Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your blu-ray host

Switch

FireMyLaser said:
If you wan't I can upload some more detailed pictures.
Yes please, and perhaps also throw in some dimensions (metric) if you don't mind eh? :)
Thx.
Well, here's a couple of pictures.Almost each section is of a different diameter because of my not so good machining skills. :p

RIMG0002.JPG

Here it is next to the DX30 and my 16x built a year before. :-/

RIMG0003.JPG

Sorry , I don't have exact measurments, it's 2 AM here and I have nothing to measure it. :( By estimates it's about 15-17mm wide(the battery tube is a little thiner though) and about 180mm long.

The apertures, and some accesiories I made for my red laser: first is an adaptor for mounting those cheap difraction gratings and the second has an AR coated lens for red that has a focal point 2mm from the aperture so I can write with the laser like a pen on black plastic and other burnable materials ;D

RIMG0004.JPG

cric8r

Ummm the one on the table is the dx200. It says intel core 2 extreme hhaahaha!! Yea i bought the blu-ray sticker and the seller gave me that one as a gift.

Things

Here is my blu-ray host!  ;D

lasermodule5mw.gif

Just a simpel aixiz module. Its only a PS3 diode, so its not really worth doing anything with anymore.  :-/

Thats not my pic, BTW :p

daguin

Things said:
Here is my blu-ray host!  ;D
Just a simpel aixiz module. Its only a PS3 diode, so its not really worth doing anything with anymore.  :-/
Thats not my pic, BTW :p

That is not true. These are still useful as lecture pointers and for fluorescing minerals.

Peace,
dave

Switch

I don't know about pointing since it's so hard to focus on the dot. :-/ I don't know about everybody else but I can't even see the dot about 500m away in the night since it's so blurry(unless I defocus my eyes , in which case the dot becomes focused and everything else blurry).

The first thing I thought after I first saw the violet dot was "AWESOME!" , then the second thing was "damn that's a thick beam" , then when I pointed it across the room "this isn't gonna make much of a pointer" because it was so hard to look at. ;D

daguin

Switch said:
I don't know about pointing since it's so hard to focus on the dot. :-/ I don't know about everybody else but I can't even see the dot about 500m away in the night since it's so blurry(unless I defocus my eyes , in which case the dot becomes focused and everything else blurry).

The first thing I thought after I first saw the violet dot was "AWESOME!" , then the second thing was "damn that's a thick beam" , then when I pointed it across the room "this isn't gonna make much of a pointer" because it was so hard to look at. ;D

The focus here is on ""lecture type"" pointers.  If you are lecturing with your visual aid 500m away from you, you are in the wrong business and shouldn't be using a pointer anyway ;)  In a standard lecture hall or in a classroom, they work wonderfully.  You are not looking for a "beam" in these situations.  You are looking for a "dot" that can draw the eye to the part of the visual aid you want to focus on.  You don't want the audience to "focus on the dot."  You want them to focus on what you have drawn their attention to.  These little 405nm pointers work very well for that without damaging the audience's dark adapted vision.

Peace,
dave

Switch

Well I was talking about the dot. :p But yes I see what you mean, maybe in a dark room I guess.But it just has that ghostly look :-/ I don't know if I'd rather choose another colour. :p

daguin

Switch said:
Well I was talking about the dot. :p But yes I see what you mean, maybe in a dark room I guess.But it just has that ghostly look :-/ I don't know if I'd rather choose another colour. :p

I switch my colors off from time to time in the semester. When the color of my pointer changes it piques the audience one more time. Once a semester I bring in the "monster" complete with its carrying case ;)

The monster = http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1215880170

Peace,
dave

I agree with daguin on the PS3 diodes

In a standard lecture hall or in a classroom, they work wonderfully

My first PS3 build is my pointer of choice 99% of the time.

I switch my colors from time to time in the semester. When the color of my pointer changes it piques the audience one more time

I did that with a bunch of 13/14 year olds..... red/green/yellow and blu ray, all in one lecture.... It got their attention... they then started trying to guess which colour I would use next. :)

Regards rog8811

Switch

Well , I wouldn't really know since the PHR is the first and only 405nm diode I've seen.Anyway, that's one sleek host there rog. :D

daguin

rog8811 said:
I switch my colors from time to time in the semester.  When the color of my pointer changes it piques the audience one more time
I did that with a bunch of 13/14 year olds..... red/green/yellow and blu ray,  all in one lecture.... It got their attention... they then started trying to guess which colour I would use next. :)
Regards rog8811

I don't switch during a lecture. I am an adjunct professor. I teach in different classrooms and at different colleges. I have to carry whatever I nee that day in my bag :(

Peace,
dave

imag0288lh7pe9.jpg

imag0289if2hz9.jpg

imag0290ev1yg2.jpg

imag0294zg8uu4.jpg

I think the Silver MXDL looks best! it's awesome! puts the rest to shame... ;)