Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Regret Your Username?

Do you regret your Username?

• Total voters
Hmm...I've been using DragonSoulSong and its abbreviations as my online alias at most locations on the Internet that I've stopped by for several years ever since I originally got a little sick of what I started out with a couple of years prior to that..."ExcimerSunSoftware"... The original name referenced an idea for an independant software development company that was a fledgling thought in my mind as of my Junior year of High School...after a point, I found that it didn't...ring...I simply found that I was sick of it in many ways, so I spent a good week or more trying to puzzle out my current online name, with the intent of using it indefinitely...I've succeeded thus far.

I'm relatively proud of my name; it took much time and thought to engineer and is relatively accurate to how I view myself at heart, in light of the concepts that it embodies, collectively, as I interpret them; and I have yet to regret it ever since I first "commissioned" it, if you will. Good thing, too, since I have used it for almost everything, to include multiple social/media sites such as Twitter and YouTube, games/gaming communities such as Minecraft and Steam, not to mention multiple forums and such as well. It is an original construct of my mind that you won't find anyone besides myself using as their own, so far as I've found over these several years of using it.

Google my name, and, aside from a fair bit of DBZ-related stuff that I had no idea my name could relate to until I searched it in Google myself, you will easily find me, my art and other products of my mind, and perhaps several of my interests as well. That is something that I can be proud of, as, in that search, I myself can find little to regret or be embarrassed of.

Almost everywhere that I've gone with this name online, I've made the name good and enjoy continuing to use it. I have no idea how good others think the name is, other than a few comments here and there by the occasional stranger, but I certainly do what I can to make it a good name, as I firmly believe, and can attest to the fact, that it is a person that makes their name, not the name a person. :)

Dragon/Cody

Last edited:

I just love dragons and agree that the name is epic.

It's just the Pony themed avatar that shatters the awesomeness a bit.
Sorry, I just don't pretty up my opinion for anybody. Apologies in case of offense.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I could have thought of that
That would have been fun

In English my name is David
Whereas in Spanish my name is David

I just might change my name to the Spanish translation to keep it interesting

Peace,
dave

lol

Yo soy 2007Revolución en español. :D

Taking suggestions for a new name. Mine's getting a bit old - say six years. :p NOT changing it to 2013Revolution. :p

I just love dragons and agree that the name is epic.

It's just the Pony themed avatar that shatters the awesomeness a bit.
Sorry, I just don't pretty up my opinion for anybody. Apologies in case of offense.
No offense taken. ^_^ I appreciate honesty of opinion when it is given in a respectful manner. :) Trust me, I know quite well that ponies aren't for everyone, and I respect that completely. That being said, I'm not too terribly afraid to show in at least a few ways that I like the show myself, as it has become a part of who I am, and if I can't be proud of, and secure in, myself, then what can I be proud of? Even at that, I'll respectfully not stuff the show down the throats of others, unless the avi counts, I suppose. ^^"

Dragon/Cody

Gun

May as well say how I got my name.

I thought of my YouTube name a long time ago, then I basically just took the three first letters off of that. Now I'm known as "Gun" on practically all the forums I go on.

Last edited:
No offense taken. ^_^ I appreciate honesty of opinion when it is given in a respectful manner. :) Trust me, I know quite well that ponies aren't for everyone, and I respect that completely. That being said, I'm not too terribly afraid to show in at least a few ways that I like the show myself, as it has become a part of who I am, and if I can't be proud of, and secure in, myself, then what can I be proud of? Even at that, I'll respectfully not stuff the show down the throats of others, unless the avi counts, I suppose. ^^"

Dragon/Cody

Understood, it's all good man. If you're open for suggestions, I'm sure there are a few pony-related banners/signature lines, opening up an Avatar spot for something like,

prepare_to_die_by_straypaladin-d5luu9v.png

white_dragon_hatchling_by_dashase-d5nco89.jpg

smaug__s_wrath_by_exileden-d5hzlxs.jpg

Full resolution ones can be found here in my favorites folder,
Eudaimonium's deviantART Favourites

Deviant Art is quite a source for avatars, wallpapers and general awesomeness. Just have the Mature Content = Hidden and you're good :p

If you're open for suggestions, I'm sure there are a few pony-related banners/signature lines, opening up an Avatar spot for something like, -snip-
Indeed I am open to suggestions, and I do rather enjoy mixing my avi up slightly from time-to-time. :3 I might see about it, now that you mention it. ^_^

Deviant Art is quite a source for avatars, wallpapers and general awesomeness. Just have the Mature Content = Hidden and you're good :p
DA is indeed quite a source for all things eye candy, as well as thought-provoking things such as poetry and the like, and right there are three more reasons yet for me to love it. :D Good finds! ^_^

I don't regret my username. I've used it since before I joined this forum and I still use it on any other sites that I join.

Ya know, I was happy with mine until you guys started talking...

Now, I am wondering how Photon Targaryen sounds to everybody...The GOT folks will get it.

I regret not entering dan.efex or dan|efex so folks wouldn't think my name was Dane :p

:beer:

Haha, I remember awkwardly calling you dane XD. I miss you buddy and I hope you're doing well!

I kind of regret my user name but at the same time, it defines me as the great driver I am. Been behind the wheel since age 9, racing quarter midgets in Cummings, GA and then on to 125cc carts in Wisconsin. I'm 21 on May 26th and honestly I'm happy where I'm at now but I just really miss racing competitively.
And what I miss the most is this great community/forum. I love you guys and always remember that science puts loads of faith in you guys. Secretly, this is where the leads of the market come to stalk and we keep it so professional. It's just a pure euphoria of a forum and a way of life.

D

Deleted member 16589

I like my username.
I came up with it when I first got into lasers.
I had just build a violet laser based on styropyro's video and was trying to come up with a name for a youtube account. I tried laserman (Taken) then I tried lazerman (taken). well at the time I like playing game on Games121.com so I created Lazerman121 :p

Last edited by a moderator:

IsaacT

I have been thinking about changing my username, so far I am just thinking about changing it to: IsaacT, which is my first name and last initial.

Would that be too similar to IgorT?

Last edited: