Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

People buy stuff useless to us all of the time on ebay :) Although, maybe more trouble than it is worth.

The first photo looks like 5.6 mm, the rest of the photo's look like 9 mm.

I noticed that as well, also how they can't decide if it's a 1.6 or 2.0w..............they likely send out whatever they have, 15,000 hour pulls even at that low price I'll bet.

From China, anything is possible, but who am I telling? We all know that. Edit: sometimes I think they mix things up on purpose, as I believe you eluded to. So when unhappy we get something which matches part of the description, but not what we thought it would be, they can then apologize profusely for the error in their listing, as is always the case, plenty of apology. I've been through this cycle more than once, and do they then fix the listing? Nope. What does that tell me? It tells me they make more money with those errors, so they leave them in. Is that the case with this listing? Donno.

Last edited:
These are claimed to be brand new and the photos are of diodes with full length pins with no solder. I would not trust this to even be the listed diode, much less a brand new diode. That price seems like a scam price and you might not receive a diode at all.

DTR

If three pin probably the one that had been selling as NDB7B77.

I have been working on testing out a new diode that has been popping up. 3.8mm, Green. Probably around 80mW rated. Diodes with similar markings are being offered as many different diodes that I found trying to track down what this actually is. Listings with pictures of the diode listed as PL520, PL520B, NDG4216, GH0521DE5G, GH05290A5G, GH05280E5K, also as "New import 100mW 525nm" and more.

Last edited:
Here's your chance to get a diode super uber cheap, NOT.... Techhood is bidding the price up themselves:

They think making the bid private hides that fact, LOL. It could be anyone, except it isn't, they admitted they are doing this. If you can get it cheap enough anyway, it's moot, just be aware of what is going on.

Last edited:
I saw this auction in my email as I get those from Techhood along with others. I don't want to get another higher than necessary diode from them again. There should be eBay rules keeping them or their agents from doing this.

Did you guys see what Jordan posted.
I get excited about a new anything these days.

CHECK THIS OUT

That is a pretty generic lable but still interesting, 480mw of single mode would sure be nice though LOL

Last edited:
Did you guys see what Jordan posted.
I get excited about a new anything these days.

CHECK THIS OUT

Yes. It is in post 4,648 on this page, just three posts above yours.

Yes. It is in post 4,648 on this page, just three posts above yours.

paul.......Calm down........take a deep breath and try not to get too excited now.

This is the 1st 3.8 that I know of with anti static protection built in, that doesn't mean that there aren't others, just the 1st that I have seen.

Ha, you guys, and I appreciate both of you. We are different kinds of people, I too, but we all have a love in common.

Reactions: DTR