Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Probably, 65 in gives 60 out

:undecided:

Code:
Input voltage range: DC 6-60V
Output voltage range: 0-50.00V

Soooo, are you saying they're mislabeled, or that you're overdriving the piss out of them? Those caps are only rated for 63V, and of questionable chinese origin to boot, so you're a ballsy guy for sticking 65V up its clacker.

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I am currently bidding on this NDG7475 diode. www.ebay.com/itm/142734900447. I'd appreciate it if no one would bid against me as I plan on getting this one. :thanks:

For 5 days out it's already gone too high, I start on one that's low and put in a max bid of 11.84 that way when someone outbids my yet unseen max it goes 50 cents over making it 12.34 and that screws with peoples minds, stops them from running up the bid as it looks like some monkey business is going on, then if one ends late night sometimes people forget and old Cowboy scores ;)

If someone goes past early set it up for 22.22 or 33.33 it can slow them down.

Last edited:

I agree it is really high already. I had to bid it there to get it in my column as someone had a max bid on it to just under where it is now. If it ends up going too high, I'll pass and wait for another one to come along. I have noticed there are several Tin pin ones called refurbished. Have you gotten any of these as that tends to scare me away.

Edit: someone has already outbid me and the diode is at $80.00 now. I am thinking this might be one to let go. There are still five days left on it.

Last edited:

Ricker

Do you guys find it strange that no one sells the NDG700 520nm diode on EBay, only the more expensive and powerful NDG7475? I feel like most are actually the 700 unfortunately.

That was my guess too.

Edit: Back to add another find, even with the high shipping price, still a good price to me, several of each available.

Directly power your laser diodes to test them without attaching a driver using this variable voltage adjustable set point constant current power supply:

Marked 120 VAC 60 Hz input: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xantrex-Sorensen-XT7-6-Power-Supply/302017618184

Marked 230 VAC 50 Hz input: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xantrex-Sorensen-XT7-6-Power-Supply-230-Volt-with-GPIB-Option/291821919026

This is a high quality lab power supply, I believe all of these models use ten turn pots for both voltage and current adjustments (ask seller), something I think all lab power supplies should have. These probably won't spike and kill your diode if the AC power to them is interrupted, or turned off and on, but don't do that.

Last edited:

Interesting, Chris. If I didn't already have all the power supplies I need, I might make an offer on it.

From the type of line cord it takes, I think it's safe to assume it is 110 VAC. Also, coming from CA, so it isn't overseas.

Their 230 VAC marked version uses the same type of power cord, I'm wondering if they are really 110-240 VAC power supplies, but just marked for one or the other.

If that is the case, I really don't know. I'm not really interested in it so I wouldn't send a request for more information.

I believe all of these models use ten turn pots for both voltage and current adjustments

No. I own 4 of this style. They're 10-turn on voltage, 1-turn on current.

I'm assuming 110-120 VAC, but I don't see the marking showing that.

It's got a sticker for certification in Canada. Therefore it is 120VAC.

From the type of line cord it takes, I think it's safe to assume it is 110 VAC.

NO! That is an IEC 60320-C14 connector which is rated for either 125VAC or 250VAC at up to 15A. I personally have several pieces of lab gear with this style plug that require 240VAC.

I'm wondering if they are really 110-240 VAC power supplies, but just marked for one or the other.

NO! Switchmode power supplies can often pre-select a voltage doubler, or don't care whether the rectified mains is 140V or 450V, but these are LINEAR power supplies. The required voltage range is VERY narrow by comparison. Modification from 230VAC to 115VAC would either require internally rewiring the transformer taps, or replacing the input transformer entirely. Some linear supplies allow reconfiguration of the transformer taps with an external switch, but this is not one of them.

Gee Cyp. you have such a way with words, I wonder how you are in person, text can often come across differently. Since that post I did further research and found the answers to this already which are in agreement. I haven't used my own power supplies for two years, must have forgotten how many turns were on the current, it's the voltage pot which matters most to me anyway.

It's up for bid with free shipping $59:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sorensen-AMTEK-XT-7-6-Regulated-DC-Power-Supply/123039502484

Some of these come with a ten turn voltage and ten turn current control, I thought I've seen some of these models like that. For voltage I think a ten turn is important, current not so much but preferable for my likes.

Nevermind 60 volts showing on this photo (above), it's 7 VDC and 6 amps, good for most of the diodes we use if you want to bench test them without soldering a tiny driver on the diode first.

If I were going to bid this, I'd ask them why they didn't adjust the voltage up to 7 VDC for the photo

In testing low power single mode laser diodes, I need a CC source that is easily adjusted. My low power supply has a switch for low current and high current that comes in handy when testing these new Sharp high Vf diodes at currents below and just above threshold. I don't like the fact that this one has a single turn pot and no high/low switch for current. I haven't worked with this particular supply, so I can't speak from experience and I could be wrong in thinking that the current is not as adjustable as I would need it to be.

Yea, it's optional to have both controls ten turn, but still a very nice supply for the money, beats the pants off of those China supplies they call laboratory grade.