Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RESOLVED BY COMMUNITY! - Bad experience with Bwhollen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VERY BAD EXPERIENCE with 'bhwollen'

You say this as if I am not willing to do this. Ben is the one who isn't willing to. Any reasonable outcome, I am willing to do.

If Ben refuses to deal with this, than you have two options.

1. Send it back to him with tracking and open a paypal dispute. Since it's a non working lasers customs isn't exactly an issue.

2. PM Daguin and send the laser to him! You'll have to cover the cost of the repairs, but you will get a working laser after Dave is done with it... of that there is no doubt.

One way you get your money back, the other way you get a working laser.

Now as for Ben... if he doesn't want to deal with it... good luck to him selling again through this forum. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:

jakeGT

Preciaely^^

And sorry Upperlevel, I was a little harsh on you, I realize you have been reasonable.

Let's get it done you guys, get this fixed and let's let this thread (hopefully) die

I will likely be sending to daguin or another great repped member for repair, might not be for a week or so though, but going that method there is no time restraint on me.
This thread can die if you all want now,
unresolved by bwhollen.

If you ever want to resolve this legitimately PM me (ie pay me back for repairs, or if you get to me sooner than I send to someone else, id send it to you if you send it back working at no cost other than shipping TO you).

Thanks

[/whining]

jakeGT

Send it to daguin. Once he diagnoses it, let bh known what half of the repairs are. Get back to us on if he helps you resolve this or not

Send it to daguin. Once he diagnoses it, let bh known what half of the repairs are. Get back to us on if he helps you resolve this or not

Bh says he is broke, it seriously doesn't look like he ever wants to make this all the way right.

Do I have a responsibility to send it to another member? Or could we just try to solder it ourselves now that we know bwhollen won't help at all no matter what?

I was going to send it to Flaminpyro, but I might send it to daguin now that I am purchasing another laser from him anyway tomorrow. Maybe Ill just send him the money to reserve the laser, then send my laser to him to repair and perhaps he can send it all back in one package.

jakeGT

I wouldn't attempt anymore fixes yourself, you'll
Most likely break it further than fix it.

And ben should have at least one laser he could sell, and he can spare $50.

rhd

"It's too much work to keep all my lasers listed here. I'm always building, buying, and selling lasers.

- BH's sig

"All" of his lasers? Maybe he should just swap you one that works, and then deal with the damaged one in his leisure when he's "un-broke" ?

Last edited:

Bh says he is broke, it seriously doesn't look like he ever wants to make this all the way right.

Do I have a responsibility to send it to another member? Or could we just try to solder it ourselves now that we know bwhollen won't help at all no matter what?

I was going to send it to Flaminpyro, but I might send it to daguin now that I am purchasing another laser from him anyway tomorrow. Maybe Ill just send him the money to reserve the laser, then send my laser to him to repair and perhaps he can send it all back in one package.

I believe BH lives at home since his mother called me when he
wanted to order a LaserBee 2.5W USB..
So I would think his mother (since he's only 16) can bail him out
until he pays his mother back.

@ upperlevel
At this point you have 2 options...

1) send it to a reputable Member to have it repaired properly
and pay the repairs.

2) open an "Item received not as described" Dispute and Claim
for the Laser.

a) If PayPal rules in your favor... PatPal will ask you to send back
the Laser to bwollen at your expense TRACKED and SIGNED FOR.
Once it is shown/proved received by bwollen PayPal will refund the
original amount including the original Shipping costs.
Then you can take your money and buy from a more reputable seller
on the Forum.

b) If PayPal rules in favor of the Seller.... Go to choice #1 above..

3) use rhd's suggestion... but get a replacement Laser from BW first.

Jerry

Last edited:

Well he said he did not have the money, so if pay pal does find in the buyers favor his account will go negative and become locked, and it may try to auto draw the funds from another source aka bank or credit card.
I think i read there new terms allow them to auto draw from any money source you link to bring your account out of the negatives.
So this could be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited:

Well he said he did not have the money, so if pay pal does find in the buyers favor his account will go negative and become locked, and it may try to auto draw the funds from another source aka band or credit card.
I think i read there new terms allow them to auto draw from any money source you link to bring your account out of the negatives.
So this could be interesting to see what happens.

As I stated above I believe the account may have his mother's CC
attached to it... He is 16 and I doubt he has a credit card to open
a PayPal account.. I may be wrong...:yabbem:

Jerry

Last edited:

well then he will owe some money to her.
Man i feel bad.
I hope this get resolved nicely.
Once my boards get here tho there will be a giant flood of 1.4W-1.5W+ 445nm lasers for sale.
I will have 35 to sell then after that i dont ever want to see them again.
if i had the driver boards here i would just tell him to open the dispute now and i would send him one at cost.
i have my own self made ones but they have no ground plane or anything so there are only for testing.

I'd like to point out that paypal will more than likely immediately close your claim in Bhwollen's favor if you file under the "Item not received as described" reason. There is no purchase protection if you use paypal outside of e-bay, all they care about is a tracking number showing as delivered.

This is why I laugh every single time someone says "I used paypal to be protected!" The seller can send you a box of rocks and paypal will do nothing to help you. If you don't believe me do a google search, "paypal protection outside of e-bay" and read through the hundreds of pages of results.

Also, if you somehow get paypal to rule in your favor they will not give you anything untill they recover the total cost from Bhwollen. (Outside of e-bay of course.) If his account is empty then you are out of luck. Paypal will not automatically transfer funds from his CC/bank account, he has to do it (fat chance?)

Your best bet would be a chargeback from a credit or debit card you paid for the laser with through paypal. If you paid with a paypal balance you are probably SOL.

i dont think thats 100% true there.
you can have a negative paypal account.
And yes i to have had this happen i bought tons of electronics from china and got a box of shoes.

JLSE

@Pontiacg5 ^

Actually I think you have a few things off here..

The moment you open a dispute, not even a chargeback, the sellers account is
immediately put into a negative balance of the original sale.. Should they decide
in the buyers favor, the seller must add these funds or they suspend the account.
They may also take the amount from a registered credit card, or bank account
cant remember though.

Buying outside of ebay and filing an item not as described case becomes a burden
to the buyer to prove that the item was indeed not as described. What they don't cover
which is normally covered in ebay is the quantity of items. Example, you buy 30 items
and only receive 5, you are not protected unless it was an ebay sale.

Item not as described is the proper way to address this issue, its just a pain to
prove depending on the nature of the product.

In this case, the seller could simply state that the item was damaged in transit
and pawn off responsibility onto the postal carrier, or the fact that the buyer
admitted to 'tampering' by opening it.

@OP

It doesn't hurt to contact paypal and ask their customer service what they recommend.
Just do it before you no longer have the option to open a dispute... They can give
you the best advice over guessing. It never hurts to ask.

Personally I do not honor warranty if the unit has been tampered with, but I also
seal my lasers as not to make it so easy for them to be opened. Not sealing the
laser is an open invitation to the buyer to 'tinker' with it. In this case the
seller should bite his tongue and fix the problem, or as its been suggested cover
half the cost of parts.

I had sold a laser to a guy locally who was also a member here.. I left the unit
unsealed and when he opened it and twisted the leads off the LD, I didn't charge
him anything other than post for the repair. It was my fault for not sealing it in
the first place.

I'd like to point out that paypal will more than likely immediately close your claim in Bhwollen's favor if you file under the "Item not received as described" reason. There is no purchase protection if you use paypal outside of e-bay, all they care about is a tracking number showing as delivered.

This is why I laugh every single time someone says "I used paypal to be protected!" The seller can send you a box of rocks and paypal will do nothing to help you. If you don't believe me do a google search, "paypal protection outside of e-bay" and read through the hundreds of pages of results.

Also, if you somehow get paypal to rule in your favor they will not give you anything untill they recover the total cost from Bhwollen. (Outside of e-bay of course.) If his account is empty then you are out of luck. Paypal will not automatically transfer funds from his CC/bank account, he has to do it (fat chance?)

Your best bet would be a chargeback from a credit or debit card you paid for the laser with through paypal. If you paid with a paypal balance you are probably SOL.

Might not be able to get his money back but will make it that much harder for ben to continue doing business.

Give Ben at least 48hr before you do this. He has not responded since last night. Lots of interesting ideas have been suggested by members. Such as ben giving you a loaner laser until he fixes this one. Or just trading you one of his personal lasers of same or better value.

Also in my opinion you should not have to pay half, only shipping.
The laser was DOA. It also sounds like the aixiz module was loose and you trying to focus it, caused the wires to twist. Yes you opened it but by that time the laser was in the shitter already.

To Ben step up to the plate and take the loss. Tell him you will either fix it at your expense or you will replace it with another laser from your collection. Who knows maybe it is just a quick solder job??

You will then look like a good LPF member. It will make your customer happy and give confidence to any future customers. Most importantly this thread would end.
Seriously it is beginning to make you look bad. All this arguing over a possibly fried 445 diode? 40-50$.

Once again I have to agree 100% with everything said here, no reason in saying it all over again.
I will add I don't think he was looking to good before this one, wasn't there a couple more.

Might not be able to get his money back but will make it that much harder for ben to continue doing business.

Give Ben at least 48hr before you do this. He has not responded since last night. Lots of interesting ideas have been suggested by members. Such as ben giving you a loaner laser until he fixes this one. Or just trading you one of his personal lasers of same or better value.

Also in my opinion you should not have to pay half, only shipping.
The laser was DOA. It also sounds like the aixiz module was loose and you trying to focus it, caused the wires to twist. Yes you opened it but by that time the laser was in the shitter already.

To Ben step up to the plate and take the loss. Tell him you will either fix it at your expense or you will replace it with another laser from your collection. Who knows maybe it is just a quick solder job??

You will then look like a good LPF member. It will make your customer happy and give confidence to any future customers. Most importantly this thread would end.
Seriously it is beginning to make you look bad. All this arguing over a possibly fried 445 diode? 40-50$.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.