Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

diachi

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

i have some SSY-1 ND:YAG's and they are tiny, this thing is huge compared to them, if it is an ND YAG, I'd love to have it, just needs a cavity and control +voltage..

Explains the higher cost of the one in the eBay listing then. Wish I had the money to spend on it! Just dropped $415 on a pair of leafsprings for my truck. :mad:

Some eBay finds for today (more to come later no doubt!)

Coherent Compass 215M-20:

Coherent COMPASS 215M-20 20mW 532nm CW Green Laser Head with Heatsink | eBay

Laserglow Aries 35mW 532nm:

Laserglow Technologies Aries-35 Green Portable 532 nm Laser w/ carrying case | eBay

Melles Griot HeNe Tube LOT (Check sellers other listings too!):

Melles Griot 05-LHR-120 or -219 HeNe Laser Tube Hobbyist Special Free Shipping | eBayhttp://www.ebay.ca/itm/Melles-Griot...442713?hash=item466aea2d99:g:WNIAAOSw-URZrsn8

Last edited:

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Same on my part.

now and then I catch a good one. I have a few too, but they wouldn't be cheap. you dont need much to make a laser. The issue now is finding suitable mirrors. nobody makes optics for them anymore. I need an output coupler and nobody makes them anymore...and custom optics are too expensive.

I hadn't thought so far ahead that I was concerned about the mirrors for it. Might be better to find appropriate HR and OC , then look for rods.

Yes, custom optics are expensive indeed. If I ever come across an output coupler for a ruby i'll let you know. What OC would you preferably want. Also you don't necessarily have to have the coating at 694nm for the HR and OC.
Paul, if you have the expertise. Go for it. It would be an awesome project. As long as your gain is sufficient you should be able to get a correctly doped rod to lase.

I've got to get a couple of projects I'm in the middle of off my plate before I can start a new one now. I still plan on trying to get the parts needed to build a ruby laser. I guess optics should be my first concern, though. :thanks:

That last one doesn't ship to the USA. Wonder why?

diachi

That last one doesn't ship to the USA. Wonder why?

Weird, it ships to Canada. :thinking:

Looks like it'd be suitable for lots of power!

Edit: I shouldn't be allowed on eBay...

sC6osER.png

That's for stuff I'm waiting on arriving...

Last edited:

You know I'm on ebay too much if I've already been looking at all of those! The seller of that "ssy-1" is telling me it says YAG on it somewhere, but he doesn't know anything about it otherwise.

jnrpop

Last edited:

diachi

First one isn't ruby, most likely YAG.

Here's a datasheet for the second one: www.qioptiq.com/download/Qioptiq_iFLEX2000_datasheet_Aug2011.pdf

Not sure on the last one.

Last edited:

It's already sold. Did you get it, Chris? I wanted to check it out and the listing has already closed.

diachi

Huh. I missed that. :thanks:

When I saw that listing, I watched it during the last 15 minutes and kept saying to myself, I don't need it, it's a CW YAG, nope! Don't buy it... don't.... but I did.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

:D Of course you did. :p

I put a very minimal bid, just five dollars over the last bid and did not expect to get it, I kept saying, OK, outbid me, I shouldn't have.... Oops... Got it. At that price, now I am glad I did. Just need to find flash tubes for it now. My concern is if I wreck that YAG rod I won't be able to find another one like it, might be able to use another rod in there, but not the same thing.

When I saw that listing, I watched it during the last 15 minutes and kept saying to myself, I don't need it, it's a CW YAG, nope! Don't buy it... don't.... but I did.

:crackup: I can picture you fighting the urge to buy it. But, the urge was too great.