Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Popular Science Phaser Article...

jayrob

A reporter for Popular Science Magazine saw my latest 1.3 Watt Phaser video on Youtube and contacted me to ask if it was alright to write a brief article. It's in the July, 2011 issue...

Phaser%201.3%20Watts.jpg

I asked him to put a link to LPF in the article, but I guess maybe the editor did not approve of that or something.

phaser%20pop%20sci%201.jpg

phaser%20pop%20sci%202.jpg

But if readers were interested, all they would have to do is Google 'Jay Robertson phaser', and they will find links to LPF!

So hopefully this will draw some quality members Avery! :)

Here's more information on the build:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/1-5-amp-445nm-phaser-build-62371.html

Edit:

Now that I know who made the Iron Man palm laser... (by AnselmoFanZero - I know now) That was actually the highlighted laser project in the Popular Science article...

I just got a little corner of the page. There were 3 laser projects shown. The highlight was the Iron Man, then my Phaser mod, and also a spiro build by Dan Kruse. (LPF - QuackMasterDan)

phaser%20pop%20sci%203.jpg

Last edited:

Congrats, Jayrob!

I've seen your phasor videos /threads (all of them, I think), and collectively your tutorials threads are a "real heep 'o treasure".

Congrats Jay....
I know how proud you must feel.....:gj:
I had something published in Popular Electronics in Dec 2001
and I felt like I had published Moby Dick....

Jerry

jayrob

I told him to mention the importance of proper eye protection, and to put a link to LPF, but I guess I only got limited space for the article...

Thanks for the props everybody! :)

Last edited:
Congratz! The only thing I have been published on is Cracked (used to be a writer).

Arayan

these things are always nice... I remember with some satisfaction for an article published last year on Science weekly about a my research :)

Congrats Jayrob :beer:

Last edited:
Very cool Jay! :cool: At the very least you should get some good exposure from that article. Lets just hope no more systemengineers are drawn in as a result!! :eek:

Last edited:
Congrats Jay.:wave: The amount of talent you have iam not very surprised.:)

:gj:

jayrob

Loving all the great comments! :thanks:

If they would have let me write the article, I would have of course mentioned how I learned to do stuff like that...

Right here on LPF! :beer:

Congrats Jay,,,very sweet build now you got me wanting one so bad only wish you made complete phaser's
:worthy:

A big congratulations Jay!!
It's great that your work has been put in such a well know periodical. Hopefully this type of exposure will be more beneficial to the laser communities plight than the negative that seems to inundated the media of late.:beer:
:gj:

benmwv

Yes, Congrats!!

I read that a few days ago. I did a double take when I saw your phaser and the iron man glove.

jayrob

Thanks guys! :beer:

Congrats Jay,,,very sweet build now you got me wanting one so bad only wish you made complete phaser's
:worthy:

Actually I do offer a complete build! :D (minus the diode)

That's easy to install though. You can get a diode pre-installed into an AixiZ module from daguin or DTR with lead wires soldered on. Then all you need to do, is connect your diode leads, to my driver leads! :)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-star-trek-phaser-hot-option-individual-parts-46946.html

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Thats awesome Jay! :D

hopefully we will see more members :)

You have so much skill and creativity and this is what you deserve!