Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Powder Coated Krytons - White and Clear!

Trevor

What do you get when Kenom, Pontiacg5, lazeerer, and Ehgemus join forces? Epic powder coated Krytons.

One of the them was polished by lazeerer then powder coated clear by Ehgemus:

1.JPG

The other was simply powder coated white:

2.JPG

3.JPG

They're prettymuch epic. :D

4.JPG

...as for whether I'll be able to afford to build lasers in them, that remains to be seen. :(

-Trevor

Last edited:

...as for whether I'll be able to afford to build lasers in them, that remains to be seen. :(

-Trevor

If you can actually manage to build lasers in them, well that's the tricky part for me. I never worked in a kryton to tell how difficult it is. As for the $$, you know you will find them the one or another day ;)

They look pretty good guys.

Due to the lighting in the pictures it's hard to tell...is that white a "snow" white or is it a warmer tinted white ? (just for clarification.)

Trevor

Ahh crap, I'll fix the WB when I get a chance.

Bright, snow white. :)

-Trevor

Trevor

Well, this one looks a little on the cool side because of the blue sky reflecting off of it. I'll take some time to get this right this evening.

5.JPG

-Trevor

Those are some sweet looking krytons :) I wish I could powder coat mine GITD white.

Actually your pics should be considered good enough that the ambient lighting is making enough of a difference. Most cheaper cameras wouldn't be able to show it. The question was just so that the viewer could be able to tell what that ambient lighting was.
They are very nice looking units.

@Ra1nfade "I wish I could powder coat mine GITD white."
Not quite as durable but you could always get a can of GITD spray paint from your local home center to paint some hosts. Just remember to coat with a couple layers of clear to give some scratch resistance. With those hot summer temperatures out where you are you could put them in a corner outside for a (sun) baked on finish ! (I did this years ago with aluminum mags for my ol' 74 Datsun 710. Solar baked painted finish is pretty durable.)

Awesome Buddy. Glad you like how the Polished one turned out.:D

The White one is Awesome As well. Very Unique and Rare color to choose.:gj:

mfo

Ehgemus always does top notch work for everything. Whenever I need a host made, he's the man for the job.

Looking fantastic, really like the white!

Never knew there was clear powder coating, really cool

The white would look awesome with Ice blue trits in it. It has a very cool (as in temperture) look to it