Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Personally Designed Host Build Thread

I like the focus adapter idea! Added benefit of making it harder for debris to get to the lens threads. An o-ring groove might even make it water resistant, and a glass slide in front of the lens would make it close to impossible for dust to contaminate your lens.

Very cool host, and I like the modularity too! If you wanted, you could simply make multiple heads for a given battery "pack"

I hope your focus adapter protection sleeve becomes popular! I think it has great potential!

Very nice host. The focus adapter, modular design, and the light up button are what makes it appeal to me.
+rep :beer:

IsaacT

The lighting in the pics makes it almost look titanium :) pretty cool. And actually, this reminds me of a more modern/futuristic cni PGL-III-A Host.

It does look a lot like titanium. It is a matte finish. I prefer matte over polished for aluminum because it looks better longer.

Can i buy one? Legit, me and you have identical taste. Kinda why i like the MS-Envy so much.

Its exactly what I want :p

BTW, there are two versions of the angel eye switch. The momentary ones are much shorter than the latching switches, so there was no choice in what switch to get, as the latching mechanism in the switch makes it too long to work in this host :(

-Matt

Last edited:

IsaacT

Can i buy one? Legit, me and you have identical taste. Kinda why i like the MS-Envy so much.

Its exactly what I want :p

BTW, there are two versions of the angel eye switch. The momentary ones are much shorter than the latching switches, so there was no choice in what switch to get, as the latching mechanism in the switch makes it too long to work in this host :(

-Matt

I am glad you like it :) As I mentioned above, I may end up having a couple more built. Though not too many, I loathe mass production. I will be tweaking the design slightly after this first one though, to fix any detrimental characteristics. Provided the focus adapter performs well and doesn't diminish heatsinking, it will certainly make other appearances in my hosts.

Also, good to know about the switch. Honestly I am not bothered by the momentary nature of the switch.

Thanks for the kind words :) just need to buy my driver and I can get this guy finished. But I have some exciting stuff I want to pay for all at once so for now I shall wait.

Hey, that's a great host.. I especially like the back lit switch!!

Agree it's classy.. I can also imagine it would be even class'ier' in two tone.
Copper and pain Ti or silver alloy with a polished finish.

Great concept host!! Bravo.. You are now the B&O of host design!! :bow down:
+ what ever I can give to you!! :beer:

Teej

It reminds me of my ms envy, except the side switch instead of tail, and the way you cleaned up the front. I also like the matte finish you used.

13963051684_a87f2290fc_c.jpg

ms envy (445 nm 3 w, runs on two 18350s)

Is there a way to prevent the side switch from hot pocketing?

I have some side switched stuff that can accidentally press in a pocket and go on. The ones that don't do that have the switches recessed pretty deeply to avoid accidental presses...or a lockout method.

I really like the side switch with light idea. Some sort of glow when its off, to find the switch in the dark, would be sweet.

:D

Great work!

Last edited:
As expected, it seems I must spread some rep around before I can give it back to wannaburnstuff:yabbmad:

Last edited:
Beautiful...in concept and build ! I really like the Angel Eye switch !!! Nice finishing touch !!! I prefer a latching switch...only for Photo Ops and the occasional turn-it-on, stand back and admire !!! haha Thanx for inviting us on your travels !!

Lite'em Up CDBEAM=======>

IsaacT

I think I am going to put one of those new 460-470 1.4W diodes in here.

I think I am going to put one of those new 460-470 1.4W diodes in here.

MMmmmm....YES...New 462 NM Line !!! (For a LD) ...1.4W at 462nm = 3.5W at 445 concerning luminosity/apparent brightness....More driver selections for the 1.4W LD.....

Just not as much raw optical power as the 3.5W !!!

Oh well.....there are always trade-offs !!!

Lite'em UP CDBEAM=======>

Last edited:

IsaacT

I am going to wait until someone else has them though I think. Simply because I want to know how beam specs are and what powers to run it at. Somehow I still lack a bench supply lol.