Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Last edited:
Though, this UK 99p seller did come true, so he do honor eBay listings that goes way under MSRP. (1/3)
It arrived today from England (looks brand-new, as it should).

Sofar only tested with a 488nm handheld stubby 1x18350 from around 2017 .. https://tinyurl.com/mu9hwdd4

It seems fast/sensitive, with a few seconds in this lower mW ballpark to peak.. weighs a tad under 300g with a sensor that is quite countersunk, to the point of acting as a crude beam funnel/dump to circumvent glare & reflections but there definitely also hotpots underneath .
Around 60mW matches what I also got on other meters with a half-empty 18350 cell, while fully charged, its usually 6 to 9mW higher...
The fast peak is a plus for some of my older pumped diodes where the output is quite volatile and 10 to 30 sec reading time can be a hurdle.

Labeled as 0-20W sustained, and 20 to 40W momentary, but it goes without saying that anything is relative when it comes to these no-name mashup CN meter products..

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah it is. It's also very old and He tends to escape even if it just sits.
I'll second that thought Paul. The video clearly shows no lasing going on and the discharge color is wrong for HeNe. It looks like a cool neon tube for an art project though.

I'll second that thought Paul. The video clearly shows no lasing going on and the discharge color is wrong for HeNe. It looks like a cool neon tube for an art project though.
Maybe. I think $80 is too much though.

These will only get stronger and more compact over time, when the auto industry's investment in battery technology makes the next leap, be it evolved sodium cells, super ultra caps or something else, that will reduce the form factor alone, I expect we will have hand held laser welders/cutters/cleaners with the footprint of a cordless drill within a decade....... what could possibly go wrong. lol

Encap

Yup exactly!! Time to deregulate handhelds.
As if that is ever likely to happen rather than strict laws, rules, and regulation of any new handheld dangerous laser devices to help restrict and/or prevent nut job and ignorant/untrained use for safety reasons. lol

Last edited:

The micro RGB array is back on ebay, now for three times as much as it was when it first popped up
It's around the price I also got from sources in China. 250 to 400USD
I purchased one in early February, though not from eBay but from one of the links I quoted in #5255 where the prices were even lower that those early eBay prices, though same seller
And I didn't cancel it, even though it wasn't shipped for many weeks (China New Year gave the sellers an extended shipping time) but suddenly after 5 weeks, in early Marts (8-3) as the shipping deadline was about to run out, the seller listed it as shipped with a tracking number to my surprise.

Usually means three things on Aliexpress..
* Either it is a fake tracking, often from somebody else in your region, so it looks like it is headed your way.
* Or he actually decided to ship it.
* Or he shipped something else, of very little value and if the buyer is on call, and remembers to dispute in time, he will just accept the dispute, and move on.

Aliexpress system is sadly orchestrated as, that it's better to scam with tracking, (usually other people's tracking from your region) and then just eat a possible dispute a month or two later, - than it is "to not ship an item" and fx just let the shipping deadline finalize, so the purchase gets canceled, as that will hurt their store account a lot on Aliexpress.
Also why many sellers are desperate that you cancel a purchase they can't or won't deliver, instead of letting the shipping-timer run out

Time will tell, it does look like a legit tracking number, as the postal code matches, and it will arrive in a few days, so curious to see what he shipped.