Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Ushan

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Of course not. :banghead: I asked the question before I even thought if i knew how to wire it. Sending a reply now asking how to wire

Last edited:

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Of course not. :banghead: I asked the question before I even thought if i knew how to wire it. Sending a reply now asking how to wire

:crackup: Look at it as a learning experience. A mistake you will only make once.

diachi

Tuneable (you can select which of the lines lasers) Melles Griot Argon Laser - No Power Supply:

ION LASER 514nm MELLES GRIOT 35-LAP-321-120 FOR PARTS | eBay

YWqpHPY.png

Melles Griot lens set:

MELLES GRIOT 25.0mm DIA LENS KIT WITH PCX DCX PCV DCV LENSES | eBay

Untested JDSU 2214-40MLA (MULTILINE) Argon Laser with Power Supply:

JDS Uniphase 2214-40MLA Argon Ion Laser w/ 2114B-40MLA Power Supply

JDSU 2213-75SL Argon Laser Head - Don't see these often, this is the larger version of the 2214. Requires a specific 2213 power supply.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2836-JDS-Un...508328?hash=item21131bc728:g:MFQAAOxy6-tSDBjl

Last edited:

Ushan

:crackup: Look at it as a learning experience. A mistake you will only make once.

Yep, learning experience. I got the switch in today and spent about an hour trying different wire combos, but it seems the led is only wired to turn on all the time. I guess that's the difference between the 6 pin switch and 4 pin. Oh well, i still have a cool switch.

Tuneable (you can select which of the lines lasers) Melles Griot Argon Laser - No Power Supply:

ION LASER 514nm MELLES GRIOT 35-LAP-321-120 FOR PARTS | eBay

YWqpHPY.png

Melles Griot lens set:

MELLES GRIOT 25.0mm DIA LENS KIT WITH PCX DCX PCV DCV LENSES | eBay

Untested JDSU 2214-40MLA (MULTILINE) Argon Laser with Power Supply:

JDS Uniphase 2214-40MLA Argon Ion Laser w/ 2114B-40MLA Power Supply

JDSU 2213-75SL Argon Laser Head - Don't see these often, this is the larger version of the 2214. Requires a specific 2213 power supply.

2836 JDS Uniphase 2213-75SLRAMO72 Laser | eBay

These seem high priced considering even the last argon doesn't show any beam shots and is sold "as is". He claims it is a working unit, but then shows everything, but the thing working. And at the last says it is "as is".

Yep, learning experience. I got the switch in today and spent about an hour trying different wire combos, but it seems the led is only wired to turn on all the time. I guess that's the difference between the 6 pin switch and 4 pin. Oh well, i still have a cool switch.

That doesn't seem right. I think you might be using one of the output wires as an input. That would make the LED light all the time. Try every possible way with an ohmmeter, then try it with a 8-12 VDC source. I'll bet that thing only lights up when the switch is on when it is wired correctly.

Last edited:

diachi

These seem high priced considering even the last argon doesn't show any beam shots and is sold "as is". He claims it is a working unit, but then shows everything, but the thing working. And at the last says it is "as is".

That doesn't seem right. I think you might be using one of the output wires as an input. That would make the LED light all the time. Try every possible way with an ohmmeter, then try it with a 8-12 VDC source. I'll bet that thing only lights up when the switch is on when it is wired correctly.

Yes, the 2213 is pricey, really I only posted it because you don't see them all that often.

The complete 2214 isn't a bad deal assuming it is working and in reasonable condition. That's a gamble.

The Melles head is a reasonable deal, condition looks good. Again assuming it works, but it's not too pricey if it doesn't. Shipping to me is stupid though.

I always factor in shipping when looking at the price. Even mine is high, but yours must be stupid high.

diachi

I always factor in shipping when looking at the price. Even mine is high, but yours must be stupid high.

It's another case where the shipping is more expensive than the item. Happens all the time. :(

they're a 532nm laser.

diachi

532nm, been on eBay for a while, seen it a bunch of times over the last few months. Good price though.

they're a 532nm laser.

Yeah... not sure how they're measuring it, but definitely 532nm.

There is (or at least was) a 561nm Compass on eBay for a while. It was pricey.

Edit: Still up! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coherent-Co...498404?hash=item4405d31fa4:g:oQ8AAOSwnHZYSJf1

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter

I thought those were 532 but a 561 at that price would be great. Sigh, I'll keep looking but if the 480 nm diodes turn out to be real 561 will have to wait!

Yeah all of the compass are green 532. There were some in other another wavelengths but they're quite rare to find. Ive seen two in 561 and one in 473 and 1064. Actually there's quite a lot of history behind those, as the design originally came from Adlas... which was based off of the DPY platform. Actually I'm the only person I know who owns an original one. Its from 1991 and was something like a $42,000 laser at the time. Its huge for only 150mW slm.

Last edited:

I've been watching this little YAG for awhile now, I keep thinking it is too small to produce much power, am I wrong? Anyone care to make an educated guess on a reasonable expectation for output power when end pumped with 808 nm?

Tiny YAG rod 2.5mm dia. x 5.2mm long Plano cvx 15mm Spectra physics AR HR coated | eBay

It doesn't look doped to me. I think the purple in the 5th pic is due to the AR coating. The Spectra-Physics labels also give no indication of doping type or concentration.