Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pman 1000th post

Pman

I was trying to figure out what I could do for a 1000th post as I was originally going to post it as my "Pman special" thread/surprise giveaway. Well, circumstances as they were, I found myself with some time on my hands as my father was having a surprise 5 bypass surgery and I needed something to do while waiting forever in a waiting room.

I never thought I would ever post what I am about to and I do so with quite a lot of trepidation. There are many here who know me well enough (or at least I hope) that will attest to my character. I post the following pics not as some childish ego trip but as a token of my thanks for a great forum and some great friends with a special shout out to Lazerbeak and hakzaw:wave:

I've tried to give back and contribute by helping where I can, supporting monetarily, tutorials, others giveaways and my own besides for helping some where it really counted in the friendship department and hopefully done so in an honorable fashion. If I've inspired anyone in any way you're most welcome.
Understand that I absolutely know that these are just "things" and if they were all gone tomorrow it wouldn't faze me. People are where true value lies and there are some good ones here. Get to know them and remember to be overly kind.

I think you will understand why I posted this under the "hosts" section;)
All seperators were removed that protect them from each other so you could see them. None of them touch and there are foam pieces that seperate tops from bottoms.

wt0o.jpg

g8vi.jpg

niup.jpg

2hu2.jpg

jck0.jpg

k33k.jpg

fwsl.jpg

sty2.jpg

az3p.jpg

Last edited:

NKO29

WOW that's a crazy collection of lasers! I enjoy reading your posts about making lasers from CHEAP hosts! Your ideas never cease to amaze me :)

Blord

Congrats with your 1000th post ! :wave:
That is a HUGE collection of lasers you got there. Good thing you have it organized in cases or you will never find it back.

Last edited:
Wow pman. I know you said you had a bunch of handhelds but that is nuts. Your totally right about friends and people being where true value lies. I know I put a lot of time and money Ito lasers but it can't touch the feeling I get when I'm with my son. Thanks for everything you have done for us. The tmack clan thinks very highly of you!

Pete you are a great man and I am very glad that I can call you a friend! You my friend are the "King of Budget Lasers" and a GREAT ASSET to this community! Lasers are great but you said it perfect, people and friendships are what matter the most :beer:

Heres to 1000 more posts and continuing to be the great gent that you are :beer:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congrats on 1000 posts Pete!!! :beer:

I'm sure nobody here at LPF will ever question your character, it's top notch!
I know of no one who has contributed more, in such a short time than the "Pman".

Congratulations again:beer:! I can definitely attest to your character, even though I barely know you Pman, it's easy to see (and hear) all you've done to help people. You definitely practice what you preach when it comes to valuing people over things.

Sweet builds, and all in one picture to! (the first pic)

Mattronium

Spectacular collection! Worthy 1000th post for a Photonaholic indeed :)

You are a credit to the forum and I'm proud to call you friend ;)

~ LB

I'm speechless on the laser collection I'm suddenly feeling very inadequate ....Congratulations on the 1000th post

Pman

Don't know how I'm supposed to thank everyone for their comments separately so ill toss in a :gh:
You guys are great.
I got involved with Blord soon after joining and we worked out a couple of nice builds. I remember telling him something like "I couldn't decide whether to buy units from him or my wife and I come and stay at the Blords bed and breakfast"
He responded with something like "bed and breakfast as people are far more important than any laser"
Nuff said:)

Trying to figure out what's still wrong with me since the big kidney stone issue a couple weeks ago. I can't shake this sicky weak thing I keep going through.
Hardly do anything during the day but slowly feel worse and then I sweat through my clothes in bed and fever keeps going back up to about 102 during that time but I can knock it down with ibuprofen. Tired of feeling tired. May have to go to one of those walk in clinics since it's Saturday.

Anyways, the only one shown that isn't complete is the polished aluminum one that Lazerbeak gave me shown in the first individual case pic on the right (one with the "Pman specials"). Deserves some serious output. Not going to happen anytime soon as I haven't earned any $ for a couple weeks now.
Hope everyone has a great weekend:)

***I've been working on Fasttech concerning trying to get them to carry the stronger 532nm modules again and would appreciate help from anyone doing this. Just leave a message with them asking about more powerful modules like they used to sell. They used to sell 50mw rated modules for I think around $8 and people would buy them like hot-cakes but then when we all got together and tried to get them to sell ones stronger than that they were going to and then all of a sudden they took the 50mw ones off the market due to the 5mw thing. Don't know what happened but they keep adding more powerful lasers to sell now (possibly up to 2W) so why can't we have our stronger modules back? Most members stopped buying any modules from them since they were only rated at 5mw now but this is completely false as they are still low IR and I've had ones hit over 140mw with pot adjustment. Not sure if I've ever gotten one below 30mw without pot adjustment with either the 5V or 3V ones. It's been my experience that overall, the 5V ones are more likely to hit over 100mw with adjustment (.43 amps feeding 3.2V is where I initially set them using a variable DC power supply). They run perfect with a normal 3V setup so although I tend to run mine with either a single 10440 or 14500 for the small builds, it's really unnecessary other than having rechargeable cells.

Last edited:
Pete I know that everyone here has you in their prayers. I do hope the doctors can get this figured out and quickly! Being sick is no fun and can be scary :(
God speed pal :beer:

Congrats on 1000.

And in under a year

It looks like you've got one laser for every day of the year and 3 posts for each laser. :)

Last edited:

Pman

Thank you.
Not quite but I believe there's a total of just about 240 as there are a few really low powered ones scattered around the house in stretegic locations for cat use.

Wow, you joined way back in Jan of 2008. That's a really nice avatar. I was hoping my sister (an avid trekkie) would have been able to find me a few phasers to mess the last time I visited her but she wasn't sure where they were.

Thanks Livinloud. Been laying up in bed all morning with my wife just watching interesting stuff on tv. Fever is down to 99.8 but that won't last. Looks like I'm going to try one more day and thengo tomorrow to see a Doc if it doesn't change. I need to get back to work but what I do is both mentally and physically exhausting and I'll only get sicker.

Got a response back from Fasttech about the modules

"Ok, we will ask our supplier if they the item is available."
Never know, may work out for everyone or not.
This is what I just sent back

"Thanks.
Have been talking to our members in the laserpointerforums.com and they eagerly await the response to more powerful 532nm modules. Told them that you are looking into it. Let me know what you will be able to offer us. Good stronger modules are very sought after for the prices you can get us. Would love to see some in 50mw, 100mw 200mw and whatever else they can come up with."

Pete

Last edited:

Pman

I'm in some trouble. Can't stop my fever. 103.6 and rising.
Wife taking me to Emergency room

Last edited:
My family and I wish you the best Pete. We know you will be strong. Hang in there.