), except they haven't met SKY's stringent requirements. That's why they've been cut. That's not to say that they're bad though.
Now then there's the JETLASERS take on the host. Apparantly, these are made by a Chinese company called Scitower, which are second to Viasho and third to CNI when it comes to handhelds.These handhelds have a more rounded 'nose' (focusing and aperture knob).

So yes, it all makes sense now. And SKY themselves have said that the Rayfoss ones are the lasers that haven't passed their QC.

EDIT 2: Oh, wait, it's the same Gray that's here right now that replied to that email.

EDIT 3: Here's the reply from SKY on the same issue. http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/skylasers-vs-rayfoss-52630.html

EDIT 4: It's spelt "disable" not "unable". Just pointing the typo on the laser itself out.

Dear Goninanbl00d,
Thanks for your time doing the above researches. Basically right.
We've been partnering with Scitower for years and yes, the first such FDA compliant model was initiated by Scitower and it is the 2005-2008 version, while we designed the 2009, 2010 version and the transitional versions. I meant we provided a series of drawings and paid for machinists one by one for redesigning the models. The very early models have many flaws and now nearly all hidden flaws are resolved in the 2010 version model.

I don't know if jetlasers has many top optical engineers but they at least design good lasers and even provide freebies for review. This is very recommendable. Hope Gray could get more review lasers for us, especially the new titanium lasers. I bet few people would rush to Scitower if you provide titanim lasers at good price.

Hi moneyLeu,
Thanks for your studies of laser makers in China and you know more than I do since I'm employed and not experienced enough in this field. We dont wanna talk much about either our partners or our competitor, because the customer would choose what they trust and prefer when the products quality and stability are considered.

Scitower has top notch engineers with no doubt and we're grateful to their support and we share a lot of info. Speaking of the titanium lasers, the basics designed are done on our side except the detailed design of the waterproofing features. We paid a lot of patent royalties to the patent owner.

As far as I know, Cni also partners with Scitower in one way or another. I guess It's very commonplace in the tech world and companies don't mind forming a team and completing the big project or order, sharing the profit. It might be more time-saving and each party do what they each are best at without any need for each of them to start making a laser part or system from the scratch.

The company capability is not a matter of employees numbers. A few optical or mechanical engineers are not bad as long as they're talents and also know how to partner with bigger talents to do the things right. Jetlasers also came across returned models but we do the best to test every laser before shipping any out and would like to pay for the shipping of returning no matter the laser is a free laser for review or samples or sold ones. Right. The laser show systems esp. for city constructions or landscapes are popular these two years in China and it's a much more lucrative business than portables. Some people here are smart and like partnering with people to do the projects and sharing the $$$. There are tight deadlines anyway. :can:

I was mistaken when I posted that itwas NOT focusable- it and all models like this one from JetLasers ARE focusable. Sorry for any confusion.

Hi Hakazw1, sorry for the mess. The focusing method of the new version PL-C you received is a little different from the previous version cited in the manual. Only the front two rings/sections are knurled now, so it's okay to simply screw the 2nd knurling part clockwise to focus or defocus.

Check this pic HERE and you may know it better. It's useless screwing the aperture stop lid or the first ring.

Last edited:
So, it's all one big bucket of spaghetti. Not a surprise, really. Personally I'm amazed it isn't messier.

CNI is only so popular and widely-known because their handhelds are widely-known. Their handheld lasers are often regarded as the best in the market, and they also manufacture the lasers for Laserglow, which is often regarded as THE gold standard when it comes to handhelds.

Compared to a company such as Coherent, or CVI Melles-Griot, they're just another speck in the dust.

Last edited:
So, it's all one big bucket of spaghetti. Not a surprise, really. Personally I'm amazed it isn't messier.

Hahah..it might be much more messier than we thought but fortunately we're 'ignorant' enough.

CNI handheld is good enough though the features are just plain. People working for stated-own enterprises tend to be too lazy to be innovative. They never live in hunger and too much food makes them eager for keeping 'fit'.

I like the PM made by Coherent a lot!
:shhh:

Hahah..it might be much more messier than we thought but fortunately we're 'ignorant' enough.

CNI handheld is good enough though the features are just plain. People working for stated-own enterprises tend to be too lazy to be innovative. They never live in hunger and too much food makes them eager for keeping 'fit'.

I like the PM made by Coherent a lot!
:shhh:

Well, the CNI handhelds are (very) lacking in features, and they get away with the minimum amount of features they can.

Some people like that clean design, others want more features. The CNI focusables look disgusting to say the least.

Nor did I know that CNI was government-owned either.

Psst. Any chance of more review samples?:shhh:

¤LD 473nm Blue Lasers - JetLasers

Sounds like it's just the three lasers side by side in the host.

Sorry for the mess. The page is just not updated.
We're going to make a mono mode RGB first. Three apertures for green, red, bluray beam each. This dumb version of RGB is not interesting, probably.

Then we resort to multi mode RGB. The "B" is the bluray. A single aperture. Each color to be able to come on independently and in conjunction with the other colors.

Then comes the RGBB since 445nm diodes are available now.:)

Trevor

Sorry for the mess. The page is just not updated.
We're going to make a mono mode RGB first. Three apertures for green, red, bluray beam each. This dumb version of RGB is not interesting, probably.

Then we resort to multi mode RGB. The "B" is the bluray. A single aperture. Each color to be able to come on independently and in conjunction with the other colors.

Then comes the RGBB since 445nm diodes are available now.:)

Sounds excellent. I can't wait for this. :)

-Trevor