Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Things

Been doing a complete redesign of my website, decided to throw in a photography page while I was at it :)

NQLasers

ped

^^ superb.

Ive tried getting a good photo of the moon, it just never turns out right.

Things

Indeed, I've been trying to get a good photo of it ever since that one, and have never even come close to getting something as good. Probably just fluke shots where I happened to have the focus spot on :)

Driving to Houston from Austin:
3ThZOl.jpg

Favorite pic of my car:

(clicky)

The stray cat i take care of at my condo had her second batch of kittens on my front porch in the last 6 months. Her last 4 were born in the middle of winter so we had to keep her cat house covered and warm. now we have to make sure she doesnt get too hot in the TX heat... I hope im not the only one going to pet stores and racking up $60+ bills for a stray, my house cat, and dog food.

Sadly there were 4 born but one didnt make it :( The other 3 are nice and healthy though. They will be taken away at appropriate time to a loving home. Then shes going to be caught and spayed. Our vet has agreed to help us catch and spay her for free. Here are the 3 little angels sleeping, 2 days old.
124j4gy.jpg

The stray cat i take care of at my condo had her second batch of kittens on my front porch in the last 6 months. Her last 4 were born in the middle of winter so we had to keep her cat house covered and warm. now we have to make sure she doesnt get too hot in the TX heat... I hope im not the only one going to pet stores and racking up $60+ bills for a stray, my house cat, and dog food.

Sadly there were 4 born but one didnt make it :( The other 3 are nice and healthy though. They will be taken away at appropriate time to a loving home. Then shes going to be caught and spayed. Our vet has agreed to help us catch and spay her for free. Here are the 3 little angels sleeping, 2 days old.
124j4gy.jpg

Paid $600 for an emergency c section for my dog. She got pregnant at 11 years old and wasn't strong enough to deliver.
Then paid another $250 on surgery to have 9 teeth pulled. She had rotten teeth from eating sweets all her life.
We have 3 dogs now....

As for cats, I'm not much on them. All they do is get into my trash and walk on teh hood of my car. They'd be dead, but discharging firearms in city limits is illegal :(
and regardless of how much i hate them, poisoning an animal is just wrong.

Last edited:
I can understand you. There was some strays I didn't really like. Next time to want to kill one think of this, the avg. Stray kills 11 small rodents/pests every 2 weeks. Without stray cats and barn house cats our grain industry would be in serious trouble from pests and the diseases they bring. Every time I walk outside I have to go shut the dumpster doors so the cats won't get in and tear it up. If only everyone would close te doors after throwing away trash.

Last nights "SUPER MOON" This is the closest the moon has been to the earth in 800 years...It's brighter, and appears to be 14 percent bigger...

Shot with Canon EOS Rebel XSi.

f/16, 1/125, ISO 100, 250mm
_MG_5984.jpg

f/5.6, 40sec., ISO 100, 55mm
_MG_6015.jpg

Things

Ah yes, I got a pic as well.

Was cropped and shrunk 50% from the original.

F5.6 ISO100 1/320 720mm

DSCF4690e.jpg

Also got these:

DSCF4711.jpg

DSCF4724.jpg

DSCF4729.jpg

Dan

Last edited:
ew his iris looks gross, it's all.....stringy.

I put some colored contacts in today. I don't wear contacts, I just bought them to color my eye.
The green is my real eye, the blue is the contact lens.
attachment.php

Attachments

• eyes.jpg
    eyes.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 16,459
Last edited:
Here's a pic of the moon through my telescope the outer edges look blurred due to atmospheric turbulence.

Also the big crater at the centre bottom is "Theophilus" it also has a mountain (central peak) which is about 1,400m high (if I remember correctly).
Some of the craters in the photo are smaller than 11km such as the rosse crater.

The dark craters (mare) appear dark as when the asteroid hit them, it caused lava to flow in the crater, it has now frozen and appears dark!

img5226dy.jpg

Last edited: