Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rep loss - want it back?

Do you want the rep boosts back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a real big deal, but if it helps some folks tell who is active and helpful, the higher rep is maybe a good thing. Thanks (either way) -Glenn

Jaseth

Ranged: Sure you deserve to have any rep? :rolleyes:
JK

Nefarious: There is a link to the explanation in my first post. Read it.

My personal opion: I do not really care. As I have expressed many times before, I believe "real" reputation is mainly what kind of member people know you to be. Even if you rely on the rep system to tell whether a member is trustworthy, the rep comments are far more important than the numbers.
If all the people get back their boosts, good for them, if not, it does not bother me.

Seb

Asherz

I'd kinda like my rep back, unless it's a major hassle for C0ld.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys im going out for a bit ill be back ASAP

plz hang in there w/ this and if needed i will update ppl manually ,want everyone to be happy

in the mean time just enjoy chatting about lasers lol but i will be sure to help ppl out if necessary, don't panic=)

just email me at atarasov att hushmail dot com

peace
-ave

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
if i am too low or too high on the guess of what it was before plz let me know

will be back soon
peace

roosl

I voted "don't care". It looked "cool", but doesn't give or take away from how I feel about this forum.

I don't think Avery should have to go to all the hassle of putting it back, and someone pointed out that now, your rep reflects what other members have granted, rather than (where most of mine came from). Now when I give rep, the recipient gets less, right (because I have less "rep power")? That's probably not a big deal to most of us, either.

Anyway, it's all good as far as I'm concerned!
:D

Doesn't matter to me. I actually feel bad every month for getting rep for donating. I don't like the idea of buying rep. I think rep should be given by members for activley contributing to the forums and for positive BST transactions.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I voted don't care, either way is fine for me. Would almost interesting to see a complete rep reset. Surly the people who deserved high repz would again earn them. :)

Last edited:
I guess the "real" rep is more important. Whatever the end result is would be fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.