Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Preview/Update [4/4] FINAL RELEASE: The Cypreus II - Custom Copper Host by Sinner

sinner

Re: [Preview/Update 3/3]: The Cypreus Series II - Custom Copper Host by Sinner

They all do basically the same thing, heatsink your diode. You can get any host that suits your budget just let me know if there is any thing i can help with.

Sinner you are an ARTIST, such beautiful and functional sulptures in metal.
Truly innovative and very well thought out. :)

Last edited:
Re: [Preview/Teaser]: The Cypreus - Custom Copper Host by Sinner

I have a 30mW 680nm diode coming but I am tempted to do a mitsubishi P73 build. I doubt there is enough space to add corrective optics but even an uncorrected 638 could be nice.

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm ????????????????????

A " Dagon's Head ".....in ... COPPER !!!!! It COULD be done !!! Yikes x 10 !!! Copper is SUCH a pain in the ASS to work with !!!!

BEAUTIFUL WORK MR.SINNER !!!!!!!!! Thanx !!!!! ...CDB

sinner

Thank you good sir, means a lot coming from a laser enthusiast and a visionary himself. :beer:

Presale has started.

I don't think I have ever wanted a host more than I want this. Seriously. Can't get over how amazing they look...You just can't beat that copper sheen.

IsaacT

Got the host and my review thread is up HERE. Build portion to follow when my diodes arrive from DTR. Lots of pics and more to come!

sinner

Final Release 04/16/14

:beer:

sinner

I hope you like our co-designed drop-in heatsink. :D
EDC's a sweet little host i couldnt stop holding it, even though it hasnt been built yet.

Tmack

I can wait to see it! Picture looks great.

I've been looking for the release version of it. I see it came out beautiful as planned.

Last edited:
WOW thats a lot of copper. So purty! I agree though, those EDC hosts are sweet...would make for a perfect pocket burner, eh?

Encap

sinner--you have really outdone yourself once again! All of your hosts are really nice and I love the MS-SSW III but this new Cypreus Series II is on another level being solid copper.

The Cypreus Series II copper hosts are truly mechanical artworks with all the details well thoght out and covered--simply beautiful work.

The EDC will make some amazing compact lasers and very happy compact laser enthusiasts.

The Standard and the XL LImited are great too! A lot to love about both of them.

Best of luck with Series II!

Last edited:

Tmack

Really impressed with the new module design. I'm proud to play a tiny part in it :p

sinner

Really impressed with the new module design. I'm proud to play a tiny part in it :p

You were right, It is important to keep the design more accessible and easy to build since not everybody has the skillset or hands on experience with custom hosts,
I greatly appreciate your point of view and took the idea of what generally seems more compliant to builder/customer , with the basic/existing building concepts and no added equipment required, And I still managed to get the same amount of customizability for drivers, everybody wins. :san:

Millhouse650

Does this fit a 25mm dtr heatsink? I already have one with a driver dugout the back and attached, I wanna put it in the end of this thing as is