Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review and test of Jetlaser 150 mW 532nm laser

This is a work in progress- the second part of the review will be added soon-
JETLASERS IS HAVING A GB!!
ENDS SOON-SEE POST IN GB FORUM
Here are few of the discounts- any item stock is offered in this GB.

532nm PL-C
Power Range
Average Power
GB Pricing

150mw
150-200mw Power Range
175mw Average Power-my sample was over 200mWs
200$---(40$ discount iirc)

200mw
200-250mw Power Range
239mW Average Power
265$ ,,,,,,,,
REGULAR PRICE $ 398.00!!!!!!

250mw
250-300mw Power Range
280mw Average Power
325$..REGULAR PRICE $ 498.00!!!!!!!!....wow

SIMILAR SAVINGS ON ALL JETL ITEMS..PM GRAY FOR A QUOTE--GB ENDING VERY SOON....

Far and away the nicest Green laser I have ever gotten. Listed as a 150mWs but peaks at 220mWs.

Whats not to like?? 18650 batt(not included- but they did include a charger. 3 Way safety- shutter/and two keys. Blue light comes on when you push button it 'on'. Over spec by 70 mWs. Fully Focusable and weatherproof.

The details and moar photos soon.

This copypasta from JETLASERS not all of it applies to the above laser.

※20-150mw OverSpec in Average Output Power
※Longer Duty Cycle, up to 3-5 mins on continuously
※Focus adjustable beam divergence and diameter
※Longer Duty Cycle, up to 3-5 mins on continuously

Jetlasers Green Laser Pointer,650nm,Jetlasers-C Series, Jetlasers.org

※Full FDA complaint Safety Features(Removable upon request)

※Precision Machined From Hard Al and Weatherproof Design

※Laser Outputing 50mw to 700mw, IR Filtered 532nm Green

※Handheld or weapon mountable for versatility and convenience.

※Laser Dazzler Customizable for Long-range visualDisorientation

※POWER TEST VERIFICATION PROVIDED UPON REQUEST

added info/edit

the beam from this laser is very thin--it burns well- the 18650 lasts a long time- it comes with a charger(but no batt) they ship super fast to USA. If fit came with a batt. I would give it 10 out of 10.

I have lost lasers to customs that included the Batt.-------------
so its a trade off.

I give it 9.9 out of 10.

I will do some outdoors photos tonite and will post then.

Anybody interested in doing a group buy?? I would be happy to host it--please PM me on that..thread started in GB...Len

EDIT--all lasers like this one from JetLasers are focusable. I erred in saying that this one was not-sorry

Attachments

• Dad,Jr. and good friends dining 024 (Medium).jpg
    Dad,Jr. and good friends dining 024 (Medium).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 422
  • Dad,Jr. and good friends dining 017 (Medium).jpg
    Dad,Jr. and good friends dining 017 (Medium).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 384
  • Dad,Jr. and good friends dining 013 (Medium).jpg
    Dad,Jr. and good friends dining 013 (Medium).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 392
  • Dad,Jr. and good friends dining 025 (Medium).jpg
    Dad,Jr. and good friends dining 025 (Medium).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:

Price is 240$ for this PL-C- and 20$ for super quick shipping via DHL.

JetL says be nice to it but they suspect it could be ran for 8 ot 10 minutes without harm- However they are recommending 3 to 5 minutes with a rest cycle of only 30 seconds-- pretty well heatsinked.

Its 1/8 inch short of 9 inches long.

Its 30.15 mm diameter at the battery end and weighs 432 grams.

Attachments

• jetlaser pl-c 150 mW 002.jpg
    jetlaser pl-c 150 mW 002.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 311
  • jetlaser pl-c 150 mW 001.jpg
    jetlaser pl-c 150 mW 001.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 364
boys.. i received the same laser rom rayfoss.... tested stable 310/320mw!!! filtered!
the host is very nice... but.. by pics seems that your laser is not focusable... mine yes.(same skylasers)

but i still don't have a 18650 batt to use it and test it. when it arrive... i will write a NICE review... and in october about... i will test the unit with HIML9.. i will go on holidays near where he lives....

ped

Thats a handsome laser. Thanks for the info & power reading!

Wow, this is a good looking host.

How big is it compared to some others ?
is heavier and a bit bigger than the aries 75 I just won on eekbay as=is.

I got broken aries75-CNI ....... ever take one of those apart-?? anybody?
looks non-fixable but would like to put a casio 445 in there. lots of room for huge HS and driver- origanally it ran from 2 ''c'' cells- but I would like to convert to 18650.

got it almost all apart- still cannot get the driver with the push-on button part out?

I will take some photos and maybe you can help.

I have started thread on modding the Aries 75 in the Experiments forum--thnx to all who have been so helpful with this project.

Last edited:
boys.. i received the same laser rom rayfoss.... tested stable 310/320mw!!! filtered!
the host is very nice... but.. by pics seems that your laser is not focusable... mine yes.(same skylasers)

but i still don't have a 18650 batt to use it and test it. when it arrive... i will write a NICE review... and in october about... i will test the unit with HIML9.. i will go on holidays near where he lives....
Thanks for sharing all that on my thread..duh??...

. btw the rayfoss is not the SAME laser-

most components are different. NOT made by the same place that rayfoss gets them-- made afaik by Jetlasers.

When you ever get 18650 for yours.... plz do write up a review and share it with us. But PLZ start your own thread for that. TY

hak

Last edited:
^^^its all in the above thread

also --why the double post?? did you forget about the delay-

the focus on the rayfoss accounts for the extra cost IMO

BTW the Jetlaser is focusable.

Last edited:
BUMP...................... added detail to the OP

Also a thread will be started in GB for possible deal on these--

overall I give it a 9.9 out of 10 rating-- its a really great Green Professional Laser with all the safety feaures. over spec by 70 mws. very thin beam and a great burner too.

Last edited:
i bought this.
www.rayfoss.com

hakzaw1 is your laser focusable? by jetlasers pics.... seems to have different ring focus than mine...

I like the case and the batt. and goggles being included, but I already have all three.

I did notice in the Qualifund site photos that the first and second do not match the third???

How well these two companies treat you after the sale of thier lasers to remains be seen-(by me--never got anything from Ray foss) but I will say that so far Gray at JetL has gotten back to me very quickly and has been very helpful. He seems very open to doing a GB on these. A feeler thread has been started

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing all that on my thread..duh??...

. btw the rayfoss is not the SAME laser-

most components are different. NOT made by the same place that rayfoss gets them-- made afaik by Jetlasers.

When you ever get 18650 for yours.... plz do write up a review and share it with us.

hak
Jetlasers is not a manufacturer, they are just a reseller.
Asked the vendor that makes the crystals for our RPL and they never heard of them, and would look into it and get back to me with what they discover about this company. A couple days later they replied and said that jetlasers is just a website that retails lasers from various manufacturers.
Not that that's a bad thing, it's just that they are not part of the manufacturing process.

Hi, Hakzaw1, thanks a lot for your review! It's actually a Focusable laser. Try on the laser head. :)
I will clarify a little about the size and this PL-C was updated in the June, while the new drawing is at this website: http://www.jetlasers.net/2010-pl-c-jetlasers-portable-laser.pdf. The focusing route was replaced with brass for better wear-resisting effect(See the pic here[/U][/COLOR])

Hey Rangedunits, the current dimension is 38mm(Head Dia.)x30mm(Body Dia.)x223mm(Length). Thanks.

Dear Realista, we're very glad you got a great lasers and believe you love it. And to be honest, the laser you receive is really not the same to our PL-C and though they may look similar, you can compare many details in the laser head, threads, the way of defocusing, the surfacing of the laser body and the tail cap. If you wanna make a comparison, I don't mind applying for a laser sending to you. Good luck. I like Rayfoss anyway coz I admire people here in laser business who work days and nights for customers. BTW, most of our PL-C 250mW green lasers can be stable at 300mw or 320mw.

Dear Bootleg2go, hi thanks for your comment and special thanks to your friend's looking-for work but it's really not true. We wonder how much you know Chinese laser companies and us. We used to only advertise only on B2B sites before we began to build our own sites. We have two sister companies in China and two labs(cleaning rooms). We didnot give it much care when our resellers registered their own companies and branded the portable products in their own ways coz we mainly make profit upon the laser landmarking systems, not the portables until this year. BTW, though we're not pro about online marketing, but don't you think the domain name or brand "jetlasers" is better name for being known in the English market? It's okay that we're unknown by your Chinese friend but guess we might still live in the heart of darkness if we brand us with either mandarin name or Chinese Phonetics(not photonics), hahah..

The portable laser dazzlers seem to have a potential big market, at least in mainland, China. We made a 15w vehicle mountable dazzler for the gov. military project and are busy working on the dazzlers' projects for Nepal military. These projects kill us and take up our time while they're just confidential project. However, we have very few portables to offer, but there will be more when the new Ti lasers and RGB portables are available. Thank you.

This PL-C has gone through three or four updates, one of which is just transitional and not made known due to the flaws in the design(The pic is HERE) If Hakzaw1 want to compare each version to this current version or to other lasers, I'm sorting out the two or three other versions(Pic 1 and Pic 2) to have them shipped to him. We can also pay for a rayfoss laser to ship to him for comparison.:thanks:

Yes, if the soon-to-be GB runs well, I bet more people will learn and compare the differences(no matter which is better). If you're pro enough, we don't mind your taking our lasers apart and compare the crystal assemblies and other parts.
BTW, nLight diodes are in short supply in China and we may use the Axcelphotonics' diodes later this year. I cannot say they're better though they cost higher. We've tested some pumps.

Thanks to you all and have a great week!

Last edited:
hakzaw1

How is the machining & Finishing on the Host? On Par with CNI and better the O-Like?