Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your blu-ray host

daguin

jake21 said:
this is my new host i just got done with, its powered by 1aa and im useing a drlava driver
edit: 1aa 3.7v batt

What AA battery gives 3.7V ?

Peace,
dave

Think he meant AA sized lithium battery in which case it would be the 14500 batt.

Thanks
brtaman

Switch

Wow, that looks pretty slick but the small pictures make it difficult to see.Mind uploading a bigger one, jake? :p Also , what host is that?

hhspunter, give some details , maybe a pic of the inside? :D

I want some more info about your host Switch, it looks pretty bad a$$. :cool:

Did you machine it?

Switch said:
The little skull is my warning label :D

RIMG000.jpg
What host is this?

Switch

That front cover looks awesome, it fits perfectly with the design. :D

FireMyLaser said:
I want some more info about your host Switch, it looks pretty bad a$$. :cool:

Did you machine it?

It's a PHR sled diode in aixiz being fed about 100mA through the lavadrive, and a pushbutton from a cheap red laser.The rest of the case I made myself(even the button, from a thin brass rod), it's a bit long cause I suck at machining, it took me 20 minutes per thread :D The aixiz module front screws in directly in the alluminum part and is covered by the aperture cap.I can pretty much use unlimited duty cycle at this current. :-/ If you want I can upload some more detailed pictures. :p

daguin

brtaman said:
Think he meant  AA sized lithium battery in which case it would be the 14500 batt.
Thanks
brtaman

I believe so as well. That's why I asked the question. A 14500 is NOT an "AA" battery. Calling it an "AA" could very well cause some noob to try to build one using an "AA" battery.

Peace,
dave

Switch said:
Wow, that looks pretty slick but the small pictures make it difficult to see.Mind uploading a bigger one, jake? :p Also , what host is that?

hhspunter, give some details , maybe a pic of the inside? :D
It's a little hard to see my driver in here, but it's just a LM317-based driver. I got rid of the resistor and just used a pot. I'm actually thinking about changing it to a nice hefty pot that is meant to be adjusted all the time, and mount it on the host. But I'm not sure I'll do that, as it works great right now, and why in the world would I turn the power down?! :p

CIMG2709.jpg

CIMG2710.jpg

This is in case I ever decide to carry it in a bag or something (I don't want to burn a hole in it and have all of my stuff fall out LOL):
CIMG2713.jpg

CIMG2714.jpg

CIMG2718.jpg

CIMG2716.jpg

CIMG2717.jpg

I DO have another host I'm thinking about using, but I may need to build/buy another driver if I plan on using it.

CIMG2719.jpg

Also, I have access to a pretty nice machine shop with a few mills, a few lathes, a couple 3-axis CNC mills, a 5-axis CNC mill, a CNC lathe, and a rapid prototyper, so I think I may be able to come up with a custom design that will be pretty sleek. But I like the hefty feel of my host now, it's solid. Plus it looks and feels pretty serious so it is a constant reminder that it's a serious laser.

jake21

the front piece is not a reflector, i had some metal laying around and i placed it inside and it fits nice and looks sick. i have mad a laser from the host above that hhspunter has, and its hard as hell to make i had to use a toggle switch for mine

My 2 award-winning prized lasers:

2e4ccc9.jpg

n21gde.jpg

2u7u7fc.jpg

wbt9tz.jpg

Hehe! My Open Can Pocket Devil, averaging at 280mW set at 420mA [smiley=evil.gif]

And...

1z57qxd.jpg

fu5cee.jpg

im83d3.jpg

Um... The jayrob heatsink is in backwards...

Anyways, My Pocket Blu-Ray!! Averaging at 140mA, set at 150mA [smiley=evil.gif]

I credit myself for being the second person to build a blu-ray in this host (first was jayrob), and being the first person to build an open can in this host. Hence, my AWARD WINNNING LASERS!!! :cool:

These are the most appreciated out of all my lasers...