Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your PC!

Things

I seem to have this weird problem with my computer though, ever since I upgraded. It started out that the computer would freeze, then just force reboot itself without leaving a trace (No BSOD or events), usually while playing minecraft. Just went to play minecraft now and it just flat out restarted. It kinda sounds like a PSU issue to me, but I would think a 500W PSU would be enough for what I've got.

I seem to have this weird problem with my computer though, ever since I upgraded. It started out that the computer would freeze, then just force reboot itself without leaving a trace (No BSOD or events), usually while playing minecraft. Just went to play minecraft now and it just flat out restarted. It kinda sounds like a PSU issue to me, but I would think a 500W PSU would be enough for what I've got.

Try stress testing the CPU and/or the GPU by using Prime95 and MSI Afterburner.

I don't think it's the PSU either, as the system shouldn't be drawing more than 250-300 Watts.

If you have Win7 check event viewer for any errors, etc.

ped

If I get time tomorrow, I'll post mine..

With its 512Gb OCZ SSD :)

Things

SSD FTW :D

Looks like I might have to buy another PSU though, this computer just keeps crapping itself under load and really the PSU is the only thing it points to.

The caps might be shot, the ICs could be getting hot - but other than that, the only other common failure more would be a lack of power.

ped

For anyone who doesn't have an SSD and is considering it...do it.

It literally transformed my machine.
Its around 8 seconds from power switch push , to usable desktop.

Things

Yup, and as someone that is usually always a couple years behind in switching to new technology, I don't regret it one bit.

Things

Well, looks like I fixed my problem :D

IMG_20130702_103622.jpg

Added about 10400uF of caps :D

Ran the benchmark for a good 30 minutes and didn't have any issues, before it usually rebooted within 2 minutes or so. Think I'll rip the PSU open and maybe replace the caps, or add a few new ones.

LaZeRz

Well, looks like I fixed my problem :D

IMG_20130702_103622.jpg

Added about 10400uF of caps :D

Ran the benchmark for a good 30 minutes and didn't have any issues, before it usually rebooted within 2 minutes or so. Think I'll rip the PSU open and maybe replace the caps, or add a few new ones.

LOL!

Ghetto/10