Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

That one has been bouncing around ebay for I believe a year now at least. WAY overpriced knowing these went for $30-$50 each through the years most "simply" needing an alignment, the photodiode removed, and colliminated to get between 30mW and 80mW out depending on how hard they were pushed.

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Oh.... you are correct. I missed that. Thanks.

Wow, those went quick. A DPSS laser and a spectrometer at dirt cheap prices. What's not to love?

I believe they can be broken down for parts to net more than paying for the whole unit, if someone wanted to get their money back out of them later. Probably can do better than breaking even.

Oh, I agree. There are all sorts of optics, fiber optic cables, and of course the spectrometer. Does anyone have a model number for this thing? I could really use a manual and/or schematics on it.

Last edited:

Oh, I agree. There are all sorts of optics, fiber optic cables, and of course the spectrometer. Does anyone have a model number for this thing? I could really use a manual and/or schematics on it.

The model number is BPS473.

This overpriced listing is the same thing with the original case and without the pharmanex sticker peeled off.

Great. Thanks for that number. :yh:

Ricker

Alaskan, I've opened up over a dozen H-1700, 1750, etc. C@$!0 pj's ,and they all have either M140 M Style, or M140 A Style, no difference. Scammer all the way.

The guy answered my message to him asking about them, said he listed them at 465 nm in error. I went and looked again just now, did he correct the error? Nope!

if we can get a hand full of members to tell him he is wrong with that assumption, or perhaps just some kind of justification in his own mind, that would help set him on track, maybe?

Alaskan, I've opened up over a dozen H-1700, 1750, etc. C@$!0 pj's ,and they all have either M140 M Style, or M140 A Style, no difference. Scammer all the way.

ebay seller critical_eye_studios is a scammer ?

That ebay seller just responded to my message asking him if he listed them as 465 nm in error, why he hasn't fixed his listing yet with the following;

He thinks I am complaining because I'm a seller in competition with him, wrong, I sell nothing. Can one or more members please message him telling him how wrong he is about the wavelength being unimportant? What doesn't make sense is if it is unimportant, then why is he listing them at a more sought after wavelength? I have a very critical eye to misrepresentations regarding lasers or laser parts, we get enough of that from the China sellers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Two-High-Power-M140-Laser-Diodes-4-2W-2-1W-ea-Blue-465nm-/322698172720

Last edited:

Wow. And that seller is going on my "nope" list. That is a rude as hell response to a legitimate question.IMO wouldn't matter if you were a competitor, that is a very rude response.