Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post Your GUN (PICS)

:eek: 12 Gauge!!! Insane MadMacMo. You'll definitely be poppin' some Zombie heads with that :) Sweet collection too :beer:

~ LB

Razako

S&W .460 XVR.
I've shot it 20 times so far and loved every moment of it. Definitely not a gun for the less adventurous though. It makes watermelons and expired canned foods cease to exist.
0ca25d6d-ab03-481a-8da3-d2d21c0a3f35_zps10aa429f.jpg

Razako

Another nice part is how you can even put less powerful cartridges like .45LC and .454 casull in it for home defense or if women/children want to shoot it. It's quite versatile in that aspect. The downside is that it likes pricey ammo. About 80 cents per shot for the .45LC and the cheapest I've seen .460 is about $1.50 per shot.

Fl--Pyro ----
Looks like those 4 rapid shots pushed
you back some !!!!! Lean into it a bit :)
HMike

Razako --- Reload 460 SW Mag Much cheaper!
A bunch of H110 Powder ain't too bad for $$

Last edited:
I found this a few months ago and was pretty amused.

YouTube - .577 T-Rex go BOOM

url

I have seen one of these rifles at our range in Canada. If you had to make a round for hunting Dinosaurs or large vehicles this would be it. The recoil on this rifle is RIDICULOUS! The rifle really requires a compensator to shoot safely. 750grain bullet hitting a ½ in mild steel plate at 2600fps @ 150 yards is something to watch. The concussion from the rifle can be felt from quite a distance.

This thread is so cool! Awesome looking gun!

Hey Seoul lasers, where can I get some empty shells for a bullet like that?
It was about a year ago when I was looking around and learned that you can
get reloadable 12G shotgun shells, they would look nice for my idea, even those...
It was just that I could not find a place that would sell me a few of the shells.. :(
Does anyone know?

I have seen one of these rifles at our range in Canada. If you had to make a round for hunting Dinosaurs or large vehicles this would be it. The recoil on this rifle is RIDICULOUS! The rifle really requires a compensator to shoot safely. 750grain bullet hitting a ½ in mild steel plate at 2600fps @ 150 yards is something to watch. The concussion from the rifle can be felt from quite a distance.

Spooky

Blow form a 50BMG out and use that :)

The picture is a 700 nitro, the Trex is a shouldered case.

4BIGBORES-1.jpg

Still quite a lot less power than the 20mm Serbu :)

cheers

dave

I'll let you know how it is. I just picked it up Monday. :D I got a great deal on some ammo for it too. The price came out to 2.25 a round. It was $337 for 150 rounds in a can. You can order single types in online. Somebody else that ordered from the same place said he called and was able to get a mixed can so I did the same thing. 130 rounds of ball, 10 AP and 10 API. Found out there is a place in town that will let you buy steel plates for cheap since it is scrap. I'm going to pick up some 16" to 18" stuff that is around 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.

ETA: I need to find a smiley sticker that is about 1 3/4" in diameter. The scope dust covers flip up. I want to place it on the inside so it is visible when opened.

ETA 2: Maybe even one of these.

$_3.JPG

Last edited:

Razako

I'll let you know how it is. I just picked it up Monday. :D I got a great deal on some ammo for it too. The price came out to 2.25 a round. It was $337 for 150 rounds in a can. You can order single types in online. Somebody else that ordered from the same place said he called and was able to get a mixed can so I did the same thing. 130 rounds of ball, 10 AP and 10 API. Found out there is a place in town that will let you buy steel plates for cheap since it is scrap. I'm going to pick up some 16" to 18" stuff that is around 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.

ETA: I need to find a smiley sticker that is about 1 3/4" in diameter. The scope dust covers flip up. I want to place it on the inside so it is visible when opened.

ETA 2: Maybe even one of these.

$_3.JPG
Shooting a .50 is something that you'll never truly forget. Even with ear muffs and plugs it'll be pretty loud and there's this enormous pressure wave from the brake that will slap a smile right onto your face. Sort of a "holy shit that was awesome" moment.

For best effect you gotta have interesting targets to shoot and a nice area out in the desert/woods or w.e. Shooting paper at the range with a .50 is nothing special. Blasting through engine heads, car parts and metal sheets out in the country is where the fun is at.

I just got done breaking it in. A friend is getting ready to move to AZ and he wanted to shoot it. It is a blast, no pun intended. There is hardly any recoil with the Barrett 99. It almost feels like someone giving you a good push on the shoulder.

I'm going to go broke shooting it. There is a place in town that will make steel plates for cheap. They'll even attach chains to hang it. I could've had an engine block to shoot. I would've had to drive a hour each way to get it though.

I sold my S&W 500 because of the price to shoot it. Would be sweet putting rounds through steel plate though. Lowes in my area has a half in 12x12 plate.

Best viewed full screen 1080. Jerked just a little bit on the last shot. It looks like it grazed the top of the target stand.