Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Can you link to the datasheet? I don't see it on the ebay page.

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

datasheet in the attachment.
It says that "The 5400 Series diode lasers operate in single longitudinal mode under some conditions"...

Attachments

• jds-uniphase-54-00072_21896b63cf.pdf
    272.7 KB · Views: 39

they may well be SLM, but only while temperature managed probably, and with a driver that can take advantage of the feedback and such. the temperature transients would cause the modes to change. I can see it being possible though.

You are right, ultimatekaiser. About SLM violation conditions are mentioned in the datasheet that "longitudinal mode instability may occur due to small changes in drive current, diode-junction temperature or optical feedback"... So a good driver and cooling are required to keep it in single mode operation.

I find also another seller on aliexpress with 16$/pcs price, but seller does not know the model number and not have a datasheet.:(

Last edited:

Strange he lists things from China but I recieved ftom Israel, also his FB account shows him there too.

Maybe he has a business partner in China.

Here's something new. A 2.5 watt 639nm Mitsubishi laser diode in a TO-9 case for $245.00. I think this will be able to be driven higher than the listed power. Maybe the price will come down in a few months. Mitsubishi ML562G84 639nm 2500mW Oranger Red Laser Diode TO9 1 Pcs | eBay

Edit: I had a typo in the listing. sorry.

Last edited:
Last edited:

It's in the link. Check again.

Edit: the sheet is from Techood, so take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:

It's difficult to say as this is so new even Techood hasn't done enough testing to say. I tried to get a data sheet from Mitsubishi, but didn't have any luck. One would have to test it themselves at this point to know for sure. Either that, or wait until the seller does more testing and can tell us or Mitsubishi provides a data sheet.

I have one of those diodes but i dont really know enough about drivers to use it...

Says it has multiple emitters on the datasheet, that's bad news :(

Yeah, I saw that too. If I had to guess, I would say the current would need to be set between 2.4 and 3.00 amps.

Im confused have you guys not seen the g84 before? It has 3 beams (or sometimes 2...? See the thread...) but yeah it runs on 2.4a if i remember correctly.