Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

None of that makes sense, the max power out is far too low for that amount of current unless these are horribly inefficient. Why don't they specify more, like the PPLN heater voltage and current as well as the emitter current as separate figures? Just one current figure? Their documentation is awful.

Edit: OMG, I just found the figure for the conversion efficiency, 3.8 percent! At 23 amps and 3 volts you would have less than 3 watts of laser power output, now I see why the current figure didn't make sense, steer away from these devices.

Last edited:
Yeah, 2+ grand is out of my league as well. I wouldn't mind having a 50 mW 593.5nm lab laser, but for that kind of money I would likely get something with a bit more output power. Maybe a 577nm lab laser. It has less orange in it and looks more yellow.

Anyone here buy one of these:

Thoughts? Junk? Pictures of optics inside? Divergence is horrible, but I could remedy that.

I have bought a couple similar ones to play with. One was 1/2 watt other was slightly more.

My biggest issue with them was the size of the beams in relation to each other. Alignment was decent for short distances, Nothing great.
On the ones I have, some of the beams where MUCH larger so you have a small green dot in a Blue circle, kind of thing. Which makes it very hard to use for anything meaningful (scanners) It would take some adjustment to fix the optics properly, so I just left it as it is and used for lumia with polymer balls, which made it much less of an issue.

So I guess it depends on what you are using it for and how much effort you want to put in on them. There is basic alignment adjustment on them. All the pieces are there, but you may need to fiddle with the lens and dichroics a bit, which can be tedious. It's chinese, so...

My .02

Yeah, I have a lower power one too. They are not equal sized beams and there is no easy way to remedy that. Still, for the money, you can't get near 1 watt of RGB anywhere else. If you want one to do scanning with, these likely won't wok well for you.

I see, cheap for a reason. I've wanted one of the OptLasers.com https://optlasers.com/rgb-modules/4w-rgb-laser-module-v2 4 watt white RGB units for a long time, but although a good price compared to what they used to be at closer to $1500 in the past, I can't pull the trigger. So, started looking at these cheap Chinese units. From what you both just reported, I don't think I will bother, don't like the beams to be so unequal in diameter.